It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul won Minnesota

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Am i really first here with this?

Also apparently Colorado

All the CD conventions have concluded and Paul has won 20 out of the 24 delegate slots at stake and nearly all of the alternates.

Ron Paul (R-Tex) continued to display strong support among Minnesota Republicans as his Presidential campaign won more delegate slots at Congressional District conventions held Saturday across the state. Paul's campaign swept all the delegate and alternate slots in Congressional District No. 2, which is the south metro suburbs and CD 4 which is St. Paul, Ramsey County and the east metro. Paul's forces also won two delegate slots each in CD 1, which is southern Minnesota and CD 8 which is northern Minnesota.

Ah, delegate math for theoretical future votes.

www.piercecountyherald.com...

2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul achieved consequential delegate wins in Colorado and Minnesota today, affirming his delegate-attainment strategy and auguring a prominent role for Paul at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. In Minnesota, Ron Paul supporters swept the three district conventions that occurred today, winning nine of nine delegates to the national convention. Minnesota is set to hold more such conventions next week. Continue reading on Examiner.com Ron Paul wins Minnesota, Colorado delegates to Republican National Convention - Wilmington Elections 2012 | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Pretty sure those Minnesota ones are non-binding votes, though. But it gives him more power at the convention, potentially.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It is a small step in a long journey for him, but it certainly gives me hope !

Ron Paul 2012.

S&F

edit on 23-4-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think even shills must be getting nervous now as I've noticed that their appearance in these threads is dwindling!
There is no stopping R.P. and the people now! Steamrollin ourway to the Whitehouse!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Maybe someone can explain this to me. I just saw this on a news update, but then I remembered Rick Santorum won Minnesota in February when they voted.

So does this mean those delegates have said they will now vote Paul? I am having trouble making sense of this.

ETA:

best answer internet had: (thx reddit) ". (I am a Ron Paul-supporter and am a GOP delegate in my congressional district) Every one of Ron Paul's 20 delegates were Ron Paul supporters from the start of this primary effort. Kind of hard to explain, but that's how we know those 20 delegates are Ron Paul delegates. In fact, the 2 delegates listed as Santorum's will most likely end up supporting Paul at the RNC. There is no primary in MN. It is a caucus state. The vote that Santorum won was a straw poll. No delegates were awarded based on the results of that vote, and no 2012 RNC delegates even existed until months after that straw poll. After people come cast their vote in the straw poll, the (very) large majority go home, while the few, passionate, dedicated supporters of a particular candidate stick around to run for delegate seats within their precincts. Very few Santorum, Romney, or Gingrich supporters did this, relative to the number of RPers who did, thus winning the state through organization and great grassroots efforts."

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
And he also won Iowa, Maine, Washington and prolly many more states in terms of delegates, but you won't hear about that either.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am a big Ron Paul fan, but I just don't see how people are saying he might just win it.

This webpage shows the delegates poll to the right. Romney has over half of the necessary delegates to win. Paul only has a tenth of what Romney has.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.
edit on 23-4-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo
[

One answer is a lot of the delegates haven't even been picked yet. They were saying Romney had won all the delegates in Iowa when none of them have been chosen. The MSM has been doing this the entire time. There is no official count at least not yet. Ron Paul supporters took Iowa Saturday as well. Central committee , nomination committee, platform committee right down the list. There will be many more states to follow.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I am a big Ron Paul fan, but I just don't see how people are saying he might just win it.

This webpage shows the delegates poll to the right. Romney has over half of the necessary delegates to win. Paul only has a tenth of what Romney has.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.
edit on 23-4-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

I hope I can clarify. Those delegates awards are based off Primary and Caucus results, but those results are not binding in most of the states. Some, like Florida, are 100% binding, some are 50% binding, some are not binding at all.

So, those delegate figures the MSM is reporting based off Caucus and Primary results could be skewed in Romney's favor. They also make a lot of assumptions in those numbers, like assuming as candidates drop out their delegates go to the leading candidate, that is not true either.

Ron Paul's campaign has put a lot of effort into wooing delegates, and his campaign reports they have had a lot of success, and they claim to have a lot of delegates committed to voting for him at the primary, even though the state caucus may have voted for Romney.

I guess we'll wait and see.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The way that I understand the non-bonded delegates is this:

Say you are a team captain and you and 3 other captains are picking guys for your street basketball team. Before each round of picks the captains play paper, rock, sissors. Each PRS game detirmines how many picks you get per round. Romney wins the vast majority of the PRS games, so he gets a vastly larger team then any other captain. To an observer of all this, it looks as if Romney (team captain) will win because his team has alot more players than any other captain. ......But the secret is that almost everyone of the players that romney has picked are all Ron Pauls buddies and will throw the game in his favor no matter if they're playing on Pauls team or not.

Hope this helps.......or I could have it totally wrong.

+57 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am a delegate in Southern MN; I was at the CD1 convention this past Saturday (all ~ 18 hours of it ;-). People, the change IS happening. The media is NOT reporting the truth; for our congressional district we elected 2 of 3 delegates (and 2 of 3 alternates) that are avid Ron Paul supporters. This happened ALL across the state (20 of 24 overall total delegates with the State convention in 3 weeks that will send 13 delegates).

