It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axelrod: Voters don't know Romney yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Axelrod: Voters don't know Romney yet
Apr 22, 2012 -- USA Today

David Axelrod, a senior adviser to Obama says people really don't know Romney yet.

He claims that once they do know Romney, they will support Obama !!

But the way he presents that makes it seem the other way around !!

A top political aide to President Obama said today that Republican Mitt Romney is moving up in the polls because people don't really know his economic policies -- yet.

When voters do learn more about Romney, senior adviser David Axelrod said, "they're going to think this is very familiar -- we tried this -- this was a big failure."
Well Dave, just Who will they associate the "big failure" with ???
You have only one Guess

Hint: Romney hasn't caused any national policy failures !

The fanatical left liberal leadership is very nervous right now.

Especially since David Axelrod himself has made several recent statements that seem to be "steering" away from Obama !

Perhaps a clever way to make people think Obama is shifting directions....Hmmm

With Obama's extremely high "popularity", you would think he would have a 15 point lead in polls by now.

Hmmm

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul, meanwhile, focused on another Axelrod comment that voters will judge Obama on his record.

"We agree," Saul said. "With nearly 23 million Americans still struggling to find work, skyrocketing gas prices, and debt and deficits piling higher every year, Americans can't afford another four years of President Obama's record."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When you open up the discussion to dwelving into Romney's background, you (Axelrod) will find trouble because comparrisons will come up to look into Obama's background. Which, after 3.5 years, is still vague and cloudy.

If I were in the Romney camp, I'd welcome it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I can hear the campaigns now...

"Hey, what about his Birth Certificate".

Take your pick it applies.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Any informed person will know exactly who Romney is.

And when you get right down to it Obama is no freaking better.

They are BOTH the TWO WORST POSSIBLE CHOICES.

Funny how they are both the most likely to win huh?

Can you hear that? It's the sound of everything going down the drain.
edit on 23-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I hope Obama wins for one simple reason :

The big banks that once supported him are now supporting Romney.

I just want to see in objective quantified data that an election can't be bought by who gets the most cash. We already know there is several hundred million dollars pledged to defeat Obama. I just want to see the people supporting Romney throw all of their cash into a financial black hole and still lose.

If it is rigged entirely, then what the hell is either of them winning going to amount to anyway. I'll at least be grabbing some popcorn to watch the firework show of negative ads.

In summary : If it is entirely rigged, either of them winning is irrelevant. At that point, I just want to see which candidate can waste the most money of rich assholes and still lose. Come one come all to the great circus of American politics.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

When you open up the discussion to dwelving into Romney's background, you (Axelrod) will find trouble because comparrisons will come up to look into Obama's background.

Axelrod isn't talking about background.

What he is aluding to is that Romney thus far has been very high altitude in disclosing his economic policy, very, very, limited details.

And once he does he will either PO his base or terrify the moderates.

Once the elction starts in earnest the discussion will move to nuts and bolts. What exactly is his plan? That is a very tough spot for him to be in.

Examples:
The Morning Plum: Romney will eliminate whole government agencies. But he won’t say which ones.
www.washingtonpost.com... /16/gIQA3GHILT_blog.html

Mitt: I Won’t Detail Plans, Because Then I’d Lose (Authors take on Romney Qoute...Not Mitts words)
nymag.com...

Romney throws his economic plan overboard
www.cnn.com...

Obama will need to defend his successes and failures of the past 3.5 years, but they are pretty clear.

Romney will have to commit to actual positions and policy, something he hasn't done so far and this will be a balancing act between his far right base and an attempt to gain the moderates.

He will have to put out a detailed economic plan - he put one out last year...less than detailed, but has already psuedo-abandoned it, also Tax policy etc. This is where candidates need to start to take solid positions. This is what Axelrod is referring to.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

David Axelrod, a senior adviser to Obama says people really don't know Romney yet.

He claims that once they do know Romney, they will support Obama !!

He is right about one thing... The majority of MSM followers do not know Romney because he is a flip flopper, he isn't consistent on what he stands for. I see a trust issue there, and I think someone who isn't consistent should not be President.

