It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you mistake a kite for a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've got into kiting in a fairly big way over the last couple of years, a thread elsewhere on the forum made me wonder about the possibility that modern kites might easily be mistaken for UFOs.....Take the Benson Airbow for instance:

You know it's a kite now, but if you'd seen it at a distance, maybe partially obscured,.....What would you really have thought?
edit on 22-4-2012 by squarehead666 because: All the usual (S&P, content etc. etc.)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

In answer to your question, it was so good I actually thought I was watching CGI to start with.
In any case, this has to be one of the coolest kites I have ever seen and it seems to react very differently to other kites though I am far from an expert on the things. I had to google, it's not cheap (210 GBP) but the design does look pretty revolutionary and angular, like a stealth bomber.

ETA Forgot link for those who wanted to read a bit more.
Website
No affiliation, it's just cool.

edit on 22/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
you pose a good question, there are fancy kites out there, given the right circumstances< I think a mistake could be made.

I want to see what others say about this, good topic to talk about

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not a lot apparently.....That seems to be quite common on here where the subject under discussion is a matter of fact rather than conjecture.

I'm just so looking forward to be called a 'troll' when one of these things gets posted as a UFO and I attempt to point out that it's actually a kite!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would say yes you can mistake a kite for an ufo, if you can't identify what is flying then it is an ufo.

obviouly if you were watching a kite and thought it was a ufo you would stick around to watch it, maybe not. If you did then eventually you would watch it land and out of curiosity you would venture off to identify it.

If say you went inside to get someone else to witness it and it isn't there when you returned or couldn't find where it landed then you would post a video on here claiming evidence of extraterrestrials :p joking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That's pretty much what I had in mind though.....I should probably have used the term 'flying-saucer; or 'grey-scout-ship' or whatever's currently trendy, but you get my point.

The thing is, the suggestion that an UFO might actually be a kite usually draws howls of derision from the faithful, yet I suspect that a great many people wouldn't have a scooby what various modern kites can actually look like or do.....The days of diamond shaped pieces of cloth with a tail are long gone!

PS - Before I got into kiting I saw a UFO which looked like a glittering diamond rotating in the sky which suddenly dissappeared.....Turns out it was actually the kite used to lift a pollen sampling system. Once the job's done the kite collapses and it just dissapears from view.

edit on 24-4-2012 by squarehead666 because: S&P Several Times

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by squarehead666

"PS - Before I got into kiting I saw a UFO which looked like a glittering diamond rotating in the sky which suddenly dissappeared.....Turns out it was actually the kite used to lift a pollen sampling system. Once the job's done the kite collapses and it just dissapears from view."

Thats interesting to know, I didn't know they used kites like that. Ive seen something like what you described but spherical in shape, maybe it was a kite.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's a stupid lookin kite. I had a dragon kite from Japan that was way better

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not my taste either really.....I prefer these:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Its not only ufo's that people mistake kites for, this bloke caused quite a stir a few years ago. Then again, it was westhoughton so it's to be expected

www.theboltonnews.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join