It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New age common beliefs and myths: let´s talk about them (maybe demystify some of them)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I see what is happening and don't imagine things that aren't. I see clearly. I am not clouded by imaginings.
Imaginings come are seen and are seen as imaginings.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Why, then, do you always edit your posts?

What's the point in proofreading?

If you see clearly, then the first thing you type is the thing that is clear. By editing it, you've made it cloudy.

All right, you say you are not clouded by imaginings.

Give me some examples. Do you aspire to have a particular occupation? Do you aspire to live in a different place? Do you aspire to have a family?

Ten years ago, did you have aspirations?

Did you attain those aspirations?

Or, are you now in the exact same place you were then?

Time moves forward, but you will stand still if you do not ride the wave.

What has editing my post got to do with 'seeing' clearly?
I write as clear as possible to bring even more clarity. Words and language are not very good at clarity. Clear seeing is wordless.

I always wanted to be happy and i am now. I wanted the pain of life to go and it did. I am content now with what ever appears. Everything is provided.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Imaginings are what is 'not happening'. Imaginings are 'thinking' you know what someone else is thinking, like you said here:
'You do not see that aspects of the movie which happen to be the thoughts of the person walking toward you who is thinking that they will pull out a gun and rob you at gunpoint at the exact moment you pass.' Quote.
Imaginings are like little dream bubbles, past thoughts, future thoughts, beliefs about other people, beliefs about me. I know what is real and what is imaginary.

I am aware of what is presently happening. Thoughts are seen and known as well as what else is presently appearing. I see all that is appearing presently. I am not caught up in mind made delusion. I am awareness.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We are all one

Yeah, we're all one. Everything is everything. There is much wisdom to be learned by investigating unity. Our innermost self is consciousness, which is unity. Our outermost self is an expression of consciousness which is unity.

service to self vs. service to others (law of one)

If all is one, then serving self and serving others are the same thing.

Existence of higher self (good self) and lower self (bad self);

My higher self would be my future self, and my lower self would be my past self, as all is one big progression. But putting the labels, "good and bad" on them is erroneous as good and bad are always subjective and there is no absolute definition for what is good and what is bad.

Ego as the bad guy

As I said, good and bad are relative and have no real meaning. The ego is not "bad". The ego is our survival mechanism. Sometimes, it keeps us from seeing truth, but this isn't bad either. Its okay to be oblivious to truth. You have to not know before you can know. It's all part of progressing.

Denying of the self as the way to happiness

Denial is always fear. All is one, so to deny the self is to deny others. Nothing that exists should be denied, but accepted instead. Acceptance is the key to truth which is unity.

Ascesion

Ascension, to me, means gaining a higher awareness of truth. Truth is non-dual, impartial, pure existence. To gain a higher awareness of that is to become more alive. To me, ascension is not something that is coming, but a deeper discovery of that which already is.

wanting causes suffering

In wanting something else, you are expressing your dissatisfaction with what you already have. I can assure you, what you already have is enough. So instead of desiring, accept instead. Acceptance is key. Desire doesn't cause suffering, desire is the suffering. Desiring food is the acknowledgement and the feeling of being hungry. So this doesn't mean suffering is bad, as I said, there is no bad. Everything that exists serves some appropriate purpose. Hell, were it not for desire, we wouldn't make babies.

New Age

My interpretations of these ideas that you have asked us to interpret should not be put under a label such as "New Age". These ideas aren't really new at all. Ideas, such as unity and acceptance, play a fundamental role in the nature of our existence and have been around for as long as we have existed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Can you see what is seeing this screen before you?
Can you see the seer of your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Why would God put a soul(unless he made sure that this soul wanted it) who has never raped anyone in a situation to be raped repeatedly? If a person is being repeatedly raped, then most likely, the soul that possessed that person has done a great evil before.

Because life is unfair. There is no karma.

