It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check shirt man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

This would have been 1996 or 1997

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

For me it was aprox 1972 . it seems to me to be more tied into the age of the child rather than the year it happened

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

For me it was aprox 1972 . it seems to me to be more tied into the age of the child rather than the year it happened

Yes maybe... Maybe we all have something else in common so there was a reason we saw him?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Is it gender related? i am a guy

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

I'm a woman, so it's not that, lol!

I'm going to ask around with my friends and family and see if anyone else I know has seen him. When I had my experience the thought never crossed my mind that someone else would have had the same thing happen so yea...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Wow, thanks for posting this. I haven't had any encounters with any lumberjacks but I have defnitely had a few SP attacks lately that involve hearing the doorknob rattle very hard like someone is trying to open the door to my room. However, the weird part is that I dont leave the door locked. I dont even want to know who it may be

Woody, do you have any good links where we can find more information on these so called "Hatmen" ? Thanks !

Sounds a bit freaky

Here are a couple of ATS links about the 'hatman' ... first one includes my own experiences with this guy.

1/ Hatman - www.abovetopsecret.com...

2/ The Black Man - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

How old were you at the time?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwytch

Hi wood couldnt see his face as he had his back to me but he had mousey hair going bald on top.
My grandad bought a farmers field and we built two detatched bungalows there.I left the house at 18 to go to uni and my parents moved shortly aftrwards as the no longer needed such a big house. Another couple bought the house and lived there for about 20 years they sold the house to property developers who knocked down the house and built a small housing estate on the land (still gutting for me as i had many happy days there)

I know about the allotments as they are marked on a 19th century map of the village

dash
edit on 23-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

From the physical descriptions the variation would indicate that the 'lumberjack' is a type of entity rather than a single entity (e.g; your guy had mousy thinning hair whilst lilowls guy had black hair).

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When I first saw the thread title I was expecting something on the "check shirt man" in pictures inj the vacinity of the Texas School Book Depository around the time of the JFK assassination. Did anyone else see or read it that way?
edit on 23-4-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
When I first saw the thread title I was expecting something on the "check shirt man" in pictures inj the vacinity of the Texas School Book Depository around the time of the JFK assassination. Did anyone else see or read it that way?
edit on 23-4-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

I can't speak for the other people who have contributed to this thread but I didn't read it that way because it's in the 'Paranormal Forum'.

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I think the hat man and the black man are similar to check shirt man only in that they all seem to be real looking not ghostly

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
here is a report of him nottingham in the1960s

www.paranormaldatabase.com...

a report from margam castle wales

www.ghostinvestigationteam.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: added info

leeds yorkshire

www.paranormaldatabase.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think the hat man and the black man are similar to check shirt man only in that they all seem to be real looking not ghostly

I agree there certainly seems to be a similar air to them.

And I kind of understand what you mean about a mothman connection ... it 'feels' right in some way.

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here are some really interesting reports one "bedroom invaders" mirriors my experirnce almost exactly also it describes the mothman connection

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

7 or 8 as I remember

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i would have been about nine or ten in the same ball park?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
More wierdness, i have now come across reports from the 1970s of bigfoot sightings with him wearing? you guessed it a check shirt

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Your right that is weird. Checked shirts were sooo 1960's. It would even be weirder if Bigfoot was in a 3 piece suit.

This is a strange paranormal event though. It differs from shadow people in the respect that lumberjack man appears as a normal everyday person. The only time I ever hear of something like this is when someone sees a deceased family member

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by davcon

Deffo not a dead family member this guy looked like a tramp!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Right. What I meant, aside from my out of fashion Bigfoot joke, was that he doesn't appear in some form of ghastly way. Swirling eyes or glowing or otherwise evil looking. He seems to be a regular type person albeit trampish.

I did see a werewolf drinking a pina colada at trader vics.....and his hair was perfect. But thats another story

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join