It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check shirt man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Does anyone know of this ghost?
when i was about 10 years old i awoke at home to see a man stood beside my bed facing away from me wearing dark trousers and a check (plaid) shirt i thought i may have still been dreaming so i went under the duvet for a few moments he was still there! i screamed for my mum and he remained motionless beside me until my mum came in and switched on the light he immediatly dissapeared!

I thought little of this untill recently i have been doing some research and have found many web sites that refer to him from all over the world
Somebody said he is mentioned in the mothman book

edit on 23-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Does anyone know of this ghost?
when i was about 10 years old i awoke at home to see a man stood beside my bed facing away from me wearing dark trousers and a check (plaid) shirt i thought i may have still been dreaming so i went under the duvet for a few moments he was still there! i screamed for my mum and he remained motionless beside me until my mum came in and switched on the light he immediatly dissapeared!

I thought little of this untill recently i have been doing some research and have found many web sites that refer to him from all over the world
Somebody said he is mentioned in the mothman book

Hey there dashdespatch ... never heard of this one but it will be interesting to see how many have ... I'm going to watch this with interest and look forward to hearing the experiences others have had with the man in the plaid shirt ... he may turn out to be another 'hatman'

Did you only see him the one time ?

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Hey there!

I made a thread a couple of years ago about a figure I called the Lumberjack man. Here's the thread: thread

Here's my story copied from that thread:
While reading a very entertaining and thoroughly creepy thread yesterday (strange happenings in Louisiana read thread here)
I came across several accounts by different members describing similar events.
Since I myself have also experienced something similar, this intrigued me and I went searching for answers.

The experiences I'm referring to seem to be a form of sleep paralysis, which has been discussed numerous times on ATS. For those of you who aren't familiar with sleep paralysis, here is a great article explaining the science behind the phenomenon. The Guardian The really fascinating aspect of sleep paralysis involves the supposed paranormal or supernatural side to the event. Across different cultures, this has been described as "The Old Hag", devils/demons, alien abductions, etc.

Now to the purpose of this thread. I'm interested in trying to determine if background knowledge or experiences shapes our interpretation of the sleep paralysis event. I've sufferred with this since my childhood; when I was younger (around 7-13) I associated the event with demonic oppression. I believe this was because I was raised Christian and, like every child, took the Bible quite literally with regards to devils and demons. As I've grown older and my spiritual beliefs have changed, so has the manifestations of the concurrent 'hallucinations'. By far, the most intense and terrifying experience occurred during my college years, when I saw what I call the Lumberjack Man.

I was a junior in college, commuting from home and enjoying sleeping late. Both of my parents had already left for work, and I had been up a couple of times in the morning to get a drink of water, use the bathroom, etc. After one such expedition, I returned to my room and snuggled under my covers, content to lay and doze for another few minutes.

As I was slipping back into sleep, something suddenly changed. The atmosphere in the room seemed charged with energy. I was wide awake, quite lucid, yet completely paralyzed. It felt as if I were suffocating, or as if tight bands were wrapped around my chest. The blood pounded in my head, and a feeling of overwhelming fear engulfed me.

Normally I can bring myself out of the paralysis by the conscious moving of a limb, but it wasn't working this morning. I did manage to turn my head, at which point I noticed the man standing in my bedroom doorway.

He wasn't extremely tall, but very stocky with a barrel chest and large arms. I don't remember his pants, but he wore a red flannel plaid shirt, the kind with the checkered black print. On his head he had a knit cap, what we in the south call a toboggan. He looked exactly like the quissential pictures of a lumberjack, hence my reference to him as the Lumberjack Man.

His position in the doorway cast him into shadow, but there was plenty of light for me to make eye contact with him. He stood with his head lowered and thrust out, with his eyes glaring up at me from underneath his brow. It was an extremely malevolent look, and to say I was terrified would be quite an understatement.

What is odd is my next behavior. I tried to dismiss what was happening as just another sleep paralysis episode, although I had never had a visual hallucination before (just the other symptoms). I consciously closed my eyes and attempted to will myself back to sleep.

For the next several minutes (or seconds, determing time during one of these episodes is impossible because it feels like forever), I battled with myself. I told myself I had to get up, had to move, because there was a stranger in the house and I couldn't just lay there and wait to be slaughtered, or what have you. Yet I could not break the hold of the paralysis. And the man continued to stand in my doorway, watching me intently.

Towards the end I managed to move my arms and the terror eased. Normally when leaving a paralysis state, I "snap" right out of it, but not this time. Although I could now move, I still felt the suffocating fear. I tried to assure myself it was over, and to prove it I glanced back at the doorway.

The Lumberjack Man now stood closer to my bed, and he was grinning. I'll never forget that grin. Evil incarnate.

We locked eyes as I sat up. Then he just stepped backwards, still staring, and moved further into the shadows of the hallway and eventually out of sight.

I was convinced there was a stranger in my house. I got out of bed, called my father, grabbed the shotgun, and while sobbing into the phone with Dad went searching through the house (the gun wasn't even loaded, lol, but just carrying it made me feel like a bada&&). I found nothing.

I'm not 100% sure how to classify this event. It certainly had all the aspects of my typical sleep paralysis, bar the man in the room, the movement not breaking the paralysis, and the strange fading effect. However, if the man was merely a hallucination, why did I hallucinate a lumberjack? To the best of my recollection, I hadn't been thinking about lumberjacks, watching shows or movies with them, etc. Was it just some random firing of neurons, or something else?
edit on 23-4-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well... When I was around 7 or 8 I had an experience similar to that. I woke up one night to see a man with shaggy black hair, a red plaid (lumberjack type) shirt and his face was not normal, it was distorted with his mouth open and all kinds of crazy looking teeth. He just stood there looking at me. I screamed for my grandmother, and when she came into my room, I could still see him standing behind her, but when she looked he was gone. I never saw him again after that. I never really even thought that anyone else could have ever seen him also. Wow!
edit on 23-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow! That's a new one for me. I haven't come across a "Lumberjack Man" in any of my research.

