It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows "special operations" against South's leader

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

North Korea vows "special operations" against South's leader

www.smh.com.au

North Korea's military has announced it will soon launch "special operations" against South Korea's conservative president, accusing him of insulting Pyongyang's past leaders.

"We announce that special actions by our revolutionary army aimed to crush reckless challenges by the enemy forces will begin soon," said a statement on official media which gave no details of the actions.

"The target of the special actions is the main enemy, Lee Myung-Bak, and his followers, including the conservative
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
8 days ago Kim Jung-un made his first public speech in which he praised his father's "military first" policy. On Friday tens of thousands rallied in Pyongyang screaming hatred for Lee, the South leader, and calling for his death over alleged insults.

Now just hours ago North state TV broke into regular programming to vow "military" special action against Lee and his followers "including conservative media."

I would argue the trilogy of new leadership, public support, and a breaking special anoouncement vow of military action is not good news.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-4-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

This is actually a major escalation. In the past we see North Korea constantly threatening to rain nuclear terror down on the South. Its never specific, just rain terror down...

To actually state they are targeting the the South Korean leader would be enough to violate the cease fire in place since the end of the cold war. Based on the actions over the last 2 years, from the sinking of a S. Korean naval vessel (NK denies) to shelling of islands on the West Coast by North Korean military (they claim the islands), the people of S. Korea demanded action, and the defense minister at the time was forced to resign.

North Korea is making it easier for the South to justify military actions against the North as well as inciting the South Korean people to line up behind the government and support actions against the North.

Its bad enough having a senile old man who thinks he is a God running the country.. Its worse when the replacement is the same except 25 +/- years younger with something to prove.

So I guess the question is how long until the cease fire is broken and war resumes?
edit on 23-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
True, but the South are desperately trying to save themselves from going to war with NK.
No one wants to do it, NK are reckless enough to send hundreds of thousands of men into their deaths, for WHAT?

South knows it will be a bloody, costly campaign and in the end they wont have the strength or men to conquer North Korea and it will be very costly simply holding them back.

The South will appease in every way possible until there is no other option.

I mean, the North torpedoed and sunk a South Naval vessel.
The north fired artillery down on a helpless island town.
They've tested nukes, missiles all sorts against the strict demands of the South and its allies.

.. yet the south does nothing!

Im not saying they are cowards, they are definitely doing the right thing.. I just wish the North realized that they are making themselves look like idiots, not a strong honorable nation.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

rom the sinking of a S. Korean naval vessel (NK denies) to shelling of islands on the West Coast by North Korean military (they claim the islands), the people of S. Korea demanded action, and the defense minister at the time was forced to resign.

And we should believe the CFR sellout Hillary Clinton claims that it was the North Korea who sink the naval vessel because? for all we know it could have been a False flag.

Even though NK is a Nutcase nation still i dont believe anymore on what the western sources say.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I agree with what both of you have said but I think it's extremely important to emphasize that, other than the name of the country, this situation does not add up to the rhetorical empty threats we've become so accustomed to.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

yeah, thats true. They dont often single out something specific...

So, lets see what happens?

I'm willing to put a $50 on 6 months later the south korean leader is still.. the south korean leader..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Meh! All talk and no action.

Did you see how many days it took to set up that petrol filled toilet roll they call a "Rocket"?

Oh no!!! Don't rain down terror on us Kim!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

All they have to do is with-hold rations from their soldiers for a few days, point across the border, and say: "Your next meal is over there."

Those crazy people will sprint single-file across the mine-infested DMZ (or come storming through one of those surreal tunnels they were digging... leaving behind painted rocks so they could try and claim they were mining coal... it's almost cute how they did that).

The terrain over there is optimal for infantry tactics - and North Korea has a #-ton of soldiers.

South Korea could hold their own - but would likely require us to mobilize surface/naval fire support and infantry assets to make it a decisive battle.

That's presuming the North Koreans are as dedicated and motivated as they appear. They may flip right the hell out when they see the flat screen TVs in the open markets below the modern apartments. Some might go into catatonic shock while others start searching for the immigration office to apply.

Kind of hard to tell what will happen with that lot.

In either case - they are a credible threat to South Korea even if they come only armed with sticks and stones. There are just so damned many of them in that conscript army of Kim's.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Can you imagine it? Walking into a real city WITH LIGHTS! SHOPS! BARS! WOMEN! I would down tools, strip, buy a t-shirt and say annyǒnghi kaseyo M F's!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I really did enjoy their language. It literally sounds like a logical mix of the hard Chinese consonants with the soft slurs of Japanese. I remember spending the first few days I was there cross-referencing their written language with the sounds each represented ... until I found a book store... Still - I got through the majority of the alphabet (though I still couldn't figure out exactly what the formula was for creating the compound characters).

I could do without the parking/driving scheme there, though. I used to wonder why the sidewalks were so wide until I went down a street with cars parked down the middle and cars about to run me over on the sidewalk. I made like a Korean and walked in the middle of the road. I thought the flight deck was a dangerous place....

Anyway - it really is hard to tell what North Korea will actually end up doing... both at the strategic level and at the individual level of each soldier. They have been raised to believe some pretty crazy stuff, living in nearly complete isolation from other countries.

