It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangely dated files not put there by me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Yes it should but things dont always go to plan. Theres a number of things that could go wrong that could stop it from saving and then deleting.

If everything is working ok on your USB drive and you mostly have documents then its probably safe to delete them..BUT if you really wanted to be sure that they are safe to delete without actually losing them i would make them into a zip file delete the files and move the zip somewhere else. If you really need to put it back at a later date you can just unzip it back onto your USB drive.

edit on 23-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by Wolfie0827

When I tried to delete the stuff it said they weren't in that location anymore so it couldn't delete them. It said locate the file then delete it.
The other file that said 'test.tmp' said it was a program file (or something like that) and if I deleted it, some programs might not work properly. But I did it anyway after moving the files I wanted to keep.

If you put it in a Windows system you can right-click your file (when it sows up in Start's results) and then ''open file location''. You'll see where the thing is stored and you'll be able to delete it from the root.
My guess is that it's a sub-program. Never heard of text that long. What does it say if you open with notepad?
edit on 24-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I didn't open it with notepad or anything else. I was worried I would mess something up. I have reformatted the flash drive, after removing my files I wanted of course. So now I guess I'll never know more. Thank you for responding though.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join