New age common beliefs and myths: let´s talk about them (maybe demystify some of them)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
None of you have anything i want.

Really

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by ottobot

If the soul of the girl that gets raped repeatedly is a soul that raped a lot of people before, then it's only it's justice.

So, then what's the reason if the soul never raped anyone in any previous life? I mean, how do we know this is real? Or, is that just a way to justify these types of situations as karmically acceptable?

That said, getting raped repeatedly is extreme and will probably apply to only extremely evil people, not necessarily in this universe and dimensions, but also in others.

Repeat rapes happen quite frequently, among many groups of people. I'm not sure of your life experiences, but if you think this is a rare occurrence, you are mistaken.

For most people, karma is probably just for lying, cheating and stealing and does not get caught.

So, stealing a chap-stick when I was three years old will carry over to the next life? What, do I get brutally murdered in that next life? I guess, with interest in the time between age 3 of this life and age 77 of the next life, that's a fair karmic balance.

If you suicide to escape the suffering that you're supposed to get, then yes, you will get it again. What if 1000 years ago, you killed an innocent person in a war, you should get no punishment for that?

Or, what if 1000 years ago, I killed an innocent person in war but only because I was a slave who was coerced into battle so that my first-born child wouldn't be murdered by my master.

Should I then, in this life, still be punished?

Who can ever know these things?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
'What if 'is imagination.
If you live in a 'what if world' you will be scared of your own shadow.
Open your eyes and see what is real.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I think this is one of those concepts that each of us must reconcile with on our own. No matter how we try to rationalize it, suffering just plain out sucks.

What is the fundamental reason for suffering? Is it a test from God? Is it karma from previous lives? Is it our own fault? Is it for the sake of learning? Is it to fulfill infinity? I can not say for certain. I really don't know.

But what I do know is that for every unpleasant or evil thing, there is also a pleasant or good thing. A store was robbed today, while on the other side of town a person saved someone from a burning car. There are creepy and poisonous insects, while there are beautiful butterflies.

Also, not all suffering lasts forever and not all peace lasts forever. It is a constant flow of change, arising, and going.

Once again I'm lead back to the knowledge of Self, which helps me to choose to not intentionally inflict suffering onto my self or others. I may still cause suffering to Self, but such knowledge helps to reduce the frequency and intensity of occurrences.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smithjustinb

Can the seer be seen?
Are you the seer or the seen?
youtu.be...

Both. All is one. So since I see, what is seen is also what is seeing.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresk1lls
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Those "others" are YOU. It's really the trinity, what you can "see" with your mind eye. It's YOU, ME, AND THIS PLANET THAT WE LIVE ON.

If the 'others' are me. It is all one. I am alone with myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Did you watch the video?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Did you watch the video?

No. Internet too slow.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

'What if 'is imagination.
If you live in a 'what if world' you will be scared of your own shadow.
Open your eyes and see what is real.

That's just not true, Itisnowagain.

You are using a computer, typing on an internet forum, likely surrounded by various electronics that make your life easier. None of these could exist unless someone had said, "What if...?"

My current life is an example of, "What if...?"

I was unhappy with a stagnant life, so I thought, "What if I do something to change it?" So, I did. And, now my life is much more positive.

Now, I can see what you mean if you're saying, "What if I had run off with that acrobat and joined the circus 20 years ago? Would I have 17 circus children by now?" That kind of what if is pointless. But, the what-if's of invention, creation, exuberance, beauty... those What If's make life worthwhile.

ETA: also, I asked you a number of questions here, I was wondering if you could respond to that post with some clarifications? I don't understand what you mean by imaginings.. Thank you.
edit on 4/23/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Did you watch the video?

No. Internet too slow.

But if it says the seer cannot be seen, I'm not down with that any way.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by ottobot

I think this is one of those concepts that each of us must reconcile with on our own. No matter how we try to rationalize it, suffering just plain out sucks.

What is the fundamental reason for suffering? Is it a test from God? Is it karma from previous lives? Is it our own fault? Is it for the sake of learning? Is it to fulfill infinity? I can not say for certain. I really don't know.

Yes, I agree. At this point, I am of the mindset that any negative memories I have exist because I must learn from them in this life. Any mistakes I have made were made because I must learn from them to make my future better in this life.

It has brought me much peace to realize that I can forgive myself for those things because I didn't realize the error of my ways at the time... I didn't realize how my actions would hurt other people... I didn't realize how my actions would hurt myself. And, now, when things have exploded, all I can do is deal with situations as they arise and understand that I can only do what I can do at this point in time - I cannot factor in potential future events because they will likely not occur as I think they will occur.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Service to self and service to others (law of one)
Hey, I read Ra materials a lot, so you can say I'm a believer.
However, it doesn't matter whether we believe it or not, for truth is always that it is.
Our conventional opinion about good and evil is superficial,which keeps us in the state of dualism.
Being serious enough about my opinion of world & life & value, not allowing others to think for myself,
I tried to find something that is more reasonable. Then I choose the Law of One as one of my belief.
Just think about it, What is the core of yourself?

