It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Way To Get Rid Of Anger In Texas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I wish I had one of these rooms in my house. This would be a great way to blow off some steam.

Video Description from Youtube:

A woman in Texas has created an "anger room" where, for a price, you can destroy the room's contents to release your anger. Anna Werner reports, then Jeff Glor and Rebecca Jarvis speak with Dr. Jennifer Hartstein about the effectiveness of this service and ways to get out your anger -- productively.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I can't watch the video but thanks for the little excerpt from the video and of course here's a question.

Why encourage/cultivate anger and violence (even if it's just for yourself)? Is that going to really help when you are angry about something/someone and no room to run to, to let off some steam?

Not a good idea for our already troubled world!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Well, Its certainly a different idea from any form of relief I've considered before.
In the real world there is most likely not going to be a supervised anger room for you to unload in....Doesnt seem like something that will sustain in the long run.
Interesting post..Thnx

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Something that I wish I had done, instead of using my own room, with the few holes that I put in. But that was years ago. But now I just go out for long walks till I'm dead beat. Thing is that I wish the thoughts that do make me mad would go away instantly I do not want to hold on to anything that makes me upset. Making an angry room, where you can purposely destroy things. You can easily hurt yourself, and even become more out of control too.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Japan did it ...........

They have these in offices for the Japanese, well not all offices.......but apparently its something they have been doing for years......

Why encourage/cultivate anger and violence (even if it's just for yourself)? Is that going to really help when you are angry about something/someone and no room to run to, to let off some steam? Not a good idea for our already troubled world!

.......I dont see them flipping out and killing people because it "cultivated" anything

Might as well blame video games and movies, arent they worse and more available?
edit on 23-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yeah a lot of companies in Asian countries started putting rooms like these in some of their offices.

Foxconn started doing it after the string of suicides that started to occur because of the stress of the job.

I guess there are worse ways to express your anger...but meditation might work better IMO

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What a brilliant idea for what to do with old crap that is going to the dump anyway.

I don't particularly like to bash things to blow off steam, but I like the business idea.

All they need to add is a full bar.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

It's just a shame the girl cleaning up the mess afterwards is not wearing the same chemical protection equipment that the customers do. There's some nasty chemicals in CRT's.

Also, I'm not quite sure when anger management equalled smashing things to pieces with a baseball bat but as long as no one gets hurt.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
An old Cherokee chief was teaching his grandson about life...

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.

"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

"This same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"

The old chief simply replied,
"The one you feed."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is hardly new. I have seen similar stories through out the years from all over the world. One that is coming to my mind was a place in Italy that would let you smash plates to help with anger. You were charged by the plate, if I recall correctly.

Does it help? I don't see why not, Even psychiatrists will advice to hit a pillow or punching bag when mad, to release said anger. Personally, I would rather talk my issues out and resolve problems in a not so violent manner, but if this works for you,I say go for it...

At least you are not attacking a person or something. And really, it is a brilliant business. If you can find a way to capitalize on peoples who need to release their anger, more power to you.
edit on 23-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sort of reminds me of bartenders or prostitutes though, preying on peoples weakness or misgivings for a profit.
But instead of selling poison or sin, you wouldnt have to offer something that was bad you would be taking advatage of something negative allready inside that person.

dont get me wrong im a licenced bartender myself,I just dont think it would be something ghandi or jesus would stand outside the door and usher people inside to

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sort of reminds me of bartenders or prostitutes though, preying on peoples weakness or misgivings for a profit.
But instead of selling poison or sin, you wouldnt have to offer something that was bad you would be taking advatage of something negative allready inside that person.

dont get me wrong im a licenced bartender myself,I just dont think it would be something ghandi or jesus would stand outside the door and usher people inside to

right instead people who dont know how to vent their frustrations can bottle it up and explode......perhaps someone flying off the handle and snapping on someone .........

Some peoples line of thinking really confounds me sometimes

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm no shrink, but I'd tend to think that in at least some people, letting anger out in a violent could become a habit or a sort of conditioning and could easily extend beyond those four walls. The few times I've punched a wall, kicked something, or thrown something, it really wasn't worth the pain or any of the many other consequences. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

Probably not....But I don't think the person running this thing is claiming to be Jesus or Ghandi....And I don't think anyone is under the impression that they are Jesus or Ghandi either. Just a person looking to make money.

Now, I am not a religious person by any means...But hey, even Jesus got mad and flipped those tables.

Maybe if he had an outlet like this......Well....Maybe he would not have lost his cool on those money changers...Just saying

edit on 24-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

right instead people who dont know how to vent their frustrations can bottle it up and explode......perhaps someone flying off the handle and snapping on someone .........

I am with you, buddy.

I am reminded of the story in which Jesus lost his cool and flipped those tables.(Hell, you could get arrested for that now days) Maybe if he had an outlet for that anger he would not have lost his cool.... Maybe.

( And no, I am not a religious person at all...Just using their own logic against them)
edit on 24-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've suggested for years that people release anger in the car on the way to and from work. No no, not actual road-rage, but screaming with the windows up, and blaring the music if that's your preference.

It works.

I've done this while banging on the roof, or steering wheel for years now.

Only difference is I drive with the windows down, and don't really care of the funny looks I get.

That's an advanced release method. Get comfortable with the windows up method first before trying it unless you're a brave soul as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Adding to the list of things ive done and not proud of would be paying money to destroy a room because it was the only solution to my personal strife.

join