Think about it this way. Someone somewhere had to have committed the "first" rape. Did the first victim deserve it? She couldnt have, she could have never raped anyone in a past life. Im sure you will turn it around and say she did something as bad to make her deserve it. In which case who deserved the "first" wrong or evil committed?

I suggest that it is evil and reprehensible to point at a rape victim and say they deserve it due to past wrongs. Some poor girl is suffering and you justify it by saying they had it comming? Sickening.

I also suggest that your idea of cosmic karma is just a new age way for people to try and make sense of this life. To try and show that in some great way, everything works out, and those who do wrong get whats coming to them. Well newsflash. Life isnt fair. Sometimes evil people live great lives and are never held to account for their actions. Other times, the most innocent, helpless souls are beaten, tortured and made to suffer from cradle to grave and nothing comes of it.

Life isnt fair or does it make sense. You can sit here and pontificate all you want about how it all makes sense in the end and we all reap what we sow, but you dont know that do you?

And another point your refusing to see. How if when we die we forget all of our past lives, except perhaps for some random deva vu, are we supposed to learn from evils that happen to us? A young girl or boy who is abused and raped froma young age may grow up to be bitter and abusive to their own children. Much more likely they will than if they grew up in a loving, caring household. So what does this abuse teach them? Nothing. They know nothing of their past lives, and when they die in this current life, they will no nothing of this life. How does this punishment make us better? I reject your premise entirely.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Everything you could possibly imagine happens here, everything you could possibly imagine is seen here. This life is full of diversity but the human mind doesn't like it. The human mind doesn't like much, it is always against what ever is happening.
No wonder people are so unhappy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I can't always see the seer in others, but when I do, I know I am looking at someones true self. I know that true self to be the same as mine. Essentially, it is like looking at someone's soul. I've done this with my girlfriend and I've done this with animals. When people look into people's eyes they are at all times looking into what is looking into, but most of the time, we aren't aware of this perception. Most of the time, our brains are clouded with falsehoods, so we can't see someone's inner light of truth, but it is always there. There is only one thing here and that thing is the seer and everything seen is that.

You're asking if I can see the seer in inanimate objects? Yes I can- sometimes.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Read it again, i am not talking about others. I am asking you can you see what is seeing the screen before you? Are you seeing the screen? So try and look to see if you can see what is seeing.

It is a shame that you can't watch the video i posted, Mooji shows you on it what i am getting at.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Read it again, i am not talking about others. I am asking you can you see what is seeing the screen before you? Are you seeing the screen? So try and look to see if you can see what is seeing.

I get what you're saying. No, I can't see my face without a mirror. But I do see my mind without a mirror. Everything observed constitutes the mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You can see your mind. Who are 'you' that sees the mind? The seer or the seen?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You can see your mind. Who are 'you' that sees the mind? The seer or the seen?

The mind is the seer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You said you can see the mind and everything observed constitutes the mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You said you can see the mind.

All is one consciousness.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

We are awareness, so what? What is your point?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are the seer of the mind, you are the seer of the screen before you, you are the seer of a body, you are the 'seer' and everything else is 'seen'.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Can you see the seer?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You are the seer of the mind, you are the seer of the screen before you, you are the seer of a body, you are the 'seer' and everything else is 'seen'.

And the seen is also the seer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The mind is not a physical concept, so just as one can see love by experiencing it, so can one see thought processes by experiencing them.

The question is, how much do we see? We always filter what we experience, whether it be through liking or not liking, through preconception or through perspective.

And again, how much do we actually comprehend? Do we fully grasp our thoughts, do we fully grasp the nature and the nuances and complexities and quirks of our mind...or are we constantly learning up until the moment we die?

I don't think anyone truly knows themselves. In fact, if you were to ask a man what he would do if he had to choose between saving a bus full of children or saving his mother, he would say he is unable to decide. Why? Because such thoughts are abhorrent to us...and also because we are terrified of what acts we are capable of committing.

Take Saw for instance.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They are one. The seen cannot appear without the seer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They are one. The seen cannot appear without the seer.

I know. That's what I'm saying.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join