It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Created the New World Order [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Breaking News

"Hey Daddy." A quiet voice from under the pillow trickled out, muffled by layers of down.

"Your back!" The voice exclaimed.

"I am, and is that any way to greet me, underneath the covers like that? How am I supposed to even know it's you I'm talking to Angela?"

"It's me Daddy, it's me!" The girl shouted, and throw the pillow onto the floor.

Joseph Reinhold was home.

-----------

The Next Morning

-----------

"Did you see your picture in the paper this morning?" asked Judith Reinhold, a middle aged woman with five gray hairs that broke her bangs into three pieces.

"I wonder what they did with it, superimpose horns on my head?" Joseph grumbled, flicking his cereal back and forth across the bowl with a silver spoon.

"Well dear, I actually think you look quite handsome in the picture. It's from when you flew the helicopter to Prague to finish negotiations for the-."

Joseph slammed the spoon onto the table. It bounced twice before teetering the edge of the table and ringing off the onyx floor.

"I don't want to hear about the WRO. I've left it... I've left my work, I've left my dream, and all I ask is that you let me walk away in peace. Without being reminded about it at home!"

His voice caused a shrill silence in the room. Broken as his feet dragged along the shiny stone floors, fading as he entered his den.

"I really do think he looks handsome in this picture." Judith muttered to herself, tossing the digital newspaper back on the table.

"Angela, come down and have breakfast." She shouted.

-----------

Later That Evening

-----------

Judith finished watering her daylilies. She knew it was better to water in the morning but because of their disease resilience she often used this fact as exception for the plants. She wished to do anything besides climb into bed with her husband. Deep down there was an urge to console him, to caress him and love him and hopefully everything would be better.

But it was hopeless.

There was something in Jospeh’s eyes telling her she could not fix it this time. There was something more to the situation than he was letting on. He would not confide in her though. Her intuition told her. Something was very wrong.

She put away the watering cups and poured a glass of milk. Her feet treaded up the stairs heavy and slow. The bedroom door creaked open.

“I brought you some milk.” She said.

Joseph’s eyes were blankly staring at a film on the wall which normally broadcasted their television channels.

“It’s not on.” She added, referring to the TV.”

The bed was still.

“I’m going to talk to you about it Judith. Just give me some time.” Joseph sighed, feeling the uneasiness in the air. “Just let me think it all over and process what’s happening. Then I will tell you like I always do.”

Judith’s husband rolled to the side and his eyes clenched tight.

The milk was warm in her hand.

----------

A Few Months Later

-----------

A hot blast of coffee splattered along the breakfast table. A steady stream poured down the side of Joseph's mug and burned his hand. He paid little attention though. His eyes were fixated on a digital news article:

"Rezoning entire states! Places larger than a nation!" He belted from his seated posture.

Judith came running down the stairs in terror.

"What's wrong?" She demanded. "You're giving Angela a fright for heaven's sake."

Her lanky body rested against the breakfast room's doorway.

"Look." Joseph explained, holding out the reading pad in his hands:

"And look at this Judith." He sang like a madman. "Look at this! Do you see this? They are going to build the new WRO headquarters in Northern China. China allows a toxic dump in their southern states, and mysteriously they get to host the new center of world power in the north."

Judith stared blankly at the screen displaying the project.

"I'm going to be sick." Joseph proclaimed.

Relocating the entire world’s chemical manufacturing and processing to one isolated area. It would become a wasteland. The idea tore through Joseph's nerve endings like third degree burns. Burns that would make the sting of his hot coffee seem like a dust of a feather.

edit on 23-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
-----------
A Few Months Later
----------

The morning air in spring almost emptied the worry out of Joseph’s soul. A brisk walk kept his blood pressure low and gave him a pleasant start to the day but every time the walk ended, he worried about what he might read in the paper shortly afterward.

When he walked into the house, fears were met with a terrible revelation.

Judith stood in the kitchen red eyed and angry: A blood-toned face that showed no sign of mercy.

“You tell me about it all right now Joseph.” She blurted out. “Your former aide is dead and I want to know why you act so scared all the time. I want to know why you aren’t acting like yourself. And why the organization you created to solve the world’s problems is behaving like the most evil thing ever created.”

