It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New age common beliefs and myths: let´s talk about them (maybe demystify some of them)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You are the seer of this movie called life. It is happening now presently, colors, patterns, sound, sensation, thought arising. Can you stop it? Is it not just happening.... and no one is actually doing it?
Nothing needs to be done because it is all being done.
And you get to watch.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So the point of existence is just to watch what is already done?
Ok, I get your point, I think i cant discuss this anymore.
I cant agree but i think this discussion between me and you is getting useless because I understood your point and I think you understood mine.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
One must first find one Self alone, before knowing oneself in and as all things.
Alone is all one.

I was under the assumption that nearly everyone responding in this thread so far has illustrated this gnosis.

This brings us back 'round full circle.

I fear we are moving into the realm of defending personal semantics and subjectivity instead of coming to a shared realization or understanding.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Can you change what has happened already? Are you in control of anything outside of this moment? Is this moment fleeting and changing all of the time regardless of our wishes?
The mind cannot stand these questions. Can you see it, can you feel it reacting? The mind is losing it's grip so screams no, this cannot be true, listen to me this can't be true, there must be some sort of control.
Faith is all there is.
Faith in the mind made delusion or faith in this freefall.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Manula

You are the seer of this movie called life. It is happening now presently, colors, patterns, sound, sensation, thought arising. Can you stop it? Is it not just happening.... and no one is actually doing it?
And you get to watch.

That is an interesting perspective.

But, why not participate?

Why just be a surveyor and powerless in all things?

Why watch life pass you by?

You cannot experience anything without being immersed in it. Watching is not experiencing. It is watching as things play out.

There are a few choices:
1) Stop everything by ending one's life.
2) Dwell on past and potential future events; be lost in worries.
3) Watch everything by withdrawing from one's external life; everything is neutral.
4) Deal with situations that arise as they arise; live in and appreciate the present.

I prefer #4. But, that's because I existed as a #3 for nearly a decade. And, when I could no longer maintain that illusion, everything crashed. Neutrality was a lie because I had tried to force and mold my life, my existence, into something that seemed like it would be safe.

Yes, it was safe. But, it was false.

Sometimes, life is not safe. One cannot always watch because once in awhile your eyes get poked out by someone or something you did not see because you were looking the other way.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It is not possible to not participate in life. I am life. Without me what is life?
Life is happening and this character that i see is part of the movie.
Most people are lost believing themselves to be the character, they are lost in the drama.
I see all aspects of the movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

It is not possible to not participate in life. I am life. Without me what is life?
Most people are lost believing themselves to be the character, they are lost in the drama.

No, you don't.

You see the aspects of the movie in your own mind, because that is what you can see and what you can safely say is true.

You do not see that aspects of the movie which happen to be the thoughts of the person walking toward you who is thinking that they will pull out a gun and rob you at gunpoint at the exact moment you pass.

But, the way you tell it, there's no point in being surprised at the robbery. There's no point in trying to stop the person from shooting you. There's no point in reaching to hand him/her the wallet. To watch, one will just stand impotently by and allow whatever external events happen - regardless of whether they are positive or negative.

This is apathy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

reply to post by ottobot

No, you don't.

You see the aspects of the movie in your own mind, because that is what you can see and what you can safely say is true.

You do not see that aspects of the movie which happen to be the thoughts of the person walking toward you who is thinking that they will pull out a gun and rob you at gunpoint at the exact moment you pass.

But, the way you tell it, there's no point in being surprised at the robbery. There's no point in trying to stop the person from shooting you. There's no point in reaching to hand him/her the wallet. To watch, one will just stand impotently by and allow whatever external events happen - regardless of whether they are positive or negative.

This is apathy.

I see what is happening and don't imagine things that aren't. I see clearly. I am not clouded by imaginings.
Imaginings come are seen and are seen as imaginings.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

reply to post by Manula

And you get to watch.

That is an interesting perspective.

But, why not participate?

Why just be a surveyor and powerless in all things?

Why watch life pass you by?

You cannot experience anything without being immersed in it. Watching is not experiencing. It is watching as things play out.

There are a few choices:
1) Stop everything by ending one's life.
2) Dwell on past and potential future events; be lost in worries.
3) Watch everything by withdrawing from one's external life; everything is neutral.
4) Deal with situations that arise as they arise; live in and appreciate the present.

I prefer #4. But, that's because I existed as a #3 for nearly a decade. And, when I could no longer maintain that illusion, everything crashed. Neutrality was a lie because I had tried to force and mold my life, my existence, into something that seemed like it would be safe.

Yes, it was safe. But, it was false.

Sometimes, life is not safe. One cannot always watch because once in awhile your eyes get poked out by someone or something you did not see because you were looking the other way.

