It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are THEY blocking the sun in Washington state?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I gotta say they are doing the same thing here and I'm also in the Republic of Cascadia. By "they", I just mean normal airliners and by "it", I just mean creating tons of cirrus-esqeu clouds on days that it would otherwise be a scorcher. This started heavily last summer and I've lived here for years so I know it's not something that we've always endured. I'm not convinced it is intentional but, if I were to think so, I would mark it as a benevolent action (even if it could have dire results).

Being an Autumn/Winter person, I'm not complaining as it did make last summer tolerable.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To me it looks like it has something to do with the Sun. I've seen the nastiest cloud seeding in time of few solar storms. Of course it could be a coincidence.
Check my fresh signature
edit on 23/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler
[more

The only reason I created this post was because how awkward the sky has looked recently and the filtered light coming from the sun. I have lived in western Washington all my life and have noticed this effect before but did not pay much attention to it. Recently it has been hard to ignore, It is odd being able to look directly at the sun on so many mornings. When I see others post similar pics on other websites and claim "chemtrail!" well lets just say ATS came to mind. I work graveyard shift so I drive home early in the morning and see these trails laid out, and then the effect on the sun light. I am not claiming it is on purpose, like you and others have mentioned there is a lot of airplane activity in Washington state, and what people are saying on here relating to the atmospheric conditions having this effect on normal contrails makes sense. I do not live near an airport and do not get heavy air traffic over my house, in fact I rarely hear an airplane. It is the silvery haze that is odd, and with the trails, whatever they are composed of, laid out and dispersing like they do, all seems "not natural" to me. Of course it is notoriously cloudy in Washington, so it is hard to say that our weather is being altered by trails. However I have watched these patterns and the trails disperse and become the clouds, so it is hard to say that one does not effect the other. The trails have a characteristic look. They have a pattern, grid-like, and disperse slowly and sometimes have a "fibrous" effect.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Afterthought

I live in one of the hottest and driest countries in the world, yet no sign of solar radiation management...

Why not?

They may not care about your country.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Note in the article that the military claims it only sprays sparingly and in small areas, yet the video I posted shows wide areas affected. They ADMIT they spray this crap, and yet people still come out and say it's nothing but ice crystals in the sky.

Wake up and smell the chaff, folks. They know it's probably a health danger but THEY DON'T CARE.

Normal? I don't think so.

So they "PRACTICE" protecting their planes over populated American Cities and countrysides! weird, pollute your own homeland with non biodegradable garbage when you are in no danger! So we have to wonder what else are they doing! Clearly they don't care about us or our health!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

I think it is important to be respectful when it comes to these types of inflammatory types of subjects. What they put in the chaff is up for debate (it could be different things, or simply the aluminum coated fiberglass fibers), but the fact that chaff is used over our skies all over the world is not debatable, it is provable.

The Government Accounting Office (GAO) has documents which prove how much of that stuff is purchased by the military and what it costs per year.

There may be something to blocking the sun with these fibers, and not just to confuse radar, because if you look up aluminum coated fiberglass, you come up with all sorts of products which are used to reflect intense heat away, so it is possible that it is used to reflect the sun back.

I have noticed that the sun has been unusually strong this year on a clear day. I got a sunburn in January within 20 minutes, and even for Texas, that's just not normal.

It may be a double-edged sword, in which it helps reflect radiation away on one hand, and makes us really sick on the other. You're an optimist, I'm a pessimist, but let's be realistic:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Did you notice the silver dot in the upper right hand corner of your first pic? Looks similar to what westcoast caught a few weeks ago, airplane?:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm in the Seattle area -

Just so you don't think that you are crazy, I've also noticed the heavily increased trails in the past few days. It registered as unusual, but I didn't consider them further than that until I saw this thread. Occasional ATS visiting or not, my mind doesn't automatically jump to anything conspiratorial!

