It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real-life Barbie" seeks to be world's most convincing doll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is a little creepy and freaky. When I saw these pics with the headline, I thought, "Huh, that's a realistic doll."

But its not a doll. Its a real live person who wants to be a doll.

...she even lives in a pink "dream house,"... "just like Barbie!"

...or is it?

Most little girls grow up playing with Barbie dolls. Some even want to look like them. One 21-year-old has become one, or so she says.

Valeria Lukyanova has become an internet sensation in her home country of Russia, claiming on her blog to be the most famed woman on the Russian-language internet. Her doll-like features, long blonde hair and ‘perfect’ body make her look like a real life Barbie.

More at Source (Daily Mail)

Some doubt how "real" she is. It's a strange case. Life imitates art imitates life...or does it?

Makes me a little dizzy and weirded out thinking about this.

I had one barbie when I was little but the dog chewed it up. And that's all I have to say about that.

edit on 4/23/2012 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Her eyes look kinda...................vacant.

vvv

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Not to scold you or anything, but next time try to get the direct link. I had to dig for the story.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

That's not even cool, just plain scary.

On deeper thought ,our bodies are the greatest miracle of all miracles, and this girl wants to be some thing synthetic/man made.

It's beyond me...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats really messed up, i mean she looks pretty good. fap time! Kidding. But not really.
I'm confused. I wanna tear her head off.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Samuelis because: classified

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Anyway, you're right. it kinda creeps me out too that someone wants to look like they're not real. As the other poster said, her eyes have that vacant, far away look. Like the kind of woman where when you call out her name.......it takes her awhile, you know.

There was something else on the news about this awhile back, from Norway I think, so this does seem to be a growing trend. You have to admit though, there could be much worse things these ladies could be doing to their bodies.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
She looks malnourished and pretty dead inside...

Shame

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I'm pretty sure some of the asian countries are obsessed with doll-like looks... People in Japan dressing up as anime characters etc... pretty much the same thing imo

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Personally, I think she looks better without make-up.

vk.com...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't "real" Barbie dolls ( "real" dolls.......this IS getting weird) have smiles on their faces? I clicked on only maybe 12 pics out of...........11,000!!!!!!! but I'm hard pressed to see her smiling in any of them. For someone as vain as her to post 11,000 pictures of herself you'd think she'd be smiling more and have more than just 78 friends on Facebook.

The more I look at those pictures the more I feel sorry for her. Just doesn't seem happy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Yeah you're right. I guess this has been going on for awhile now.

But if I catch my daughter doing that........................

(I know, I know......enough playing. Back to work)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Synthetic and man made..hmmm wonder how long it'll be before someone 'changes her life' with offers of fast cash and fame...someone like hugh hefner lol
, if the increasing celebrity gets her anywhere she'll end up getting used and discarded like a disposable toy doll, we all get old and that look'll wear off.

DUKE

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
When I clicked this, I thought it was going to be Kim Kardashian. So glad it's not.

Very pretty girl. Who looks way much better without make up. The make up makes her look plastic. But does look like Barbie. Got to give her that. Least she's not trying to be Paris Hilton.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is a strange market for real looking dolls called REAL DOLL thats very disturbing and she wants to be the reverse type [link to nude images removed]

(sorry)
Links may contain adult themed images .
edit on 23-4-2012 by DukeEligos because: link warning

edit on 3/2/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DukeEligos

Might want to put NSFW for your links. Geez, Like I wanted to see that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DukeEligos
There is a strange market for real looking dolls called REAL DOLL thats very disturbing and she wants to be the reverse type [link to nude images removed]

Those links are not appropriate mate, damn!

vvv
edit on 3/2/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Seriously sorry for no link warning..

Duke

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
And just like Barbie, she is Empty inside.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
That is actually just weird.

She looks like a freak man.

What's the point?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've seen that before, she looks creepy and somehow...dead

But it's not the first time a girl wants to look just like Barbie, over the past years i've seen several similar reports..like Angela Vollrath here in Germany or Sarah Burg from England who had over 100 plastic surgeries to try and look like Barbie. They all made the news.
Personally i do believe that Barbie is a very dangerous 'toy', not only sends it out the wrong messages to little girls ("be a sex object, be stupid, be simple minded and do everything for your man, live in a crazy dream world) but also because so many girls want to be like this doll as they imagine her to be the 'perfect woman'

I'm glad my parents never cared much for Barbie and therefore i never had this crap

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is a 15 year old looking like a doll in a thread I made here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join