The psychological case study research that could come out of a North Korean invasion would be very, very interesting to review.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Xcathdra

rom the sinking of a S. Korean naval vessel (NK denies) to shelling of islands on the West Coast by North Korean military (they claim the islands), the people of S. Korea demanded action, and the defense minister at the time was forced to resign.

And we should believe the CFR sellout Hillary Clinton claims that it was the North Korea who sink the naval vessel because? for all we know it could have been a False flag.

Even though NK is a Nutcase nation still i dont believe anymore on what the western sources say.

Yes of course. Why would you. I on the other hand only believe what Emperor Supreme Commander Kim Jong-Un tells me when he interrupts my normally scheduled broadcast of state media.

Only then do I know I am receiving the truth!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Honestly the news media should be banned from publicizing anything North Korea does until something actually happens. Does anyone really care anymore? Every time i see a post with NK in the title i don't even bother to read it anymore. Except this one of course lol

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

I know this seems insane, but... I would welcome anything that resolves the NK issue. I honestly don't know why we, the West, haven't dealt with NK, and yes I mean militarily, preferably covertly, already.

I can't actually imagine how things could be worse for the PEOPLE of NK.

The last thing I want is a war, esp a nuclear one, but NK is wildly incompetent, and I genuinely believe that we as humanity should not allow this sort of thing to exist, on this scale, for this long.

I am typically against most military adventurism, but the scope of human tragedy in NK is just beyond anything imaginable.

So yeah, if NK starts trying to escalate # against SK, lets help SK deal with this #.. once and for all.

--

It should be noted I just read this:

North Korea is #ing Awful

Such a sad desperate pathetic existence...

edit on 23-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by lives

I know this seems insane, but... I would welcome anything that resolves the NK issue. I honestly don't know why we, the West, haven't dealt with NK, and yes I mean militarily, preferably covertly, already.

because their benefactor is china.

if you want to deal with NK, you are forced to deal with china at the same time.
taking down china...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I actually don't believe that. I think that China finds NK to be a net negative, at this point

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The way I see it, is North Korea are now at the point where they must make a choice about how they are to proceed. They can either continue to increase the strength of thier speech, and actually make a move on the South Korea border, or withdraw any potential threat to the South, and begin the process of freeing thier own people.

The reason I say this is, that China may well be a supporter of North Korea, but the situation there is a thorn in China's side as much as anyone elses. China is, at the moment, a very wealthy nation, in terms of its share of industry world wide, and in terms of the sheer number of services and goods it produces, and the number of nations it has interacted with in economic circles. But that also means that although China is a very powerful political entity, the fact that it is in dialogue with more nations, those that it may wish to retain carefully cultivated business oppertunities in for instance, means that it is a far less immobile nation than it ever has been before.

So although China is still an aegis for NK, it is not the all encompassing shield that it could be, and has been in the past. If anything, China could (ironically) be the route by which the people of North Korea end up eventually free to eat and live without fear. China has become increasingly aware of the effect that public, worldwide opinion of China has on its capacity to do healthy long term business with international companies. It benifits greatly from the amount of debt that it has purchased, along with the slice of the action in the manufacturing and wholesaling markets that they snapped up when western industry hit the skids some years ago now. If North Korea got seriously heavy handed about things, it would make China look bad, and although its government could not give a fig what they look like to westerners, the Chinese government WILL take note of the inevitable drop in thier revenues, as companies get out where they can, or seek to redeploy assets in a less contraversial location.

You see, theres a domino effect in the making here. North Korea screws South Korea, China gets businesses pull out, and international attention shifts right back to THIER appalling record on human rights while the whole world goes " HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THIS!!!!??". Meanwhile China's competitors for shipping contracts, building contracts, manufacturing and all that, will be swarming any voids left by those less "steadfast" supporters of the Chinese expansion. This will mean that the Chinese government will have thier hands full, as well as having an earful from the UN and its affiliates.

Exposure to western trade has made China a very strong feature on the economic stage, but in terms of its foriegn policy, it has exposed itself to leverage that could not have previously been applied to it.

North Korea, at this point, are seeking to act in a manner which benifits NO ONE, and all the potential allies they have can see this clear as day. The truth is that attacking South Korea at this stage will see North Korea and its billions of inhabitants faced with the massed military capacity of more than half the world, plus the UN, which will have a clear mandate to act for peace, no matter how many explosions have to happen to bring that peace.

This is not a sign that North Korea is ready to go to war. This is a sign that North Korea is ready to commit suidice.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Spot on.

I think NK is potentially about to change dramatically and possibly destabilise.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

The only problem with your "false flag" idea is that the South did not respond...

False Flags are usually used to justify an action against an enemy...they are an excuse that can be used to say, "We are only retaliating against the people who did a bad things to us."

And if you might think that this would be done to tarnish the image of NK...I hardly think SK needs to sink one of its own ships and kill 46 of its own guys, to accomplish this. All they have to do is rebroadcast NK's daily looney proclamations.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Are we sure his father is dead?

No really, whats with all the lame "you insult me so Im going to send thousands to their deaths" type attitudes within all of the world governments?

Childish. Wars are started because of children, like Un.

"you called me daddy names, off with your heads"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join