Can you describe any of his facial features? Was he in full cohesion, or did he appear as translucent?

I'll also be watching this thread with intent.

-TS

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi wood yeah just saw him the once i have seen ghosts since but none were a real as this fellow.he looked like a real person. He was dressed like an old farm worker in scruffy clothes check shirt and boots i even remember his trousers being held up by a bit of string!
Before te appearance i would here footsteps outside on a regular basis.
A bit of background my house was built for my parents in the 1960s on land that used to be allotments, the house has since been demolished.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wow, Our guy kind of looked similar to each others! I am now officially creeped out!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

My god thats three sightings in half an hour from all over the world i think i might be onto somthing

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Hi wood yeah just saw him the once i have seen ghosts since but none were a real as this fellow.he looked like a real person. He was dressed like an old farm worker in scruffy clothes check shirt and boots i even remember his trousers being held up by a bit of string!
Before te appearance i would here footsteps outside on a regular basis.
A bit of background my house was built for my parents in the 1960s on land that used to be allotments, the house has since been demolished.

Great description ... as truthseeker1984 asked can you describe his face / build / height etc ... as much detail as possible from you and all the other people who have seen him just for comparison to see if it is the same entity or if it's a group of entities.

Also it's interesting to hear that the house was built on allotments ... but very unusual that a house only built in the 60's has already been demolished.

How old were you when you and your parents left the house ?

Do you know how many other people lived in the house after you and your parents ?

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Woody,

Are you thinking that perhaps the hat men are changing up their forms a bit?

I haven't seen any threads in months on any paranormal forums about shadowmen or hat men sightings. I think I'm going to dig a bit deeper into this. Sounds very interesting.

-TS

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hi wood couldnt see his face as he had his back to me but he had mousey hair going bald on top.
My grandad bought a farmers field and we built two detatched bungalows there.I left the house at 18 to go to uni and my parents moved shortly aftrwards as the no longer needed such a big house. Another couple bought the house and lived there for about 20 years they sold the house to property developers who knocked down the house and built a small housing estate on the land (still gutting for me as i had many happy days there)

I know about the allotments as they are marked on a 19th century map of the village

dash

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Woody,

Are you thinking that perhaps the hat men are changing up their forms a bit?

I haven't seen any threads in months on any paranormal forums about shadowmen or hat men sightings. I think I'm going to dig a bit deeper into this. Sounds very interesting.

-TS

Hey there TS y'know I hadn't even thought of that but I do think this is extremely interesting and I can't believe that neither you nor I who are both active investigators have never heard of this entity before ... I find that very exciting ... it's always a thrill to hear something new.

So far this guy seems to favour appearing to children rather than adults whilst 'hatman' generally appears to adults. I just want to learn as much about this guy as I can.

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for posting this. I haven't had any encounters with any lumberjacks but I have defnitely had a few SP attacks lately that involve hearing the doorknob rattle very hard like someone is trying to open the door to my room. However, the weird part is that I dont leave the door locked. I dont even want to know who it may be

Woody, do you have any good links where we can find more information on these so called "Hatmen" ? Thanks !

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
At around this time there were several sightings of a ghost in the same village

see legless monk in link below prob just coincidence

www.paranormaldatabase.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Wow, thanks for posting this. I haven't had any encounters with any lumberjacks but I have defnitely had a few SP attacks lately that involve hearing the doorknob rattle very hard like someone is trying to open the door to my room. However, the weird part is that I dont leave the door locked. I dont even want to know who it may be

Woody, do you have any good links where we can find more information on these so called "Hatmen" ? Thanks !

Hey blackmetalmist,

Here are a few links to help you out

the-psychic-detective.com...
www.shadowpeople.org...

Both are fairly good, but the second link is the "official" database of sightings over the years. Shadow people are one of my investigative specialties, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

ETA: Hat Men and shadow people seem to be synonymous with each other. When I get more time, I'll link to a thread where I gave the OP a pretty decent overall synopsis of these things.

-TS
edit on 23-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Wow! That's a new one for me. I haven't come across a "Lumberjack Man" in any of my research.

Can you describe any of his facial features? Was he in full cohesion, or did he appear as translucent?

I'll also be watching this thread with intent.

-TS

He looked like a real person. Nothing "ghostly" about him at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

Wow, Our guy kind of looked similar to each others! I am now officially creeped out!

Read through the thread I quoted. There were a couple of other people who remembered seeing a similarly dressed figure. Or do a google search. Its actually a fairly common sighting.

Still gives me the heebie jeebies.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

Hey blackmetalmist,

Here are a few links to help you out

the-psychic-detective.com...
www.shadowpeople.org...

Both are fairly good, but the second link is the "official" database of sightings over the years. Shadow people are one of my investigative specialties, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

ETA: Hat Men and shadow people seem to be synonymous with each other. When I get more time, I'll link to a thread where I gave the OP a pretty decent overall synopsis of these things.

-TS
edit on 23-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much for those links. I'll be contacting you in regards to something. I dont want to post my story here cause I dont want to interfere with original OP posting.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Same here my guy looked horribly real to me, scared me to death as a kid! i can still see him in my mind 30 odd years later

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, we have all given ages here but what year was it for everyone roughly? I was just thinking about the moth man sightings and the Hat man seem to have upswings in certain years so maybe the Check Shirt Man does too.
For me the year was roughly 1992-93
edit on 23-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join