I should read more on the atmospheric conditions that cause legitimate and harmless contrails - and what doesn't.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Octavia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ~Lucidity

and the fact that it's only from YOUR perspective that this APPEARS to be happening and that someone standing on the other side of town wouldn't have that same perspecitve

Why have you rolled your eyes to this? I honestly thought you were smarter than this.

Here's a little experiment for you...

Stand under a roof in the shade, it's blocking the sun, now step out of the shade into the sun... Do you think the guy across town experienced the same thing as you just then? Of course not, so why do you believe what you said above?

Are you actually trying to ask, why would they want to put clouded weather simply over your local area when it would not effect anyone BUT your local area?

Well that's a question I would love an answer to. WHY did they travel to a small town in an out of the way area and make a perfect grid miles across on a clear sunny day in the bright blue sky? This is what we saw in Brookings Oregon a very odd sight that day.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why do you have a few normal jet contrails with cloud cover? I dunno.. because most people in the nation have that?

I don't quite understand what you think you are showing us. There are some normal jet contrails, and normal clouds. They are hardly "blocking out" the sun. Looks pretty darn bright to me.. and keep in mind most of the suns goodness comes right through those clouds.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
ive been reading this site for two years but only signed up last week,, its 'dramatic' threads like this make me wish i never found this ats,,, where are the "mods" to delete rubbish like this? quick enough on our backs if we don't write a poxy second line of nonsense

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's an interesting report from 1959:
www.stormingmedia.us...

THE USE OF ARTIFICIAL CONTRAILS TO INCREASE THE VISIBILITY OF AIRCRAFT.
Authors: James W. Miller; KRESGE EYE INST DETROIT MICH
Abstract:
Air-to-air visibility is discussed with regard to the possibility of using artificial contrails. It is emphasized that although the avoidance of mid-air collisions might be the single most important feature, the use of such contrails may be beneficial in numerous other situations. Experimental evidence obtained in the air, with the assistance of the U. S. Navy Blue Angels, demonstrated that the range of visibility, except for direct head-on courses, is increased from 6-8 miles to 20-24 miles by the use of rather thin white smoke. It is suggested that a smoke of greater density or a different color would increase this range even further. (Author)

Seeing as I can't purchase the full report, we'll just have to wonder what they meant by "the use of such contrails may be beneficial in numerous other situations".

So, I wonder how we can tell the difference between real contrails and artificial ones?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I concurr. Vancouver island even on earth day was covered with persistant contrails and yes I do know that conditions do exist to allow such formations, but, what I have seen over the past many years and do have many many pic's of, just doesn't make sense, it's wrong! yesterday there was a jet going under the PC's with no contrail at all! We also have no wind here, which is also unusual and the white sky extends in all directions, smeared above the real clouds. I first noted this phenomena in 1999, so not a newbie, they are up to something. Also of note I went to the beach yesterday and got a sunburn in less than 2 hours as I watched the planes go back and forth on a sunday no less. I do also know that Fairchild AF base is down line from me where the tankers are staged from, but the last few days have been pretty obscene, not looking forward to a summer of white outed skys at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

You know, I did notice that! But I kind of disreguarded it as a bird or fly or something. Because I was looking through my view finder, I didn't actually see it with my own two eyes when I looked to the sky before I took the pic so It must have been moving fast.

Its truly is a UFO. But I think it is a fly or a bird.

I would be interested in seeing Westcoast's picture though....I havent seen it yet. Do you know where I can find it?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
S&F

I live in great falls mt and last year I caught them spraying like a MF'ER .....I never cuss...but...they were....lol

Anyways... I filmed the whole thing and posted it on ATS...

I got a lot of...

Chemtrails....... You crazy....lol
Anyways... They were going balls to the wall what I filmed. There was as much as 3 planes in the same sky at the same time making X-patterns and grids.

I often wondered if they were putting X's up for satellites? X marks the spot????

If u want to see how bad it was you can find my chemtrails thread under me profile.... Errr right?

Anyways.... Ty for sharing. I wish we could organize a map of these events to possibly collect data and connect dots
I saw the YT Vid. Very nice! S&F for your awesome work...!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So if you Google geoengineering you will find a lot of answers.

