It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New age common beliefs and myths: let´s talk about them (maybe demystify some of them)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ottobot

You assume i do not participate. I said before it is not possible to not paricipate. This character lives it's life and i watch it. I see life from a different place. Like i said before i see all of the movie as it 'is happening.'

All right, I think I understand you.

The character just doesn't live its life. You have to do things for the character to live. It is not a movie. It's more like a puppet show, and you are the puppet, the puppeteer, and the audience.

The audience can never be the puppet or the puppeteer, just as the puppet cannot be the audience, and the puppeteer cannot be the puppet.

However, all must be present and accounted for to make a puppet show.

Most people see a movie of 'what is not happening', the movie of them in the past, the movie of them in the future.

Makes sense.

All states, happy,sad, anger come and go in what i am. I am the witness of everything that is passing.
I however, never pass.

That's fair.

I have one last kink in my understanding of this subject:
You say that everything you need comes to you.

Now, is this just a way of not having to reach for anything?

I mean, because, that's how it looks from an outsider's perspective.

Let's say you are a musician. You feel the need to make, write, perform music. You create music as a result. You feel the need to share your music with others. But, nobody asks you to perform your music. Even though you feel the need to share your music, you will never share your music because you do not seek opportunities to share your music. You then die, still waiting for someone to ask you (give permission?) to perform your music.

How do you know what you need?

How do you know what you don't need?

How do you know that what you need right now doesn't require some action or pre-meditation or planning by the part of the puppeteer and puppet and audience working together?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I have all that i need. I am fullfilled. If you do not feel fulfilled then you will not understand what i am saying. I am sharing my music. I dance to it and everything around me dances.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

I have all that i need. I am fullfilled. If you do not feel fulfilled then you will not understand what i am saying. I am sharing my music. I dance to it and everything around me dances.

Ahh, ok, then what you are really saying is that you have no needs. I understand now, thank you for clarifying.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I think I understand it in an entirely different way also. If needs are, by definition, null and void - then one will never have to leave his/her comfort zone. Because, the person has decided that only what is "needed" will enter the comfort zone. Everything else is non-existent until one cannot avoid it anymore because it comes into one's own puppet show.

I think what had me so confused is that you portray this as fulfillment. But, really, it's could also be that one has decided not to do anything spontaneous to create needs outside of one's own comfort zone.

I feel the need to tell you this, so I did.

I feel the need to also tell you that I cannot live like that because I have lived a suppressed life for so long that it kills me to suppress in order to "wait" for things I "need".

So, I create, I do, I am spontaneous, and I laugh.

I share my music by living as the puppet, the puppeteer, and the audience all together, not by waiting for the show to start.
edit on 4/24/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2012 by ottobot because: Fixed some language.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Why do you have to judge me and give me the third degree? It feels as though you have to make me wrong but you do not know my life experience. I reply to you and you read into it your mind stuff. Read your posts and see if they refer to you, how you were like me but now you are better. You have no idea what my life consists of, not that the content is important.
I know it is your profession to analyze and tell people where they are going wrong.
You want to fix me.
I can assure you i do not need fixing.
Thank you for your concern.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Why do you have to judge me and give me the third degree? It feels as though you have to make me wrong but you do not know my life experience. I reply to you and you read into it your mind stuff. Read your posts and see if they refer to you, how you were like me but now you are better. You have no idea what my life consists of, not that the content is important.

How am I judging you? Because I see something else differently than you do? I apologize if it comes across that way, I respect your point of view, I just can't fully understand it.

Like I said, you have said you are fulfilled because you have no needs.

I understand this.

Yet, I can also see it from a different perspective. One where it may be a fear of having needs.

I didn't say this is your exact stance, what I meant is that I can understand it from a different perspective as well as what you stated as your perspective.

I am asking you questions because I am trying to understand where you're coming from. You're under no obligation to respond to me. I like to learn. I can't learn anything without asking questions.

I know it is your profession to analyze and tell people where they are going wrong.
You want to fix me.
I can assure you i do not need fixing.
Thank you for your concern.

When did I say you needed fixing?

I don't think you're broken.

I think you know what and who you are, and that is perfectly fine.

Did I not just say that I can't live that way because I am the one who was broken?

I'm confused on why you think I am analyzing you and saying you are broken? I don't think I am better than you or have a better perspective. I am different than you are, I have had a different life than you've had. I have a different existence than you have.

I cannot exist by being subdued anymore, I start to feel like I am dying inside. I was dying, and I decided I don't want to die in that state of self-repression and avoidance.

I can only say that from my perspective - because that is how it felt to me.

I said I cannot live that way. You can live that way if that is how you live.

I apologize for giving the wrong impression.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

You are not giving the wrong impression, i see you clearly. Unfortunately, you recieve a distorted impression.
You assume so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

You are not giving the wrong impression, i see you clearly. Unfortunately, you recieve the wrong impression.

The impression I receive from you: you have suffered and did not want to suffer. You no longer suffer and you are content to exist as the Watcher, because you are all things and you are awareness and you Are.

The rest of the stuff I talk about is speculation; not specifically about You, Itisnowagain, but just about the topic and various aspects of it that come to mind as I am processing it in an attempt to understand it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Ok, fixed the offending paragraph. This is what I really meant. I wasn't meaning you specifically. I was meaning you - general.

