It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Evidence Of Paranormal Occurrence - A Tangible Miracle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is a story told to me by the grandmother of a young man who was involved in a single car accident on a bridge, where he car spun out of control. It happens 12 years ago.

He was taken to the hospital in a coma. He died within a day or so. At the time of his death an image of a dove was imprinted on the window of the glass in his hospital room. His grandmother, at nurse at DePaul Hospital, where he died told me that they believe this was a miracle from the Lord letting them know Joseph had received his Confirmation which was the next Sacrament that he would have received.

17 organ and tissues were harvested from his body as a gift to others in need. The glass from the window was removed and made into a plaque on display at the hospital in the Critical Care waiting room.

If you ever come to St. Louis, MO. A trip to see this dove on display at DePaul Hospital would be a blessing.

I have thought many times to post this story to help those who do not believe in paranormal consider is a reality. What has held me back is the "Pictures or if didn't happen" line that many skeptics need for proof. I have seen a picture of it before it was cut off out of the hospital window and can tell you it definitely looks like a dove with it's wings open. A dove is a symbol for the Holy Spirit which is the gift of the Sacrament of Confirmation.

Believe me, I have spent hours looks over the web on google and yahoo image searches with no luck. I will share with you the news stories I have found about this miracle.

business.highbeam.com...
Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | February 7, 2000

Just before he was officially declared brain-dead that November evening, the image of a white dove in flight was seen on the window of Joe's room at DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton.

His mother, Kimberly Mount, and his grandmother, Sherry Boland, a longtime nurse at the hospital, believe it to be a miracle.

"God left a sign that he is with us in our most difficult moments ... and it's still there," exclaimed Mount last week, as the window glass with the image intact was uncrated by hospital officials for the family's inspection.

2nd:
business.highbeam.com...
DEPAUL HOSPITAL DEDICATES WINDOW ON WHICH IMAGE OF DOVE APPEARED.(North Post)(Profile\Depaul Health Center\Glass Panel\Dove)
Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | June 8, 2000 | Volland, Victor

Pam Southall's worried face relaxed and there was a positive glimmer of a hopeful smile as nurse Gene Underwood, in green hospital scrubs with an oxygen tank slung over one shoulder, pointed to a faint whitish image inside the newly installed glass panel on the wall of the critical care waiting room at DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton.

He explained that the image - more difficult now to see because of glare off the protective glass cover - was inexplicably imprinted on the outside of a window in the unit where 17-year-old Joe Boland had just died last Nov. 1 of injuries suffered in a one-car accident.

The appearance of the dove, a universal sign of peace and …

3rd
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:FtImZRL1ZXoJ:www.ssmhc.com/network/2000/March%2520April%25202000.pdf+joseph+samuel+boland+miracle +in+hospital+window+depaul&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Staff, Patients' FamiliesInspired by Dove Image by Harvey Wildt For some, the dove is a universal symbol of peace, for others it is the sign of the Holy Spirit. When the imageof a dove appeared suddenly in an ICU patient room lastfall at SSM DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton, MO, itbrought comfort and inspiration to many.For many DePaul employees, it reaffirmed thespiritual aspect of their work. For the family of 17-year-old Joe Boland, it instilled a sense of lasting peacedespite the grief of a tragic situation.

continued:

At dusk, thefamily noticedthe perfectlyformed image ofa dove on thewindow of Joe'sroom at DePaul.The family tookit as a sign fromGod. "That wasthe miracle weprayed for," saidSherry Boland."Kimberly'ssister, Maria,spotted it first," recalled Sherry. "It seemed to be glow-ing in the twilight." Imposed on the outside of thethird floor window was the life-sized image of a dove,its head, beak, body and wings clearly defined. Noone heard a bird hitting the window, and no injuredbird was found outside.The dove image was especially meaningful for thefamily because of its similarity to a print given to Joeby his mother just months before.

I had to share a sweet poem for Joseph from his mom:
www.mts-stl.org...

Anybody who is good at tracking things on the net. I would appreciate anymore input to this story especially a picture of the dove.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've not been able to find any info so far much less a pic.
There's a PDF I was trying to load - but it wouldn't.
I'll keep trying!

In the mean time - it's my opinion our faith and miracles run hand in hand - that doesn't say miracles or signs don't happen.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't think that's a miracle at all.