(applause)

I too think that we can watch, but life is not only watching, is participation, creation is happening everyday, all souls are one soul, doing, creating, changing, happening and also watching.

Creation is not static, it is happening, changing, evolving, and we all do our share, if we just watch, that´s fine, we are the watchers, but other souls are living, co-creating. I prefer to live, but i also like to watch, but i cant only watch.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The belief that life is what it is, only to be watched as it is

Because this discussion is happening i will summarize it.
Out of Buddhism comes this belief that reality is done, we are just awareness, we can only be aware, watch what is happening outside of ourselves and inside (thoughts and emotions come and go but we are not them, we can watch, we are what is aware of them).
So there is no point in acting upon reality to create, to change. Reality or the manifested creation is what it is, so we cant change it, we can only be aware of it.

My opinion:
We can be aware but we (all souls) are the creator and the creator is changing by his experience. The creator changes by his experience in creation.
Creation is always changing by the action of the creator(s) but the creator(s) also changes.
None of this is possible if we just watch.
The wish (will) to act upon creation, changing the creation, as well as changing ourselves as creator(s) is needed.
So we the one creator are not static, we live and change, as well as the creation changes by our actions.

So, for me, life is not just an observation exercise of something that is static, life is creating and changing, the creator changes as well as his creation, all by our actions which are full of the will to act, the will to create, to change.

We don't just watch ourselves and our creation, we create the creation constantly, and we change ourselves, the creator changes by his experience (he learns).

I know this is confusing, sorry for my bad English, i am Portuguese...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I know, for now you believe you are the doer. Doing life feels like work though ,don't you think? This life that people 'have' is hard work!!! Struggle, survival!!
Speak of oneness all day and life is still hard for most.
It is just a case of misidentification.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I accept that my soul has to survive, the creator wants to live this experience through me.
I am the creator (a part of it) living this experience (my life).
I can create a lot.
This texts that i am writing here on ATS, they are my creation, i wanted to do them, i don't just watch, i created them, so the creator made them through me, he lives through all of us.
We are him and he wants to do a lot of stuff, because he is self-updating himself, he is also changing, learning, evolving, creation is evolving, changing, and so is the creator.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

I accept that my soul has to survive, the creator wants to live this experience through me.
I am the creator (a part of it) living this experience (my life).
I can create a lot.
This texts that i am writing here on ATS, they are my creation, i wanted to do them, i don't just watch, i created them, so the creator made them through me, he lives through all of us.
We all are hime and he wants to do a lot of stuff, because he is self-updating himself, he is also changing, learning, evolving, creation is evolving, changing, and so is the creator.

The soul, not 'your' soul is only one. The soul cannot die, when you know yourself as the one soul, the game is up.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

OMG, my soul is immortal, what i meant was that my soul living this incarnation wants to live an experience in which she needs to fight for survival because that is what we do on this planet unless we incarnate in a body that is rich, which is not my case.
But my soul is immortal, she doesn't need to fight for survival.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Needing is suffering. Wanting what you need is suffering. Wanting what you don't really need is desire not suffering. It is not evil to desire what you do not need, it's actually the acquiring of unnecessary wants without thinking of the consequences that causes most corruption. Our dreams need to remain dreams and desires need to remain desires most times to have a healthy soul

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I guess you are right, you want to experience fear and suffering and you will until you have had enough.
Fighting for survival is a myth.
Life is alive. We don't notice life because we fear destruction.

We fear our destruction yet each moment we are destroyed a new moment can be born.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Souls aren't immortal, they die eventually. If your soul fails this test, it won't be able to ascend. This is a testing ground for newly formed souls of an advanced culture of beings. We pass or we fail. Some iffy ones are allowed to be reincarnated, other than that the failures will just die. We need to start to understand what some call our guardian angels. They are our spirit guides. Not all people possess souls, Many are just inhabited by a computer program created by these beings to structure a teaching system. Sort of like remote controlled organic puppets

edit on 23-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

LOLOL

Ok those are not my beliefs, I respect them though.
I believe souls cant die, they may be restructured, their energy may need to be... purified, but their original energetic signature, which is unique, is not lost.
I read this on Michael Newton´s books, Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls, they are very nice.

But who knows? This is just a belief, tomorrow i might believe in something else.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Our soul wants to live a lot of things we consciously reject.
Example: our soul may want to live an experience of disease but we rationally don't want to live it.
But hey, lord works in mysterious ways, our soul´s needs are to be lived, even if they hurt, but we can take it, otherwise we wouldn't be here. This is, once again, my opinion...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You believe that 'your' soul and you are separate.
It is one. Your soul is not somewhere else or somewhen else.
There is no where else or some where else it is just this.
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join