It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Want Homeland Security To Have More Power In National Parks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have to scratch my head on this. Oh sorry if it was posted. Couldnt find it. What possible authority could they have bestowed on them that they don't already have? The right to utilize any resource without limit or reason against federal laws, just seems too odd. I think there's something specific-minded going on here.
Homeland Security News Wire

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Troubling for sure.. but the source article is from 2011..

To check out the progress of this HR click here:

www.govtrack.us...

Being an election year, what are the odds that this get's tabled til 2013?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What kind of power are they trying to give them over parks? Natural resources? For what reason?

I guess it would be a good idea to put a naked body scanner at the park entrance. Gotta put an end to those kids carving their initials into those trees!

Seriously people will believe anything...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You make it sound as though the Department of Homeland Security having more power would be a bad thing. I mean, everyone knows that the DHS are our friends, and they're only there to help.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
You make it sound as though the Department of Homeland Security having more power would be a bad thing. I mean, everyone knows that the DHS are our friends, and they're only there to help.

Sarcasm! Petrus4 gots joke! I get that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The House is currently considering a bill that would cede control of America’s coastlines to DHS; under the proposed National Security and Federal Lands Protection Act, the Secretary of the Interior would forfeit authority of all public coast lands to the Secretary of Homeland Security, whenever the DHS chief sees fit

"is considering" which means its not a law and will never become a law since the Democrats still hold 2/3 of the government and hasn't passed a great many bills that are sitting at the senate waiting to be heard.

new topics

top topics

join