Not to sound hateful, death is something that is very sad. And if it consoles them that this supposed miracle happened, then good for them.

However, I do not for a second believe you can/should classify that as a miracle.

Something closer to the definition of a miracle is if he survived and made a full recovery and those 17 people who needed those organs were also cured of all illnesses, and didn't need those organs at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The best evidence of paranormal activity is probably the Placebo Effect, which is an observable and measurable improvement in health or behavior not attributable to a medication or invasive treatment that has been administered.

The improvement in health due to a belief that you will get better is the literal proof that mind can influence the body, in ways no yet understandable to mainstream science.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Come on guys, we have a definitive place where that thing should be:

DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton, on display at the hospital in the Critical Care waiting room.

Shouldn't be TOO hard to verify/dismiss this. (No hit on snopes.com).

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I,m glad someone took something good from the dove print on the window. Unfortunatley this happens to me quite regularly if i clean my bedroom window. The guy next door keeps pigeons and doves and they don't see the glass if it's too clean. The dust from their bodies hits the glass in the moment of impact and makes a very clear impression of the bird in mid flight.

Here is a link to some google images of such a phenomenon

www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm =isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DyCVT9bGIYWa1AWi47XxAQ&biw=1133&bih=570&sei=MSCVT-G2MaGP0AXBvJnQAQ#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla :en-GB%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=picture+of+dove+hit+window&oq=picture+of+dove+hit+window&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=img.3...92899.96305.0.98681.10. 8.0.0.0.2.138.526.7j1.8.0.P0cdTXajeHg&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1133&bih=570&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&cad=b
edit on 23-4-2012 by sharkz because: (no reason given)

I,m sorry can't get the link to work properly, please click on the link then when taken to google click images on the lefthand side of the page.
edit on 23-4-2012 by sharkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkz

YES! Now as you said it I remember having seen something like that for myself!

Here are about a gazillion of those images.. :Bird hits window (Googlepics.search)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

well done you achieved what i,ve been trying for the last 15mins ...thankyou

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
HERE is a link to the hospital's Flickr page. Dozens of albums, but unsure if any have a glimpse of the window pane.

ETA: Found it!

LINK

edit on 23-4-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Well found tport17

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkz

Thanks! I was determined.

To me, this looks like any other picture of a bird crashing into a window, not a miracle. But, if it made the family feel closure over the death of their loved one, then what does it matter?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Thank you tport17 for finding that
. It looks to me like they have a cloth behind it at the time the picture was taken or maybe that is a curtain in front of it.

I just got of the phone with the Joe's grandfather. He was very definite that it was not a bird smack. The image is part of the glass. Do you think a bird could hit a window hard enough to make an imprint on glass? The dove looks like it is getting ready to land, that would not be a hard hit on a window even if it was a bird smack. IMO.

The grandfather told me they had so many people were coming into the patient room to see the image that is was causing an obstruction and that lead to the decision to cut the glass and make the plaque.

It is still on display outside the Critical Care Waiting room on the 3rd Floor at DePaul if you want to see it.

To the naysayers, do you think the hospital would go to the trouble of removing the glass and making a plaque out of it if was a bird strike? It's been 12 years and the image hasn't changed.

Grandmother, Sherry (RN at DePaul) told me that many doctors have come and looked at it very closely. Not only has this brought comfort to Joe's family, but to the untold number who can and have viewed it. As Joe's Grandfather put it, it is part of the master plan.
edit on 4/23/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: grammar

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This also happened with Hermione Granger when she had her bluebird charm attack Ron Weasley.

Magic. Not miracle.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars
This also happened with Hermione Granger when she had her bluebird charm attack Ron Weasley.

Magic. Not miracle.

Your smug dismissal is an insult to his family who prayed for their dying child/grandchild.

I suppose St. Padre Pio was a magican?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Don't sweat it,

Most of the unbelievers here could have a first hand direct face-to-face talk with Jesus Christ and within a few hours lose all faith and chalk everything up to "natural" explanations,

They're a hopeless bunch, don't let it anger you, just pray for the pitiful souls

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thanks for the comments You are 100 percent spot on. Yes, I do pray for those pitiful souls as you call them.
I hope God's grace touches them and opens their eyes and heart to consider they don't know everything.
edit on 4/23/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: change word

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah, pray for me too, in whatever language and religion you want. Just don't consider yourself more "worthy" because you try to communicate with some invisible force.