Interesting website
"Companies like Hughes Aircraft, a major defense contractor, have patented methods of using metal oxides in contrails "for reduction of global warming." (View the patent) Federal laws passed over the last few years allow these experiments. (See below links to related legislation.)"

artificialclouds.com...

Maybe if they know where areas of increased solar radiation are hitting they chem/enhanced con trail that area. Just a thought since i am mystified as how they pick an area and when. we don't see this everyday here.

"Since stratospheric clouds only block the Sun temporarily while we continue to burn materials to create more and more energy, using artificial clouds to block solar radiation is at best a temporary solution that worsens the overall problem.
artificialclouds.com...

The interim solution of solar radiation management only covers up symptoms while having no affect on the disease itself...

edit on 23-4-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't know but I just took this clip of my sunset 45 minutes ago and I cannot ever remember seeing so much orange/red mist all over:

And apparently I am not alone as there seem to be many vids being posted as of late with many others noticing the same thing. Def some strange stuff going on with the Sun this year.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Does that mean you are a debunker just for the hell of it, or a troll or a shill. I responded truthfully to your questions in another post earlier, and you disappeared, now you are back waffling to others, without a required response back to me.

I take it humor isn't something you are used to?

And because I left for just a few means I actually had something else to take care of and it didn't involve me being on ATS if that bothers you oh well.

So if I am a debunker and find it fun that makes me a shill or troll in your book.Understand this I do take this as seriously as the next but it is fun to watch those who insist they are being sprayed with chemicals from the sky yet have not been able to prove one bit of verifiable evidence to prove their case.

And as far as a required response to a question, please show me anywhere on this site that says I am required to respond to each and every question that is asked to me,because you know what there isn't. So which post was I required to respond to this one

There I think you have the balance about right. There is a problem with contrails, my assertion is that contrails are chemtrails in their own right. When you have secret formula in fuels, (additives) for a variety of reasons, it is impossible to determine what chemical processes are going on both inside an engine, at the exhaust, and when mixing with the air, plus the degredation of engines and engine parts, all of which contain heavy metals, and any possible chemical changes that might occur there. Some of those additives are crucial to safe flying, so it is not safe to assume for instance, that a road vehicle is quite the same.

In which I did respond to or this one...

I beg to differ, engine lubricants, and static dissipators, ( Stadis 450/Mr Sheen?) are proprietary products, they don't test for ingredient content, but for any adverse effects on the fuel itself. On the ground running engine testing is for particulates in the main, which is not the same as altitude engine running. Lubricators. "Lubricity additives are used to compensate for the poor lubricity of severely hydrotreated jet fuel. They contain a polar group that adheres to metal surfaces, forming a thin surface film of the additive. The film acts as a boundary lubricant when two metal surfaces come in contact (see page 6). These compounds are usually carboxylic acids, whose compositions are proprietary." Dissipators. "Electrical-Conductivity Additive Since the naturally poor electrical conductivity of jet fuel (see page 10) presents a potential safety hazard in certain circumstances, additives have been developed that improve the fuel’s conductivity. Conductivity additives are often referred to as static dissipator additives (SDA).When the additive is used, the conductivity of the fuel must be between 50 and 450 CU at the point of delivery into the aircraft. The only additive currently approved for use in jet fuel is Stadis®450, whose composition is proprietary" Some researchers do attempt to find out contents, google this, Dinonylnaphthylsulfonic acid - Wikipedia, (the wiki links are a bit of a pig) I hope this helps.

Which doesn't look like it needed a response. So which is it that has your panties in a bunch?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Westcoasts link is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I recommend all interested in the "fringe" topic of ufos in relation to chemtrails and weather modification to check out this book by A.K. Johnstone, Ph.D "UFO Defense Tactics" www.op...enisbn.com/isbn/0888395019/#download
The book was written by a woman in Western Washington, with pics that look eerily similar to my pics..
edit on 23-4-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join