Joseph crumpled through the entryway into the kitchen and pressed his back on the fridge, holding the news story in his hand.

“It says she was going to be prosecuted criminally Joseph. Explain to me why she would be prosecuted for a crime!” Judith’s arms shook and her conviction stayed strong.

“If I tell you about it, you’re going to be sickened Judith. It all came about when Nancy overheard two other aides speaking in the washroom. She was intrigued and flabbergasted by what they had said so against my will she installed a listening device on one of the aides a few days later. What she heard after shocked her beyond belief; she wished to risk her career to get to the bottom of it. And she did this all out of loyalty to me. All because she believe in the same dream that I had. It’s my fault she’s dead.”

“You’re not making sense Joseph. You haven’t even explained to me what she said. You need to come clean, seriously! It’s like you are speaking in riddles.”

“Nancy Parello gave her life for me, it is pretty clear now. I didn’t see it at the time but now it all makes sense. It started with Spears and his friends from his days at university. They had this whole thing planned out. They concocted it with their overseers, the generations of businessmen that were mentors to them. Every global meeting behind closed doors they elaborated on their plan.”

“You’re still not making sense.” Judith exclaimed.

“I was a puppet! I was a figurehead Judith. All my years at the UN, and all my years in business was for but one thing. My credentials as a world leader were usurped by Spears to run his agenda to take over the world. They needed me to create the WRO because I had a clean background, because I had things they didn’t, like respect for human life. Do you not see it? That is what Nancy had uncovered with those tapes. That is why she died. It wasn’t an accident. She was murdered!”

Judith wept silently.

“I tried to warn Nancy.” Joseph grabbed his wife by the arms, “I tried to tell her to stay away from all this. They came to me and threatened me. It was Nancy’s public warning which got me expelled from the WRO. Once people heard what she was saying Spear’s group came to me and in clear terms outlined that you and Angela would be dead if I didn’t cooperate. They told me to resign, to return home and stay out of the spotlight forever. I did it because I love my family, and I wanted to be here for you no matter what.”

Angela came running through the door with a piece of paper in her hand. "Mommy, mommy, I found something for you on the door. It looks kinda impor----tant."

The mother's face took on a new level of shock. As if the day couldn't grow any stranger. As if the bleakness couldn't grow any stronger.

In her hands, she read:

“You did it to protect us.” Judith whimpered to her husband.

“But how can you be protected in this new world Judith? I don’t even know.”

His eyes closed with the eviction burned into his retinas.

----------
One Week Later.
----------

“Up you go kiddo.” Joseph held Angela’s hand helping her onto the train. “Don’t forget Mommy!” He shouted, looking behind.

The Reinhold family settled themselves into their seats.

Angela’s feet flapped back and forth because they were too short to reach the floor.

“Where are we going Daddy?” She asked.

“We’re going to the west coast darling.” Her father replied.

“But whyyyy Daddy. Why are we moving? I don’t want to move.”

“Because darling, we are going to live in the place where all the other people like us are going to live. And people that aren’t like us are going to live where we lived. That way, everyone will get along.”

"Are my friends from school coming Daddy?"

"Some of them." Joseph replied, "Some of them..."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Latest entry into the Ruler of the World Writing Contest.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This is extremely well written.

Could be the beginning of a great underground resistance novel, and something great.

S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks Templar. This one was a pain to put together so I don't know if it will ever see more added to it.
The newspaper clippings especially.

I'm not sure, but sometimes I worry the quick ones you jot down in 10-20 minutes are more fulfilling.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually I was almost going to ask how the newspaper clippings were done, but sometimes it's best not to ask a magician how his tricks are done hey...

Sometimes the off-the-cuff writings are the best IMO. I have done some of my greatest work by freeing the mind and putting hands to a keyboard, and just seeing what comes out the other side.

For me, a good story is one where you feel you are standing there, next to those in it, actually living the storyline alongside them. This story did that for me, so well done is in order.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well done again,B.

I like the use of "Newspaper" reporting.

Old Nancy sleeping behind the wheel,and the report that "foul play" was ruled out? So NWO...........

S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's nice how quickly they came to that conclusion too...

new topics

top topics

join