As for him saying people will support Obama once Romneys flaws are exposed, is wrong. We can say we don't really know who Obama is, and we still don't know who he really is and he has been our President for the past 3 years...I think people will support neither of the two, that is just my take.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The big danger of delving into Romney's past is that more people will know about Seamus. The poor dog that was strapped to the top of the families car in a carrier while the family traveled in comfort. The country may ignore violations of our constitutional rights, but the line tends to get drawn at treatment of pets.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And Romney will fix everything right?

edit on 23-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
The big danger of delving into Romney's past is that more people will know about Seamus. The poor dog that was strapped to the top of the families car in a carrier while the family traveled in comfort. The country may ignore violations of our constitutional rights, but the line tends to get drawn at treatment of pets.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

Hey...at least they hosed the dog down at a rest stop when it got sick and had "the runs" up there on the roof! I would have hated being the car behind the Romney's on the highway.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We all know Obama hasn't fixed anything but made it a hell of a lot worse.

Voters know everything about Obama

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And um. . . how many budgets has Obama passed?

Obama reacts to economic events.
He doesn't direct. He doesn't lead.

Hopefully, Romney will.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How many dogs has Obama killed, beezer?

Whose dad was not born in the U.S, beezer?

Hey beezer, didn't George Romney sink American Motors when he left before # went downhill?

How about that Bain Capital?

Truth be told, neither Romney or Obama will lead this country anywhere but off of a cliff.

VOTE CTHULU!

edit on 23-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I can see it now 4 more years of birthers just now it will be Romney wasnt born here and wheres the longform Romney.

From all those people who defend OBamas citizenship but the bright side to that is we get to sit back and call them racists.

edit on 23-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
How many dogs has Obama killed, beezer?

How many has he eaten?

Whose dad was not born in the U.S, beezer?

Obama's.

Hey beezer, didn't George Romney sink American Motors when he left before # went downhill?

How about that Bain Capital?

Truth be told, neither Romney or Obama will lead this country anywhere but off of a cliff.

VOTE CTHULU!

edit on 23-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

Trusting any politician to take care of you is a fools errand.

What we need is a politician that'll allow us to take care of ourselves.

(ps; I won't vote for CTHULU. His view on property taxes is a game stopper for me.)
edit on 23-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Romney is associated heavily with behavior modification sites for 'troubled teens' which have a documented history of abuse...with some reports describing torture techniques. Here is an excerpt but the entire page is worth the read.

Robert Lichfield served as Mitt Romney’s Utah campaign finance co-chair until 2007 when he was asked to step down following media attention over high-profile lawsuits against WWASP. Lichfield was Utah’s largest political donor before his resignation, generating over $300,000 for Romney’s campaign in 2008 and helping to facilitate donations of $17,000 from family members and associates. [19]

The Huffington Post listed Robert Lichfield as one of the GOP’s Dirtiest Donors in 2008, noting that Romney asked his Utah money-maker to step aside from the campaign until the lawsuit was settled. It is also noted that Romney brought in over $2.7 million in Utah donations, much of which was helped by Lichfield’s campaign efforts. [26]

Link

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer is right about that, look at Canada for example what has Paul martin Harper done anything for Canada?
Nothing.

You know its funny in one of those Harper TV ads Harper accused Paul martin on been an American puppet but hey! looks whose talking now Harper

Its Harper whose a puppet for America.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

And um. . . how many budgets has Obama passed?

Obama reacts to economic events.
He doesn't direct. He doesn't lead.

Hopefully, Romney will.

Sorry...I thought the thread was about Romney.

BTW - Congress passes budgets, not the President.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

George Romney was born in Mexico.

Both Obama and Romney have some similarities in their health care plans.

See? No matter who you vote for, you're getting the same #ing putz!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

George Romney was born in Mexico.

Both Obama and Romney have some similarities in their health care plans.

See? No matter who you vote for, you're getting the same putz!

Yeah, Neo pointed out that Romney's da was born in Mexico.

But to compare a federal mandate versus a states decision is false.

I'm hoping that Romney-putz just doesn't pass draconian laws taking away our rights.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join