I like it when people search for solutions in their live, but don't always look up in the sky, look at your feet to see where you are going.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"To the naysayers, do you think the hospital would go to the trouble of removing the glass and making a plaque out of it if was a bird strike?"

Absolutely. Hospitals always seem to have inspirational art and whatnot in the lobbies and waiting rooms. If it gives people peace, and seemingly quite a bit of local publicity, then they wouldn't think twice about it, regardless of what caused it.

"Your smug dismissal is an insult to his family who prayed for their dying child/grandchild."

What should be insulting to people of morals is that they did indeed exploit the young mans death to a certain extent. People seem to ignore the exploitation of a death so long as it's being exploited for religious purposes, in most cases they won't even recognize it as exploitation. Instead of using the tragic death of a young man to say, open a dialogue on vehicle and road safety, or even just the statistics of teen driving accidents, they took the opportunity to praise God in newspaper articles because they believe the smudge from a bird hitting the window was a miracle, as apposed to the real miracle, which would have been saving the boy. Deep down the family knows what it was. The hospital staff knows what it was. And at the time they needed that smudge to hold themselves together. But no one was going to be the one to lick their thumb and wipe away the smudge from the other side of the glass. That would have been insulting.

"Most of the unbelievers here could have a first hand direct face-to-face talk with Jesus Christ and within a few hours lose all faith and chalk everything up to "natural" explanations, "

Could you imagine the -believers- having a first hand direct conversation with Jesus? Drop a small, middle eastern looking man in a church somewhere in the Bible Belt, have him attempt to teach his message, I guarantee you he would be killed. Have him perform a miracle for all of them to prove it? Well, he doesn't look like Jesus, because we all know Jesus is white and a Republican, so he must be Satan. And he's proven he has supernatural powers, so now he must be killed. I imagine that if there is any validity to the Christian religions, and if Jesus has returned at any point in history, he's tried to tell everyone how wrong they were about his message, and then been promptly killed.

Don't be shocked when we don't believe. Understand why we don't believe. I believe in the paranormal 100%, I've experienced it first hand a few times. But those are subjective experiences and I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me based on my word, or any shaky evidence that I provided. This is the paranormal section, and although not everyone follows the "Deny Ignorance" motto in this subforum, the critical thinking of the skeptics keeps it all in check. I find that the skeptics are often the most eager of everyone to explore every aspect of a story. And yes, if the evidence isn't there, or is shaky at best, they are going to call it as such. If you guys are looking for a place where everyone will agree with you about your faith and post a bunch of self congratulatory replies about how inspiring a story it is, I'm sure there are plenty of religious forums online that wouldn't have a problem with this story.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

reply to post by Morgenstern89

The hospital did clean the glass before making the plaque. This happened 12 years ago and the image is still there. That is undeniable as the plaque is still where it has been all these years. If you think the hospital would make a plaque out a dirty window you will deny anything. Nobody is doing anything, but trying to bring hope and comfort to people. Why do you think it is located outside the Critical Care Waiting Room?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"If you think the hospital would make a plaque out a dirty window you will deny anything. "

Just because I don't believe this is a miracle then I'll deny anything? Ok. Apparently you didn't read my post completely, because as I said, I too am a believer in the paranormal. You can't hold it against me that I have standards when it comes to my beliefs though. Where does it say that they cleaned the glass before making the plaque? If anything, they cleaned everything but the smudge. This case isn't all that hard to figure out. Heck, if the mark was on the -inside- of the window even, I'd be impressed. But it's not. It was on the outside of a third story window, which the family only noticed when the twilight hit it. The bird could have hit the windows the day before.

"Nobody is doing anything, but trying to bring hope and comfort to people."

It's obvious that that was their intention. And it's wonderful that people can find comfort in it. But that's not what we are discussing here. We are discussing whether or not it's a miracle, and people can't look at it objectively because the story tugs at their heartstrings. It's the same way with all human interest stories, it's meant to draw out that kind of emotional response, it exploits the situation for that very purpose, and when you are able to illicit that kind of emotional response it can then be used for persuasion and manipulation. In this case, persuading people that this was an actual miracle. The news does it all the time with worse things, but just because it's benign doesn't mean that it's not being manipulative.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join