It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the pursuit of happiness comes from external things, what happens when you run out of things to p

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

What if you find happiness in helping others pursue it? Then youll have a never ending supply of potential happines.

Why complain about society if where we are was inevitable? Is that like being angry with a flower because it doesnt bloom as fast as you want it to?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Reading this post reminds me of a post I read last night .... The biggest conspiracy ever.... Something like that...
Anyways....it makes me feel like this rant is what the other poster was talking about....how we fall slaves to marketing....what " they" call normal.....they make us hunger for what they call normal....

I do know... I've never been normal.....lol

Seriously.....

You shouldn't b normal either..........

I didn't mean to imply this is a rant....replace w/ ..............
edit on 23-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Happiness is your natural state of being. There is no need to pursue it, it is already. It is just that people don't notice their own being. It's the last place they would think to look.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You know that not everyone is fortunate enough to born will an normaly functioning body right? Those quitte still moments that many find boredom in are filled with nothing but pain for a few.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
***If the pursuit of happiness comes from external things, what happens when you run out of things to pursue?***

Then we learn to be content with what we have and we actually finally find what we were only pursuing before- happiness

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You know that not everyone is fortunate enough to born will an normaly functioning body right? Those quitte still moments that many find boredom in are filled with nothing but pain for a few.

Those still moments are labelled boredom by the mind and the desire is to remove oneself from that boredom/pain. Aways resisting what is. The resistance is the pain. Where are you going to go to get away from now? Where can you go to escape yourself?
The mind is so delusional.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
you invent

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

***If the pursuit of happiness comes from external things, what happens when you run out of things to pursue?***

One can speculate, but what's the point? The only way we'd run out of things to pursue is if the earth suddenly vanished or was destroyed. The simple answer to this question is: we'd die if we weren't dead already.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/fa4f650cc3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No toys.
No pursuits.
No happiness.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Okandetre

I would say the opposite, you win.
No 'thing' will ever make you happy. Each 'thing' you desire makes you unhappy until the desire is achieved, then there is a short feeling of relief as there is no desire for a brief time. Then it is desire again (unfullfilment/lack) until the desire is achieved and on we go.

When it is realized that desire is the pain of lack, we realize that 'things' don't complete us the way we believed or hoped they would.
Wanting is caused by the feeling of lack.
When you realize that you are whole and complete without any 'thing', you will be free.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

This is true, but I was referring in whole to the running out of things to want. Not everyone comes to the realisation after that these things don't matter. Some people just burn out.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If the pursuit of happiness comes from external things, what happens when you run out of things to pursue?

You be thankful for the things that you have.... there you go, and eternal source of happiness....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join