It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows "special operations" against South's leader

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Are we sure his father is dead?

No really, whats with all the lame "you insult me so Im going to send thousands to their deaths" type attitudes within all of the world governments?

Childish. Wars are started because of children, like Un.

"you called me daddy names, off with your heads"

True enough...

Closer to home, let's not forget that Saddam Hussein tried to take out George Bush Sr. one time while he was visiting Kuwait. How did that work our for Saddam once George Jr. became Commander in Chief?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This new statement from the DPRK government actually surprised me. Right away I knew it was different from the usual slew of messages it throws across the DMZ due to the specificness of it. Every past message seemed to be a vague and generalized threat against the entire government of South Korea, but this one specifically mentions the (position of the) president and gives a frame of time for the event in question.

My brain tells me it's just their usual posturing, but my gut is telling me there's something else to this message. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps the DPRK government wanted to measure the response of the South Korean govenrment? See if they'd squirm or counter-react? This one has me puzzled.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
some more info

North Korean armed forces will use "unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style" to carry out the actions, the official Korean Central News Agency said in a report, adding that the operation would take 3 or 4 minutes.

www.cnn.com... dex.html?hpt=hp_t2

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This isn't NK's usual non-descript threat. It feels like, at least to me, that 'lil Kim Un is stretching his legs so to speak. China better realize that they will probably be held responsible for NK's actions, even though they have disowned them in recent years.

I say let the bombs fly and save as many NK people as possible. Let China clean up the mess afterward.

It's very interesting at any rate.

-TS

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
North Korea is like a screaming child in a supermarket. They are always doing this, always making extremely dramatic threats and using the most inflammatory language they can without actually swearing to try to "scare" people.

It's almost like they take lines from 1950's comics, taking their character from the big bad guy sitting in his mountain and threatening to rain terror down over the world.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than NK wanting some attention, probably kicking up a fuss because their toys are broken and they've been put on the naughty step again.

I too believe that the SK leader will still be there in six months time, and if he isn't, it won't be because of NK and their little hissy fit.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sorry I meant to say Korean war and not cold war.

My apologies...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Look at it this way. Kim Jung Un is trying to look tough in front of the military. Since papa is gone everyone knows that this boy is a breath away from getting toppled in a coup. At least that is what I have been led to believe from the coverage after his father's death. Just the typical grandstanding and saber rattling by North Korea. They will not do anything without the green light from China.

Right now, China is more concerned about economics and a vibrant region for trade than a prolonged conflict in their backyard. A war on the peninsula will jeopardize that. Furthermore, a war will bring about that refugee crisis everyone has feared for so many years. China will face the brunt of that. Millions upon millions of starving North Koreans fleeing into China is quite a humanitarian crisis. I don't even want to get into how costly this military campaign will be for the combatants.

Judging by the savagery displayed in the first Korean War? This will be that war on steroids. We are talking about major Asian city, Seoul, being leveled in a matter of hours. North Korea has something like over 10,000 artillery pieces aimed at Seoul. If they go through with this? We might as well cross North Korea off the map, because they are going to get annihilated. Of course it will be a costly endeavor for all, and it could very well go nuclear before it is done. Still, I don't think he is going to follow through. Just more smoke and mirrors and saber rattling.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

My fear is that it will go nuclear from the start. Let's face it the kid is crazier than the father, and he was a piece of work. I think that if there is anything to this that we will see China start to back away from this nit.

After all they would have a great deal to lose as others have said here.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And we should believe the CFR sellout Hillary Clinton claims that it was the North Korea who sink the naval vessel because? for all we know it could have been a False flag.

People cite "false flag" for everything! It's is so tedious that overwhelming evidence is just cynically dismissed as a "false flag". Like a stuck record. Boring.

I think the South Koreans have demonstrated commendable restraint in the face of continued North Korean provocation. It is true that the North Korean state is a complete disgrace and the motivations of their leadership is questionable, but at some point they will go over the top and will do something that the South Koreans and the civilised World in general will not be able to ignore.

I am not surprised why there is fear of a nuclear North Korea.

Regards

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I agree with you.

That's presuming the North Koreans are as dedicated and motivated as they appear. They may flip right the hell out when they see the flat screen TVs in the open markets below the modern apartments. Some might go into catatonic shock while others start searching for the immigration office to apply.

I think it's even more concerning.

Knowing what we know today about mental conditioning, it could turn out pretty bad.

I mean, even "our" own people refused flat-screens and videogames, pack their things and went to Afghanistan to join training camps for Al-Qaeda. If that mental-conditioning happens to our own people, how far would these guys go?

Would they even care about that? I've never met a North Korean soldier, I think it's a huge questioning mark to any western as to how motivated or loyal they are.

As far as we know, they could be suicidal and kamikaze about war and any battle against the west. We have seen that happen in the past, even when people are faced with better life conditions.

During WW2, Russians were invited by the Nazis to join the Nazi effort, using that same tactic. "Come to our side, we have food and shelter, no more cold and no more fighting. We will give you homes". Today we know that the russians gave them the middle finger because they were aware of massacres like in Ukraine, where the Nazis killed almost everyone, although they were nazi-friendly (against Stalin). But most soviets provably didn't knew about it, and still kept fighting, with horrible conditions.