Wanting and wishing causes suffering
Yeah,it's from Buddhism,so it's an old orient belief.
Both this belief and your opinion are right, for they're said in different plane.
Suffering comes from what you can't achieve,like wanting or wishing,yet you're still struggling for it.
It's not saying that we can't pursue our desire,but implying that we should not be caught in obsession.
Just let it flow. It's the wisdom of Buddhism, Zen,Taoism.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by ottobot

Karma and reincarnation

Karma works with reincarnation.
Karma needs a lot of lives to act and to be redeemed.
Maybe sometimes terrible and painful experiences are exactly what the incarnated soul wants to live.
Lord works in mysterious ways, we all heard this...
There is more learning in living hard experiences than good.
The spiritual world is so soft and warm, so full of light and love, souls want to live hard experiences for a change, so that they can value the spiritual world.
Souls come from a world of love and light, maybe they want to experience the opposite of their home, to learn and evolve.

Ok, so in the example of an adult female with the mental capacities of a three year old who is repeatedly raped - what is she learning?

If she was born without the capacity to learn more than a young child, then what is she supposed to learn by being hurt all the time?

Are you trying to say her soul is just there for the body to get hurt, and experience that pain just to experience it? Even though her mind can't comprehend the evil that is being done to her, the soul is remembering it for the next life? I'm not sure I understand you on this one.

I just don't think that karma applies to all situations.

I have seen many bad things done to defenseless people. All they learn is to fear other people. It is very sad to see an otherwise placid and smiling person weeping and screaming and banging her head on the walls and scratching at you while you are attempting to assist her with a shower.

So. I really just do not believe in karma. It breaks my heart.

These are the exact same reasons I do not believe in karma.

Life can be much too cruel to those too innocent to deserve it. If some cosmic "judge" thinks it fair to torture children as karma for a past life, something is very wrong with our universe.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

These are the exact same reasons I do not believe in karma.

Life can be much too cruel to those too innocent to deserve it. If some cosmic "judge" thinks it fair to torture children as karma for a past life, something is very wrong with our universe.

Absolutely!
But since we're a group of people who do think about these things, what possible reason could there ever be?! If we believe in one creator.
That question does not compute with this human at all! and I've spent many hours pondering many things

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Repeated rapes happen often? Where's your evidence(other than prisoners)?

Even if that's true, perhaps the penalty for rape from God is being repeated raped.

And then there's the possibility that yes, people just want to be raped. Let's say that God asks a male soul, do you want to be raped by a couple of beautiful women? Well, now, the answer isn't so clear, is it? What if on a soul level, the female is actually the dominant sex, and they want to feel inferior? Perhaps they even have an agreement that if you rape me, I'll rape you back, in another lifetime. You may wonder what kind of people want to play this kind of game, well, it's not so much different from people who want to act or like this kind of video game or movie, it's not their true self(soul) that's being raped.

Finally, you have to understand that souls don't really have sexual organs, so they may not view rapes(or sex, from what I understand, aliens are fairly liberal about sex) the same way as we do(or when they are reincarnated). From a soul's POV, it's probably just energies violating each other in different ways, no difference than murder.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

What if that soul tortured children in the past lives? Forcing that soul to experience the same thing as his victim did seems like perfect justification to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

So, then what's the reason if the soul never raped anyone in any previous life? I mean, how do we know this is real? Or, is that just a way to justify these types of situations as karmically acceptable?

Why would God put a soul(unless he made sure that this soul wanted it) who has never raped anyone in a situation to be raped repeatedly? If a person is being repeatedly raped, then most likely, the soul that possessed that person has done a great evil before.

So, stealing a chap-stick when I was three years old will carry over to the next life? What, do I get brutally murdered in that next life? I guess, with interest in the time between age 3 of this life and age 77 of the next life, that's a fair karmic balance.

No, you won't get brutally murdered just for a one time occurrence. It's multiple offenses over many lifetimes.
And you won't get murdered, that's actually a rather easy way to resolve your karma(since as a soul, you know that you don't really die so then it means almost nothing). No, he'll probably force you to reincarnate as a cockroach, make sure that you'll live and that you'll be tasting someone's piss, basically force the soul to know that you can't just commit evil freely(although he has to be careful not to make it too harsh, as nobody might play. You ask, why allow evil at all. Well, what if the souls wanted it?)

Or, what if 1000 years ago, I killed an innocent person in war but only because I was a slave who was coerced into battle so that my first-born child wouldn't be murdered by my master.

Should I then, in this life, still be punished?

No, you wouldn't be punished in that case.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Karma and lessons to learn

Karmic lessons come from our past in this life or other past lives, they originate in our wrong doing.
You did wrong so you need to learn, karma will make you feel what you did so that you learn.
A man raped a woman? He will be raped to know how it is to be raped. This way, he will not do it again because he now knows how it feels to be raped.