Now that I think about it, I think I understand it in an entirely different way also. If needs are, by definition, null and void - then one will never have to leave his/her comfort zone. Because, the person has decided that only what is "needed" will enter the comfort zone. Everything else is non-existent until one cannot avoid it anymore because it comes into one's own puppet show.

I think what had me so confused is that you portray this as fulfillment. But, really, it's could also be that one has decided not to do anything spontaneous to create needs outside of one's own comfort zone.

I'm not saying that this is your case, I am saying that this could be another reason that people seek to be needless.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Until you recognize yourself as the watcher and know yourself as the watcher you will not see how wonderful and fantastic this whole experience is. There is no need to reach for apple pie when it's all apple pie. But this apple pie is not just apple pie it is all flavors and textures and you are not sure what's coming next, but next doesn't matter because this is It.
To find It, is to be It.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

The whole of existence is my comfort zone.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Until you recognize yourself as the watcher and know yourself as the watcher you will not see how wonderful and fantastic this whole experience is. There is no need to reach for apple pie when it's all apple pie. But this apple pie is not just apple pie it is all flavors and textures and you are not sure what's coming next, but next doesn't matter because this is It.
To find It, is to be It.

I do know myself as the Watcher. But, I also recognize that I am only the Watcher because I have something to Watch. I am the Watcher and the Something To Be Watched and the To Be and the Result Of Used To Be.

It is wonderful and fantastic.

The whole of existence is my comfort zone.

Mine too. On this, we can agree.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

So why don't you feel at home where ever you are?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you want to know whether or not the Law of One has any validity, all you really need to do is look at politics. Politics was invented by and for the Service to Self demographic.

Most of the other ideas listed are much, much older than New Ageism, and did not originate with it. I believe in reincarnation, personally.

Ascension can be defined as transcorporeal migration. I'm not sure whether I believe in the possibility of that one in literal terms.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

So why don't you feel at home where ever you are?

Because I love home wherever I am.

You make me smile, Itisnowagain, like this

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I've wanted to start a thread like this, for a good friendly conversation on the subjects.. many of which you outlined. I look forward to reading through this thread and joining in when I get off work this evening. This is just my place mark so I don't lose the thread.

Cheers OP s&f for you

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Cool thread. It's people like you is why I keep coming back to this horrible website.

We are all one

Sometimes I wonder if this is in fact the meaning of life, or the ultimate goal of "life" as we know of it. Life seems to have a relentless desire to unite everything it knows into one. Organisms get progressively more complex through evolution, people unite into bigger and bigger cooperatives, life even evolved to outright consume other life in order to forcefully make it part of itself. It doesn't seem too far fetched to think that maybe that is the ultimate purpose of life: to unite everything into a perfect, self-aware singularity. Life is progression, life is the universe attempting to understand and control itself.

Just as in evolution, life is a "brute force" attack on physical reality; what lives succeeds and what doesn't dies. Where does our consciousness come from? This place or thing that it comes from is attempting to gain hold of another world (the physical world) and so it is "growing" into reality. Life's method of progression and sustaining itself is to split into as many different parts as possible, so that if one dies... life will go on. The strong, successful and intelligent "entities" continue to show life the proper way to a singular unity; Life is mutilating and changing itself rapidly for the purpose of eventually achieving the perfect, singular order when all life comes back into one and becomes the physical universe.

Life then ultimately makes the physical universe into itself and the universe becomes a self aware singularity. The universe becomes the essence of "life" and becomes another form of life on a much grander scale, the universe (as life) will then again be in its simplest form and must continue multiplying and progressing until it reaches the eventual end barrier, if there is one. You could say that the idea of "god" is the end result and what life is attempting to be.

Life is coming back together, life is "god" manifesting into our world through ourselves. We are all part of "god", we are god's multitude of different, shattered pieces of the world of consciousness attempting to come back together and recreate god (or a self-aware unity of everything; a "god") in the world we now inhabit. God is not an entity, god is a goal, the meaning of life... all as one.

At least that's how I like to think of it. Of course this is just speculation, in an inefficient language nonetheless with such extremely abstract concepts like "god" and whatnot (yea, sorry for that one). Life is attempting unity of all, unity of all is god. We all are a shattered, divided one trying to come back together. We are humpty dumpy with a ferocious vengeance. All the kings men won't be able to stop him from eventually assimilating them into himself.
edit on 24-4-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zaonez

Thanks for the kind words.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Very nice point of view.
The evolution goes towards unification into something more perfect.
All life is progressing to unification.
Makes sense.
From separation to unification, and in between there are a lot of stages in the progress to unity.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Is anyone interested in discussing these sayings?

"As within, so without."

"The inside is like the outside, and the outside is like the inside."

"That which is below corresponds to that which is above, and that which is above, corresponds to that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing"

"As above, so below."

* Bonus Quotes *

Gospel of Thomas:

22. Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

23. Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one from a thousand and two from ten thousand, and they will stand as a single one."

11. Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.

The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I never really understood the above and bellow principle well.

As for the male and female thing, i think it has to do with balancing your male and female energy, so that you are no longer male or female, you have a balanced yin and yang, when you are no longer polarized, you transcend duality.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join