It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible way to stop celestial object impacts. Would this work and do you think its possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is it possible to take many of these brilliant pebbles seen below? Special modify them with thermal explosives.

Fill them up in fleet of these seen below x37b?

And then send fleet of brilliant pebbles filled x37b to 1 or more of these type EA*RTH inhabitant HARM asteriods seen below?

or a comet

like ELENIN

to prevent this?

If so then why does it seem like an impossible mission especially with -LASER-RAIL-SONIC TECHS AVAILABLE TODAY. Or does somebody want many to think its impossible to prevent this type of catastrophe for some odd reason.

Also if you have a better way to prevent impacts from celestial objects please share, you never know who is watching...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Observers please excuse if sensitive tried not to make it so.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Depends..

If you have a structural solid body coming in, it might take the impact of some big ol' thrusters (send years in front) without breaking into a scatterbomb of hot rocks.

Otherwise, in case of an ice-meteor, you have to find a way to heat one chosen place on its surface, so even if it rotates, the matter spewn away by the heating would generate a thrust into a desired (and planned) direction. Don't use explosives, otherwise you will get millions of bombs.

What is the problem with those ice/rock-bombs? Well, if enough of them are entering earths athmosphere, they might bring the athmospheres temperature itself to really life-threatening heights.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You wouldn't use a shuttle that's for sure, especially one the size of the x-37b...its about a quarter the size of NASA's shuttle.

edit on 23/4/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Depends..

If you have a structural solid body coming in, it might take the impact of some big ol' thrusters (send years in front) without breaking into a scatterbomb of hot rocks.

I was thinking that if the x37b was equipped with some laser-rail-sonic weapon the x37b fleet would be the first attackers they would release the BPs after the structure has been destroyed. The BPs would then be used to individuilize attacks on smaller fragments even being used to make a laser grid in front of the incomming debris...

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Otherwise, in case of an ice-meteor, you have to find a way to heat one chosen place on its surface, so even if it rotates, the matter spewn away by the heating would generate a thrust into a desired (and planned) direction. Don't use explosives, otherwise you will get millions of bombs.

What is the problem with those ice/rock-bombs? Well, if enough of them are entering earths athmosphere, they might bring the athmospheres temperature itself to really life-threatening heights.

I hadnt figured the aspect of the ice shredds or heated rocks entering the atmosphere and then causing a sudden temp. change on the EA*RTH. Learned something there thanks!
If possible the sonic or sound like weapons could vibrate the shredds into minute particals before entering EA*RTH atmospheric range on dangerous size, these weapons could be fitted on the x37b and bp for more support.. .

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Don't know about the scenario you are posing as I believe these were originally tested to find heat sources though I am sure it could be calibrated for other mission specific targets. Either way though...that is some really cool tech.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You wouldn't use a shuttle that's for sure, especially one the size of the x-37b...its about a quarter the size of NASA's shuttle.

edit on 23/4/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

I felt these would be faster and more accurate in weapon delivering of sonic-rail or extreme laser/plasma (melt it into a plasma material that could then lose its projected path and also would allow for the launch of many).
edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: added )

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If the universe is electrical in nature...

You could create some sort of electrical resistance that could interact with solar winds or plasmatic pockets it flies through and alter its course. Altering an objects charge would be easier than all this rocket explosive stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Don't know about the scenario you are posing as I believe these were originally tested to find heat sources though I am sure it could be calibrated for other mission specific targets. Either way though...that is some really cool tech.

I think the minds of EA*RTH can do it and retrofit existing projects. Now visualize a square or even cube structure made out of the BPs maybe takes 8 or so of them that can create a laser grid to capture/destroy smaller potential impacting materials as they pass through its laser grid you can even make this grid sit above land masses and protect against incomming atificials...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
If the universe is electrical in nature...

You could create some sort of electrical resistance that could interact with solar winds or plasmatic pockets it flies through and alter its course. Altering an objects charge would be easier than all this rocket explosive stuff.

I see... So your saying change the projected areas the celestial is traveling thru and to be traveling thru different in density related to GAS/ELECTRICAL/MAGNETIC adding or some other material that would cause the object to fall or rise/sway depending on what formate of density change is related. You can steer the object then!!! w/ a high charged laser playing as a magnet
Example let a group of ballons go into the air and change the air around them in front/besides/above and below the ballons generating a forced path the ballons have to remain within . You could change the air around the ballons to be warmer or hoter and even place an electrical charged device within their range that could cause the ballons to attract to like paper shredds and ballons that have been electrically charged from friction. Nice boundry maker tech, very deep thinking

edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So you take a x37b place a double or triple outlet LASER-Sonic OMNI transmitter of some kind on the nose that spins. To limit harm on onseens place 2 or 3 REFLECTORS on the x37b nose that shoot out somehow to the desired distance but stay connected to line of RAY. Then shoot ray at reflectors they will stay with moving ray and then rotate you then produce the double sword effect and anything that comes incontact with ray is then sliced into debris. Place a few of these spinning rays outthere and you built a defense shield against unwanted incomming debris..
edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would tend to speculate....that if the pebble delivery system was armed with an antimatter warhead, it might blow-up the asteroid or comet into dust.