A compassionate person can feel what others are feeling maybe because of karma, compassion and empathy will make you feel what others feel and it works like karma, you know how it feels and you learn with it.
Maybe compassionate people are old souls, that lived a lot of lives, so they have experienced a lot and they can feel what others feel because they have lived it.
The more empathy and compassion you have, the more you learn because if you feel things deeply, its like you have lived it yourself, you learn more and you learn quickly.

But i also believe there is learning to do that is not connected to karma.
Suppose your soul is learning to be an healing expert in the spiritual world (the spiritual world is our home, i think planet earth is a training field for souls)
So, in every incarnation, your soul will want to live lives of disease. Thus, in each incarnation you are training your healing skills with yourself.
You are living a lot of lives with health problems not because of karma, but because you are learning to be an healer in the spiritual world, so you want lives in which you have to know how it is to be ill.
Once again, this is just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Repeated rapes happen often? Where's your evidence(other than prisoners)?

You're joking, right? Are you seriously trying to say that repeated rapes are rare?

Aside from the many cases I have seen as a mental health counselor/nurse, here are some from the first page of results when I googled "repeatedly raped":

www.lehighvalleylive.com...
www.mid-day.com...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.forbes.com... -rapist/
jacksonville.com...
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
www.youtube.com...
whitewatch.info...

It must be nice to live in your very protected and completely rape-free world. :-/

Even if that's true, perhaps the penalty for rape from God is being repeated raped.

Perhaps. But, perhaps not.

And then there's the possibility that yes, people just want to be raped. Let's say that God asks a male soul, do you want to be raped by a couple of beautiful women?

So, I take it that you don't understand that most males are raped by other males.... not by beautiful women?

Because, this is actually the case.

What if on a soul level, the female is actually the dominant sex, and they want to feel inferior? Perhaps they even have an agreement that if you rape me, I'll rape you back, in another lifetime.

Perhaps. But, you seem to be forgetting that many people who are raped are children. They are not adults at the time of the rape. And, again, many people who are raped are male.

You may wonder what kind of people want to play this kind of game, well, it's not so much different from people who want to act or like this kind of video game or movie, it's not their true self(soul) that's being raped.

I have no courteous response to this.

Finally, you have to understand that souls don't really have sexual organs, so they may not view rapes(or sex, from what I understand, aliens are fairly liberal about sex) the same way as we do(or when they are reincarnated). From a soul's POV, it's probably just energies violating each other in different ways, no difference than murder.

Ahh, so the soul negotiates a violation of energy.

Why not negotiate the violation of energy while still in the form of energy?

No, no, it makes much more sense to negotiate a violation of flesh to ensure that while in flesh form the soul will be raped and to ensure that it will be as scary and brutal and traumatizing as possible even though the soul (while in flesh) will not remember having made the negotiation, and therefore suffer for the subsequent 60+ years of corporeal life until death, wherein the soul will look back and laugh about "that silly energy violation".

If that makes sense to you, that's your prerogative.

It is senseless to me.
edit on 4/24/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why would God put a soul(unless he made sure that this soul wanted it) who has never raped anyone in a situation to be raped repeatedly?

You tell me, you're the one that is arguing this point.

If a person is being repeatedly raped, then most likely, the soul that possessed that person has done a great evil before.

"Most likely" leaves a lot of room for speculation.

I ask you, what if the "most likely" scenario is not the true scenario. How do you explain it, other than by faith?

No, you won't get brutally murdered just for a one time occurrence. It's multiple offenses over many lifetimes.
And you won't get murdered, that's actually a rather easy way to resolve your karma(since as a soul, you know that you don't really die so then it means almost nothing). No, he'll probably force you to reincarnate as a cockroach, make sure that you'll live and that you'll be tasting someone's piss, basically force the soul to know that you can't just commit evil freely(although he has to be careful not to make it too harsh, as nobody might play. You ask, why allow evil at all. Well, what if the souls wanted it?)

For one thing, at the age of three I didn't realize that stealing the chapstick was "bad" until I showed it to my mother and she said it was bad. She made me take it back and apologize to the store clerk for stealing.

So, did I really commit "evil"?

Because, I still remember that and, therefore, do not steal things because I realize that stealing is taking something that I did not earn from somebody else.

So, if I've learned my lesson while still in this life, why do I still need to be punished later on?

I'm not sure why your whole argument is built on "what if".

Honestly, it's not convincing me that karma exists, because just as you can say "maybe the soul planned all of this to happen just to have the experience" I can say, "maybe one soul planned to be as evil as possible and hurt as many non-consenting souls as possible just to have the experience".

Ultimately, we do not know the truth. Therefore, it is useless to speculate on and justify these horrific experiences using our very limited human brains.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join