It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows "special operations" against South's leader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA
Sorry!!!!

This?

OR This?:

Mmmmmmmm???? Just keep your head down boys..........Love CaptainBeno xxx

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
North Korea, doesn't stand a chance, and the worst part is, they simply don't know it. We have thermal imaging drones in orbit around NK, and intel aircraft flying along the border. There's also satellite imagery that can tell us all sorts of interesting things. We have satellites orbiting other celestial objects that can see sub-surface density changes, various elemental makeup, and complex software that notifies whenever there's a slight shift in what it currently sees from what it saw before. If we're putting this stuff around Mars and Vesta, do you honestly expect me to believe that we're not using it when it comes to spying on NK?

Factor in the walls of PATRIOT missiles facing north, and our ability to track artillery back to it's point of origin, and so many cruise missiles off the coast in Navy vessels to make what we did to Saddam look like a non-event, and you can see that there'd be no real contest. Yes, people would die in the struggle, and there would be property damage. Would it be anywhere near as catastrophic as they claim? No. I remember seeing the mini gun turrets out on the DMZ and thinking that if NK rushed the DMZ, they'd never even make it across to step foot on SK. As for the tunnels, the satellites and seismometers are tracking those with vibration and density scans. The troops wouldn't know what hit them from above as they all give off heat signatures and cluster bombs opening up over them would bring them all to a very quick end.

I think KJU is young and cocky. I think he's got something to prove. I think he's stupid enough to push the issue. While it'd mean the death of many in NK, it would be the best thing that every happened to the civilians either. It'd be like going from black and white to seeing color.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Very true.

When you think about the technology we have today and the fact these guys have been confined to NK since Jesus was a lad. We have been planning this for a long time. We have every scenario wrapped up.

Seriously? It would be a a chook shoot.

I kinda wish they would do it. I'm not saying that death is the answer, but really? He needs his ass whooped.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
WOOOW kill cause someone suposably insulted... wow
edit on 23-4-2012 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The situation in North Korea is dire, they can't feed the people and it's only getting worse.

My fear is that they don't just want a war, they need a war.

History shows that after a war the loser gets rebuilt by the victors.

A war allows the massive army to go out in a blaze of glory, they know there is no place for a career soldier in a unified Korea. And go out they will, it will be a turkey shoot. I've been there for training and I'm fuzzy on the exact numbers quoted, by the bottom line was that there were more artillery tubes pointed at South Korea than were ever used in a single battle. So if the North opens up with every tube it will be the largest artillery barrage in recorded history, by a big margin. It's thousands of artillery batteries pre sighted and ready to go.

While It sounds daunting the solution to dealing with them has obviously been solved. I say this because dependents of soldiers have been allowed there for a few years now. When I was there it was a hardship posting because you couldn't bring your family. I would guess they have a plan in effect for taking most, if not all, of them out at a moments notice.

edit on 23-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is indeed a puzzling turn of events. Such a specific threat. Here's a thought - they're talking of reducing the SK government "to ashes" within 3-4 minutes....and it also looks like they're preparing another nuke test soon. Are we sure this isn't some sort of mistranslation - maybe they're bragging that the coming nuke test will show they're CAPABLE of reducing the SK government to ashes?

Such a specific threat makes no sense....security will be crazy tight around the SK government now...you don't telegraph your plans ahead like that. A diversion maybe? Keep people focused on one target so they can hit another by surprise?

The mind boggles

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Part of me wonders if this is a direct result of the cancelation of food aid over the missile launch. It also is coming on the heels of news reports that China may have helped N. korea with thier missileprogram. The launcher apparently is Chinese in design, right down to the door handles of the truck.

Itas possible the economic situation in North Korea is worse off than what people think, which would be enough to force action. North Korea has very few options left, and turning the North into a society, even like what China has, will never happen.

That leaves North Korea 1 option left - survival of the government using whatever means available. We may be seeing an all or nothing strategy taking shape, designed to end the Korean war once and for all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Inside job? Fire bomb?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Part of me wonders if this is a direct result of the cancelation of food aid over the missile launch. It also is coming on the heels of news reports that China may have helped N. korea with thier missileprogram. The launcher apparently is Chinese in design, right down to the door handles of the truck.

Itas possible the economic situation in North Korea is worse off than what people think, which would be enough to force action. North Korea has very few options left, and turning the North into a society, even like what China has, will never happen.

