It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung calling us sheeple in new ad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In this new ad for the Samsung Galaxy III there is something quite peculiar, first off the ad is set in no other then THE COSMOS, and then to add to it in the videos it is talking about setting yourself to be different then others but while its saying that its playing a videos of sheep herded in the background. These subliminal messages are getting less and less subliminal. The part in question happens around 0:45!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I got a good laugh. I'm a Samsung owner.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I did to, i just thinks it weird to have something that blatant

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

They use the terminology "you can now stand out from everyone else" i think they wanna say if you
buy our products you're non of these sheeples anymore.
I think to use this in an ad, isn't that beneficial for SAMSUNG, because this also shows their
attitude against people IMHO.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Firstly it's called the Galaxy which is why they use the "cosmos" thingy as you put it.... (actually the galaxy)

Secondly, sheep in this way are often used to represent the masses and groups of people, this is not exclusively a "conspiracy" term.... sheep or sheeple.

There is no conspiracy here.... just a bit of light hearted fun.

And probably a dig at iphone users if I were to hazard a guess.
edit on 23/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Obviously this ad is to clever for you!! one of their recent ads had a dig at apple users waiting in line for the latest style over substance upgrade from apple.

Most people I know want or have an iphone that's the SHEEP they are referring to!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

agreed looks like a dig at apple given their history.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It really is a hard one. On first gaze i would just have seen the funny side but regarding thousands of youtube videos on illuminati/ masonic symbolism how far do we go with this. Are certain people among us becoming vigilant or paranoid? I kind of sit on the fence on this one.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
As others have posted, it's a dig at iPhone users.

Here's another one of their commercials, for context.

OiO

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

For the life of me I cannot remember the other ad, only recent.

I think it might also have been samsung, but it's basically 3 sheep sitting at a cafe table playing with what looks like an iphone, then suddenly from around the corner a goat walks past with a (samsung?).

So yes, the ''sheeple'' thing, is intended.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Got to love brand identification.

"Don't give that company your money, you'll just be another sheep. Give our company your money instead and be an individual."

Stupid consumers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

They are basically saying "Stop following the crow and set yourself apart from the masses" by buying their phone. There's nothing really conspiratorial about it, but it's an interesting way to advertise a product. I'm surprised they were game enough to try it. Most companies would be like "be hip and cool and buy our phone, if you don't buy our phone you will be the loser who doesn't have it, you'll be the odd one out and a social retard". I think Samsung's approach is much less insulting to my intelligence.
edit on 23-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Got to love brand identification.

"Don't give that company your money, you'll just be another sheep. Give our company your money instead and be an individual."

Stupid consumers.

lol, I guess that's another way to look at it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

A dig at i-phone users it may be, but at least i-phone users get to retain a certain amount of anonimity as opposed to google users, just my 2 pence worth

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Come on now guys.. You would think you all would know by now.

It doesn't matter which brand you buy. Your money goes to the same wall street people eventually.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Samsung calling us sheeple in new ad?

But don't most if not all major corporations think their consumers are sheep , just they get to fleece us more than once a year .

As for the advert I'd say yeah its a deserved pop at the sheeple i phone owners , I know some of them

edit on 23-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

interesting find S&F hmm, makes me thing

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I found it amusing/ kind of cool since I love cosmology, the sheep part did creep me out a bit but yeah, definitely a dig at Iphone users. But I have a Galaxy too, the last model
and I have to say Android phones have always creeped me out a bit. The GPS coming automatically on, the voice recognition understanding me the TWO times I've used it (somewhat drunk with people talking in the background), and obviously the sync with Google & the Facebook app I can't delete. Smartphones just aren't all that amazing to me, but for now they seem almost necessary... sadly that's how they get us under their spell.

I read somewhere there are 8 billion in existence (not use, but ones people bought) not sure if that's true, but if it is...

I have a question though, does anyone know what the two stones at the end mean? Or whatever they are, blue and white blobs? If it was red I would've thought they were trying to bring the Philosophers Stone into it hahah but probably just a symbol of apple? My brother said nebula but they don't usually look like that

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sort of like the Fox Christmas card.

Strange thing is News Corp has a deal with Samsung.

techcrunch.com...

The Daily To Come Pre-Installed On Verizon Android Devices Starting With Samsung Galaxy

edit on 23-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Looks to me like it is saying that... if you don't use Samsung, you are a sheeple.

Pretty cool ad...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join