I believe, that in the future---the most effective means for corraling a rogue asteroid intent on planetary impact---would be to invent and build a strong tractor beam generator for a mobile starship.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Erno86 because: added two words

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It will take a lot of force to break something out of an orbit. If it is just a rock traveling through space it is different but something in orbit seems to have a tie to the orbital plane.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why not land some of those gently on the body you are trying to keep from hitting the Earth and nudge it enough so that it misses. The more time you have to do this the more effective that technique will be.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Why not land some of those gently on the body you are trying to keep from hitting the Earth and nudge it enough so that it misses. The more time you have to do this the more effective that technique will be.

Yes. Thats the answer. If you want to survive asteroids the answer is not weaponry. Its in seeing the object early which requires a systematic observation system and in being able to get to it quickly to nudge it out of the way.

We don't have to stop it, or destroy it, we just have to nudge it enough so that it misses. The earlier you get to it the less you have to affect it to generate a miss.

You don't even necessarily have to touch it

en.wikipedia.org...

We need the spacecraft and the propulsion to enable rapid transit deep into the solar system. That means nuclear power and VASIMR (or similar),

www.adastrarocket.com...

We could have the ability to do all this now. It requires no breakthrough physics. We just don't have the will to spend the cash. People are deluded into thinking it can all just be made to happen overnight in an emergency. Unfortunately, it can't.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

I believe, that in the future---the most effective means for corraling a rogue asteroid intent on planetary impact---would be to invent and build a strong tractor beam generator for a mobile starship.

I like this idea as well
it will allow for non impacts of the smaller materials after the celestial object has been destroyed. I wonder how much energy would it take to build such a beam? Somewhat like the i.c.b.m planes made today with the laser noses to strike down nuclear warheads heading for any land masses just use the same concept but on mobil starships, good call.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It will take a lot of force to break something out of an orbit. If it is just a rock traveling through space it is different but something in orbit seems to have a tie to the orbital plane.

I had also considered that which is why I added the grid aspect of multi lasers lined up in a fashion that they can make a laser grid that would look like grid paper. That way as soon as the objects in the correct path it gets desintergrated as it comes in contact with the laser grid. Place some x37b craft behind the grid with sonic emmiters or laser tri fans to further demolish the material that made it passed or thru grid into dust. This would I think prevent those objects tied into some type of orbits from making contact....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

I can see your idea. The BPs would have a hooking or attachment type system that once in close vicinity they would release and then attach to the celestial object. Once attached the BPs would activate the many thruster engines causing movement of celestial object off path. Further I have seen the sail aspect before and maybe they can attach a sail to slow or offset the celestials path also.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Yes. Thats the answer. If you want to survive asteroids the answer is not weaponry. Its in seeing the object early which requires a systematic observation system and in being able to get to it quickly to nudge it out of the way.

We don't have to stop it, or destroy it, we just have to nudge it enough so that it misses. The earlier you get to it the less you have to affect it to generate a miss.

You don't even necessarily have to touch it

This is another way of thinking and I like it
. I agree yes the object does not have to be destroyed and that a early detection system which may include far distanced satilite or craft would help to alert EA*RTH of the incomming potential harm. These detection devices/bases may also be moon based far out there near NIX and HYDRA or even planet based like Neptune depending on how far black ops has gotten. You can also send out non returning transmitting probes to probe the far reaches past Nix&Hydra distances near the OORT cloud as far as in diameter distance around SOL system is concerned. These devices would send signals of celestials that may not be tracked by other devices and may even provide close ups pics within the data. Voyager1 and 2 would of been perfect for this if they carried a payload of these alerting devices and then launched them once far out...
But I agree with you justwokeup, this tech may also be available now to assist the tech you presented in your comment.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Erno86

I like this idea as well
it will allow for non impacts of the smaller materials after the celestial object has been destroyed. I wonder how much energy would it take to build such a beam? Somewhat like the i.c.b.m planes made today with the laser noses to strike down nuclear warheads heading for any land masses just use the same concept but on mobil starships, good call.

The magnetically based tractor beam, would probably be just a computer controlled field from the starship's own magnetic force shield. The starship.... would have to be in a non-plasma phase of operation, but as in the same kind of operation when in a offensive attack phase, of a magnetically contained fusion plasma magnetic funnel projection from the starship. A black hole dust infused bottom plate of a flying saucer, should be sufficient enough to create large computer controlled magnetic vortices.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 23-4-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 23-4-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

top topics

join