That leaves North Korea 1 option left - survival of the government using whatever means available. We may be seeing an all or nothing strategy taking shape, designed to end the Korean war once and for all.

Could be. Remember that the US recently said their focus was shifting to the Asia-Pacific region and they started deploying troops to Australia. Maybe NK thinks the writing is on the wall......they have nothing to lose? Still doesn't explain this latest threat though - surprise is usually the best option, not telling the other side what you're planning.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Anytime American Military assets are shifted around the north starts accusing us of planning to invade them so I dont think it has to do with Austrailia. I do buy into the "insults" perceived by the North as being legitmaite since they seem to get offended anytime someone does not agree with the North.

We have -
* - A new, untested, young leader who still has not consolidated power.
* - An uncle in the mix to help
* - The Military leadership being a part of the ruling instead of subordinate to it.

* - A failed economy fix from a few years back.
* - A failed rocket launch.
* - The end of food aid that was just granted a few months back.

If we take everything together what we have is a leader who cannot hold it together. There is blood in the water in North Korea and its coming from the North Korean leader. All the while it appears the (DPRK military) sharks might be starting to circle.

I dont look for the government of North Korea as we know it to last.

As far as announcing their plans thats is even more disconcerting. It leads to 2 possibilities -
#1 - Nothing but Bluster from the North
#2 - A realization the end is near for the North and its now or never with no looking back.

By announcing plans, timetables, methods etc it looks like option 2 is most likely it.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
WOOOW kill cause someone suposably insulted... wow
edit on 23-4-2012 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

Wars have been fought for far less. Sometimes simple ideas can instigate the killing of innocent people, let alone an actual insult.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

LMAO! Did you see their targets? They were drawn on with magic markers! The local kindergarten class probably made them for the dear leader. God, I hope I'm around to see those people freed. I have a feeling I will be.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

Ha! can you imagine the art class? "Ok children, today we are going to draw..........."

Very funny

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think you can take this a step further and say that Kim Jr Jr is so far removed from the reality that he's essentially unable to rationally process his situation. We can't even begin to guessif this is bluster or actual psychosis or some sort real politik adventure.

It's a scary situation.

But honestly, every sane nation, well, more sane nation, should be trying to solve this situation. It's dire.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So, yesterday North Korea was warned by Panetta, warned against further provocations.

Didn't take them long for a retort.

A senior North Korean army official says his country is armed with "powerful mobile weapons" capable of striking America.

and also;

He told officials at the April 25 House of Culture that the weapons could defeat the U.S. "at a single blow."

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 25-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So when is this "suppose" to happen?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So when is this "suppose" to happen?

There is an interesting video at this you tube link:
www.youtube.com...,
in the video remote viewer Major Ed Dames, speaks about N.Korea
and sequences of events that in my opinion kind of resemble what is
going on currently over there.. Don't know, but I think the "KillShot
sequence" information in the video is interesting.. makes you wonder..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think that this is a good evaluation of the situation.

The problem is that Kim Jung-Un is "the diet Coke of evil...just one calorie...not enough!"

Time to bring out the clone!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

My buddy was stationed on the DMZ several years ago & he said the US troops are just a tripwire on the border. No way they could stop or barely slow dow any invasion from the north & the north has 100,000's of troops sitting on the border waiting to roll. I think Seoul is within 50 miles of the border so they could do serious damge to Seoul before we could get anything over there to stop them.

This is, for the most part, true. Seoul is within the range of North artillery emplacements.

It would be unwise to discuss much about the contingency plans for an invasion (what little of them I know) - but no one expects to hold a hard line at the DMZ.

If you ever get the chance to go to Korea, look closely - particularly as you get closer to Seoul. There are large stone/concrete blocks set to be dropped to block tunnels and roadways. Billboard signs place a thin veil of concealment on high concrete walls.

They've done a nice little job of making the fact they are still in a declared war with the North something other than impending gloom... but if you know to look for it - the signs and preparation are all around. It's kind of eerie.

As I said, before - the threat of North Korea isn't much from weaponry - but from the sheer amount of people. In that kind of terrain - mechanized assets are very limited (it's why helicopters started making their way into the defense budget - the Korean war). It's infantry country.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The latest news on this is that some japanese ministers have cancelled trips abroad over concerns of new nuke tests by DRPK.

This is building, slowly, but it is building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join