It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refer to the Mage forum for this subject: The gist of all mythical beings/things mentioned above.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Most regard this as myth...But the honest truth is that we are not aware of what our minds are capable or how in tune we can coordinate or minds with the many (differently composed) particles that create the universe. The concept of coordinating our mind and being able to manipulate the fabric of the universe is very much unproven. This concept has been regard as a ludicrous non-acceptable fact, only the blind lead the blind into what is unseen as far as I've seen. My goal is to prove, or perhaps even master to prove, that this is possible through the power of our (currently)unexplainable minds and how the universe is clay that can be accessed by anyone, assuming that there is no higher power (God) with restrictions.

Unexplained:
"Chinese Archeologists" discover fossils of a Dragon like creature www.answersingenesis.org... A real myth proven?
"Bermuta Triangle" (some occurences) Research team developed a theory of the "Atmospheric" quirks as a temporary, perhaps explaination, explaination for the famous disappearances. Ex. is a case where a small radio picked up a transmission that was broadcast 2000 miles away. The transmission was an SOS was explained as a quirk in the Atmosphere that caused the transmission to be picked up from so far away.
"The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" the works of a mad man, dreamer, a genius who was bored and decided to create something, or a true Mage who drew instruction from the Angels of God?
"The Bible" and/or "Torah" (also said to be written through the instruction of God's angels) The Bible works of 5 (if i recall correctly) bored fishermen who had a broad imagination and extremely deep insight about the future? Torah works of a prophet who wanted to be remembered, or help his people?
"The Soul" Is our body, like a battery, alive because of our soul, afterlife? Or do we really only get one chance at life to satisfy our mind?
etc... There are many more phenomenons and true facts that baffle many humans and all have something to do with either: A creator (God etc...), the power of the human mind, or the nature of the Universe (different dimensions or unexplained shifts in reality that result in chance etc...).

My philosophy is if you can prove one extremely skeptical/not believed idea beyond all doubt, then everything will just come together, for obvious reasons.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by DarkChaosTemplar]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh boy oh boy . . . . I'm tempted, I mean, I really am tempted.

But I'll leave this little gem to Theron Dunn or Mirthful.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkChaosTemplar
Unexplained:
"Chinese Archeologists" discover fossils of a Dragon like creature www.answersingenesis.org... A real myth proven?

Erm, you really shouldn't look to "Answers In Genesis" for answers or evidence. The "dragon-like" fossil is only marginally dragon-like (it's ichytheosaur, if memory serves.) The much better model for it is the living saltwater crocodile (since oriental dragons are associated with the water and with the sea in particular.)

"The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" the works of a mad man, dreamer, a genius who was bored and decided to create something, or a true Mage who drew instruction from the Angels of God?

You forgot the third possibility: A forgery written by someone to make money.

"The Bible" and/or "Torah" (also said to be written through the instruction of God's angels) The Bible works of 5 (if i recall correctly) bored fishermen who had a broad imagination and extremely deep insight about the future? Torah works of a prophet who wanted to be remembered, or help his people?

No offense intended here, but you might want to read more about how the Bible was written/put together. The New Testament is a compilation of books that were written in a number of different languages over a period of about 150 years. Your fishermen would have died long before that.

And the Torah wasn't compiled until 70 BC, so it's not going to be the works of a prophet. It's collected manuscripts and there wasn't a general agreement on which should belong to the collection until about 70 BC.

My philosophy is if you can prove one extremely skeptical/not believed idea beyond all doubt, then everything will just come together, for obvious reasons.

I don't think you're going to get one Grand Unified Theory here... but perhaps some more in depth research would lead you to some interesting paths.

join