How did we do this? We planned and stood together; we all new who to vote for and when to do it. The room was FULL of Ron Paul supporters. I didn't see a single Romney t-shirt, sign, or flier about him. Approx. 20 people ran to be a National Delegate. Of which 8 - 10 delcared they were Paul supporters.

The republican party is changing; and I think they know it. The shift is happening and I think they know they can't really do anything about it. When at the convention I was asked by an older gentleman "Who do you support for President?" I calmy responded "Ron Paul". He does a double take and responds "Ohh, you don't look like a Ron Paul supporter". Young and old the room was dominated with the actual true change that people want. Romney is nothing but the same, and they know it.

Even if this election doesn't culminate in a Ron Paul nomination; we are still here and we will keep changing the overall thinking of the Republican party. We are not the "crazy Ron Paul people hiding in the weeds". We are getting invloved; running for (and winning) local elected positions. Running for (and winning) important positions within the Republican party. It may not happen with a quick "bang" but we are changing the party. The "old guard" knows it and will either accept it and change quickly or die off slowly and we will take over with a voice of reason and get back to what our Founding fathers and the Constitution is about; Liberty.

I made a decision this past December to get off the couch and make a difference; quit complaining. So I did; and I am going to make a difference. Along with the other thousands, tens of thousands, and millions of people who are sick and tired of being told what to do by our government. It is here and it is coming......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CORN IS NUTS

That is very encouraging!!

Keep up the Great Work!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CORN IS NUTS

If I could just nhold down the star button for you, I would. Thats great!!

I didnt look into what the responsibilities for what it took to become a delegate, mainly because I travel around the country weekly and I doubt if I had to be in a certain place at a certain time, that I would be able to meet that obligation.

So thank you for doing what needs to be done.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul win and yet again his victory is ignored by the mainstream media

According to Ron's delegates strategy, he is certain to win the second round voting at the convention

What many peoples don't realise is once Newt and Rick endorses Ron Paul, he will actually have more delegates than Ronmey, when that happen, Ron will be the nominee even before the convention

Ron vs Obama 2012

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure if Slate is 'mainstream', but Dave Weigel has a good write-up about it.

That's 20 delegates more than the zero that Paul got from Minnesota in 2008. Keep watching this. The Paul movement spent five years prepping for a guerilla delegate campaign, and they're going to be the last Republicans who refuse to settle for Romney. This was the point of Paul's non-alignment pact with the frontrunner. With Santorum out and Gingrich staggering like an extra in Re-Animator, Paul's movement is free to take over the state contests.

www.slate.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Though delegates are awarded to candidates by popular vote, most delegates are NON-COMMITTED !
The primary delegate count means nothing.
This is why they have a convention, for all the delegates to select their candidate .
What do you think happens to delegates to candidates that drop out of the race, or suspend their campaign ?
Does the front runner get them all ?
Thats why they are non-committed till the convention !

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am so proud of my home state of Minnesota. Woot! (And a big, old tip o' the hat to CORN IS NUTS and the other delegates.)

I thought Santorum had won, but several of you have clarified why that is not the case.

If ever there is proof that certain powers are terrified of RP its got to be the way this is constantly being skewed or under-reported by the media.

This is very good news. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've been following the underground movement to send Ron Paul supporters to the state conventions.

I think the final vote count is going to shock many. 

What most people don't get is the straw vote beauty contest means diddly squat, and that's what being reported in the media. 

Not only is there a Ron Paul revolution going on at the delegate level, there is a GOP revolution going on at the party level. 

New blood is coming into the party to kick out the "grand old" bought and paid for party with the "take the party back" new blood. Take the party back to it's founding principals: "smaller government, support the constitution, and liberty". 

Which is exactly Ron Paul's message.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I think even shills must be getting nervous now as I've noticed that their appearance in these threads is dwindling!
There is no stopping R.P. and the people now! Steamrollin ourway to the Whitehouse!

No one cares about Ron Paul's campaign anymore save for the few that still think he is doing something worth looking at. The only reason I looked at THIS thread was because of a totally misleading title.

It should be against the rules to post a misleading title.. oh.. wait..

EDIT:

I see that the thread is based on conjecture, which isn't against the rules. I concede that point.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
No one cares about Ron Paul's campaign anymore save for the few that still think he is doing something worth looking at. The only reason I looked at THIS thread was because of a totally misleading title.

It should be against the rules to post a misleading title.. oh.. wait..

This coming from the guy that brought us "The World Of Hogwarts Is Real"?

Be honest here...the only reason you came into this thread was to bash RP and his supporters.

You are either completely uneducated to the way this process works and how it's actually going down, or you very well know you're wrong and only come here to further the anti-Paul agenda.

Haters-gonna-Hate

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
But CNN says Santorum won..

www.cnn.com...

=)

Check out my other thread, where it shows Ron will win take Rick's delegates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join