It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally decided to join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hello, guys. I'm another one who's been lurking for years, and finally decided to join. I'm into politics, though I suppose I wouldn't bring anything different to the table; ATS has usually been comprised of intellects, one of which I am not. But I absolutely hate being "that guy" for repeating the previous 20 replies.
I believe I'm the only one, though. I say that because it happens in most threads, and no one seems to notice/care. So, that leads me to suspect some problem in my thinking.

I have read some amazing threads by some of you. Threads that look like they take days to compile. It's insane, the intelligence of some at ATS. I've enjoyed the philosophical subjects as well. I do not foresee my participation in much that goes on here; parroting is more or less for the "look at me" people. I only hope to add quality to the discussion, as everyone here surely knows what a derailed thread looks like. And being that I am not a jack of all trades as some here are, that will limit my input.

I mostly come here for the New Topics and Top Topics, although I'll venture into a 11 hour reading/researching session if I have the time. HAHA There were many threads that were almost "that one" that made me make an account to reply. lol Well, I look forward to the lack of ads, at least. Or does that have no bearing on being signed in? Maybe I should read more rules. Anyway, I am glad to be here.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

If you enjoy reading fiction, check out the forums... uh, erm... I mean check out the short stories forum.

There are some great writing contests that take place. and sometimes reading some actual fiction is a nice break from all the craziness you might find in the other forums.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS OceansOfGrey..Hope to see you in the main forums ..Your going to love it here

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thank you, I will be doing that seeing as how ATS can get me pounding my keyboard at times.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Welcome to ATS OceansOfGrey..Hope to see you in the main forums ..Your going to love it here

peace,sugarcookie1

Did you bring the new poster a sugar cookie, sugarcookie?

Did you?

Diiiiiid yoooooou?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

peace,sugarcookie1

Thank you, and isn't it great without all the ads??? I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my loc. and age and all that. I should be adjusting that soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OceansOfGrey

peace,sugarcookie1

Thank you, and isn't it great without all the ads??? I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my loc. and age and all that. I should be adjusting that soon.

Click:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by OceansOfGrey

peace,sugarcookie1

Click:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I figured it out. I really dig the layout of the site when logged in. After years of looking at a ton of ads, this is refreshing.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Of course thats why im here to hand out cookies to the new members..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Nice to make your acquaintance Oceans of Grey.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega man
Nice to make your acquaintance Oceans of Grey.

Thank you. It's nice to meet you, as well. After I get my 20 posts, I'll start a thread about my situation since the beginning of Dec. 2011. Certainly nothing profound or exciting, but I would like to share.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, it's about time!

Welcome to ATS from some one who made the choice to join quite a while ago.

I look forward to seeing your many contributions to ATS. After you get your 20 posts feel free to send me a U2U if you need anything. Always happy to help out.

Peace and love

GST

edit on 23-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well, it's about time!

Welcome to ATS from some one who made the choice to join quite a while ago.

I look forward to seeing your many contributions to ATS. After you get your 20 posts feel free to send me a U2U if you need anything. Always happy to help out.

Peace and love

GST

edit on 23-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Thank you. If I need any help, I will certainly do that. I believe the hardest part for me would be getting the 20 posts!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
*Waves Hi!*

Enjoy your stay! Looking forward to reading more from you.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OceansOfGrey

Welcome to ATS buddy, can't wait to see you on the boards

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
*Waves Hi!*

Enjoy your stay! Looking forward to reading more from you.

peace

I don't know why I never joined. I'll mostly be reading and researching. That's what I like to do, and this site has always given me plenty of that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome OceansOfGrey

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join