It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Food Aid Delivered To North Korea...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
by Iran.

Iran has dispatched a consignment of humanitarian aid to Pyongyang as part of efforts to help the North Korean people who are struggling with hunger and malnutrition in the East Asian country.

www.presstv.ir...

Ouch. Another sting by Iran to the U.S in the form of humanitarian aid.

IMO, food-aid should be delivered whether sanctions are implemented on a nation or if a deal goes sour. Sanctions are meant to cripple the government, not the people.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The problem with north korea is they get caught selling food aid to buy weapons so I bet often the aid gets nowhere near the people that actually need it.

I still agree though, sanctions should be regarding the government and not it's people

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If it was the west or the UN doing it they would probably just take a bunch of vaccines.

Like in Africa. Vaccines are cheaper than food, and in a few years the need for food is gone.

-----------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

IMO, food-aid should be delivered whether sanctions are implemented on a nation or if a deal goes sour. Sanctions are meant to cripple the government, not the people.

Agreed
and if the gov of that area is not with working with those gov forces trying to help it then there should be sanctions brought against the leader not the people. So freeze their leaders global accounts and influences ect... Let the leader feel the hunger and maybe they will behave more productivly with the rest of the world.
edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If they got money for rockets, they got money for plows. Any food aid from anybody probably goes to feed their military first anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That`s fine with me as long as we didn`t supply the food. They hate us and would kill us if given the chance so why in the world would I want to feed them?
Would they if the shoe was on the other foot?
And does Iran plan on continuing this for long term? Or as I imagine it is a one time deal.

I would think if anyone should be looked badly at for not supplying them with food it should be China.
You know being all buddy buddy and all.

If it wasn`t for their wanting to be all caged up and made an effort to accept the outside world they wouldn`t need food aid to begin with.
It`s like that saying you made your bed now sleep in it. And from the videos I`ve seen the Government is no different then the people.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

All right and fine but the issue is that those that control the food control power. By denying the power of the North K. government to feed the people they are fomenting and increasing dissent.

The reverse is also true why do you think that most USA citizens would die if the government collapsed, because they are dependent on the government for many things that makes their lives possible. It all deals with power and control...

new topics

top topics

join