I think we just can hope that these guys do open their eyes, and see what kind of regime they obey to. Let' just hope they are not fanatical, suicidal and so submerged in NK propaganda, that they refuse all the other realities in the world.
edit on 23/4/12 by Tifozi because: typos

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My buddy was stationed on the DMZ several years ago & he said the US troops are just a tripwire on the border. No way they could stop or barely slow dow any invasion from the north & the north has 100,000's of troops sitting on the border waiting to roll. I think Seoul is within 50 miles of the border so they could do serious damge to Seoul before we could get anything over there to stop them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think China will be pretty angry with the new N Korean dictactor. I am sure they will be phoning up the spoilt evil monster and tell him to shut up or prepare for a regime change, ie China takes over which frankly I dont think the rest of the world would mind at this point if it stops a nuclear bang and flash taking place. Still, the UN security council should meet up pretty quickly if one more word like this comes out, I think all world powers would vote for a UN task force to go in and sort things out for once and all. This cannot go on indefinetely.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

If the hordes come across land heading South they will be in for a surprise. Ever heard of ADM (Atomic Demolition Mines). In the Summer the roads are mines and the fields are rice paddys. Tanks can't make it through them. Their only option in the Summer is an beach landing and everybody would see that coming well ahead of time. The only logical time to attack is in the winter when the fields are frozen over. Then they will have to deal with the ADM. Not as easy as people might think. Also if you notice in the Winter, we have war games with the South and usually put two aircraft carriers off the coast while the military deploys to their battle positions. Having a huge army doesn't mean they have that big an advantage when you are faced with the technology of the West. This new insane leader will end up destroying everything his insane family has created. I heard an interview with a NK women who had just graduated from the University. Her major was the leaders family. How insane is this. They give college degrees for studying about the leaders family heritage. She said the system they live under is the best because the people all follow what the leader says. I used to feel sorry for these people, but if they all agree with this new leaders policy of attacking the SK President, then I hope they get what they deserve. This country and Iran has turned me into a warmonger. I'm sick of both of them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

Those mines are nice, but since NK has a history of digging tunnels under the DMZ I’m not sure what use the ADMs might be. My concern would be that NK has tunneled under the SK parliament building or the Blue House (SK presidential residence) and will detonate a bomb under one of those buildings.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jackel0479

Yes the tunnels are a problem and we found the entrance to many of them, but they don't go too far across the DMZ. It would be pretty hard for them to tunnel all the way to Seoul. I think they would have to go about 30 miles to get there after they have made it under the DMZ which is quite a distance, and they would probably be found out. Terrorism will be the real problem. They have came across before and I'm sure they will probably send assasination squads to try to blow up their targets. It concerns me when they say in 2 or 3 seconds they will accomplish their mission. This makes it sound like they are going to use something pretty big. I hope it's not a chemical or biological weapon. If they do that, we can respond with whatever we choose to accomplish our mission. China should be speaking up on this threat, but they are silient as usual. They are no friends of the U.S.as far as I'm concerned. What kind of friend supports Iran, and North Korea?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Little kim is
just postering they do
anything to south korea
they are done... There will be
no stupid hair cutted dictater
anymore. Lil kim has to make sure
he is not seen as weak. His dad has
taught him how to keep a strong arm.

NK tries anything its over for them,
all this is pure crap propaganda
coming from NK. Don't be to worried
they might throw a shell here or there
but nothing more then that.

NK knows there limits and bounds,
NK should of been taken care of long
time ago... Covering up and putting problems
under your pillow does not make it go away..

Taking out NK is the only way to make the world
safe, needs to be done...

The only problem taking out NK
would be the red chinese sends
insurgents secretly couldn't tell
them apart.. It would have to be done
quick and swift and finally a united KOREA would be wonderful.
NO ONE WANTS WAR, but sometimes
you have to get your hands dirty
edit on 23-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Maybe their Dear Leader and our Dear Leader could meet at a dog summit and chew things out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It is time we write little kim a strongly worded letter!

What are they going to do in 3 to 4 minutes? a denial of service attack on the south!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is a DPRK take on the matter, the Norks do seem to be frothing at the mouth heavier than usual.

It may be at the point of a bayonet but they look plenty motivated as well...

Pyongyang, April 23 (KCNA) -- The special operation action group of the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army issued the following notice Monday:

The indignation of the army and people of the DPRK at the group of rat-like Lee Myung Bak is running high.

Shouts "Destroy", "Beat to death" and "Tear to death" are ringing out on this land....

edit on 23-4-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by lives

This is actually a major escalation. In the past we see North Korea constantly threatening to rain nuclear terror down on the South. Its never specific, just rain terror down...

Actually, this was not to be unexpected. The SK President publicly, in view of the fully and thoroughly indoctrinated, closed society of the NK public, "insulted" the "dear leader".

Tens of thousands rallied in Pyongyang last Friday, screaming hatred for Mr Lee and calling for his death over alleged insults during anniversary celebrations held by the North in mid-April.

In order for this to make sense, you have to remember that these are the same people that see neighbors disappear daily, never to return. These are also the same people that saw people "disappeared" for not crying enough when elder Kimmy died.

www.economist.com...

The gulag’s captives are not told of their crimes, though torture usually produces a “confession”—which might admit to defacing an image of the “Great Leader” or listening to a foreign broadcast. There is no defence, trial, judge or sentence, though most inmates remain in the camps for life, unless they escape. They are victims of forced disappearances, in that neighbours, colleagues and distant family members know nothing about the fate of those who vanish.

Whole families are incarcerated at a time. Kim Il Sung, the state’s founding ruler, declared that: “The seed of factionalists or enemies of class, whoever they are, must be eliminated through three generations.” Just as guilt was heritable under the feudal Chosun dynasty, so the Kim regime divides the population into hereditary classes of the “loyal”, “wavering” and “hostile”. The gulag is filled with the third kind, people perceived to be Christian, or from the wrong background, or thought to have insulted the honour of the Kim dynasty.

It's sickening. But the NK military threatening specifically the man the NK public saw "insult" the "dear leader" is not surprising in the least. If one of their people did this, not only would that person be dead but their whole family.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join