It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word of the Lord For His Bride in This Hour...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Moses heard God many times, should he have been on meds?

Careful reading of the post before commenting would alleviate this problem.
I said, "hearing voices inside your head".
Moses did not hear voices inside his head, someone outside his head was speaking to him.

Do you not have the Holy Spirit? This isn't a new concept. He speaks all the time if you have Him and listen.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

it's the Word of the Lord, there is no copyright on that, it's intended for the bride. Not much else to say, when reading it He said "Share this now with my bride."
It is the words of these two authors. And it is copyrighted.
It says you can request permission to make a quote to share in a study class. It does not say anything about posting it on the internet without mentioning you copied it from their book, and giving people the impression you wrote it yourself.

So here you have a thread. #3+ members praised God because it was a right now Word for them and an answered prayer. God in His Sovereignty knew this, I say praise God!!!
This fits your general philosophy of the ends justify the means, including murder (in your cult type support for this thing you call Israel).

God speaks all the time. And because you don't hear from God doesn't mean others do not, you can only speak for yourself.
God gives me revelations, and it is a bit presumptuous of you, I feel, for you to somehow assume that God does not speak to me, just not a voice inside my head, which is a symptom of schizophrenia. The reason I mention this is that it has been brought to my attention by a friend of mine that there is a movement called spiritual formation, where now people are taught something similar to eastern style meditation, where the goal is to actually hear voices. We are of the opinion that this sort of thing is only inviting demons in, the sort that Jesus was busy casting out. I would warn against people actually trying to have psychotic type experiences.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

brought to my attention by a friend of mine that there is a movement called spiritual formation, where now people are taught something similar to eastern style meditation, where the goal is to actually hear voices.

Do you have a reference for this, or was that a documentary DVD or what?

edit to add: good old google

The teaching of courses in spiritual formation in Adventist universities and colleges has become a matter of much debate in the last few years. Recently, the Seventh- day Adventist Theological Seminary and Andrews University have been under scrutiny for offering courses in spiritual formation to their students.
. . .
In academic circles the expression spiritual formation is a synonym for spiritual growth toward godly maturity, or the process of Christian discipleship and sanctification. It is unfair and false to state that spiritual formation is evil because it is associated with the writings of Church Fathers, some strands of more recent Roman Catholic thoughts, and some devotional practices of other religions. The intent of spiritual formation is to teach students what Scripture says about living a genuine life of commitment to God, to be open to the convictions of the Holy Spirit, to be regenerated in Christ. Spiritual formation is an academic term used to describe courses or subjects that deal with spiritual development and faith nurture.
www.andrews.edu...

Controversial. The dean stands by it.
edit on 24-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

". . . and some devotional practices of other religions."
Apparently this is the problem part, Hinduism type meditation, and channeling (spiritualism).

Plus, of course, from an Adventist perspective, the Catholicism.
edit on 24-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I guess I'm not in any kind of position to have any decent opinion about Andrews U. Seminary. I would be concerned about them prophesying in the name of Yahweh. Last time I tried that, the result was not pretty at all.

Isn't the OP some sort of prophet for the g.d of Judah? I don't think I should be here.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

There was no Law yet when God made a covenant with Abraham. The Law came after the Exodus in the time of Moses and Aaron some 400 years later. We enter into that covenant by way of our faith. God placed Abraham is a deep sleep and went through the covenant ritual Himself as a pillar of fire, signifying it rested on His faithfulness alone, not mankind's.
You are throwing out little disconnected factoids which in themselves say nothing in particular about the topic, so I don't even know why you bothered to make a comment other than maybe you feel obligated to say something since you started this thread.
Here is what I was commenting on:

Gods covenant with the Jews still holds, and they are still His people,

He doesn't reject them because they reject His son (a majority of them anyway)
I mentioned the covenant through Moses. My main point was on the part about being God's people. I suppose you have no argument about that from the New Testament unless you want to use the terminology from Revelation, I suppose, as being a relation to old Israel when there were actually still twelve tribes. I would say that the fact that there is no twelve tribes is a good indication that whatever sort of special nationality there was back before their demise is no longer in force.
Now of course there is the prophecies concerning the return of The Lord to his people, and that would be explained in the Gospels, for example in Mark 1, where it says John the Baptist was preparing the way for The Lord, as spoken of in the Prophets, where the Lord turns out to be none other than Jesus.
Jesus then sent his disciples out to spread the word to the entire world, and so, if there were some people out there who were of the lost tribes, they would have the same opportunity for the Gospel as the people in the Judea region had.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I guess I'm not in any kind of position to have any decent opinion about Andrews U. Seminary.

My take on the general situation is the introduction of a priest type role for all future pastors and it is being implemented by Jesuits who have been allowed into the Seminary. The idea is to have a mentor who disciplines you, which is exactly what a Catholic priest does, assigns you penance after confession.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

From the Andrews web site, it looks like a Doctoral Program.
I tried to get to a write up on an Adventist forum, and my network connection crashed for about 15 minutes.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yeah, but what can you do? It's going to take the Great Tribulation to drive them to accept Christ collectively as a people. (Hosea 5:15 & Romans chapter 11)
The verse in Hosea is about Ephraim so I don't see that as having to do with anything now or in the future, unless you have some special knowledge about that tribe which no one else has.
Romans 11 has a remark about maybe some Jews being saved through jealosy after seeing the saved gentiles. I don't notice anything about a tribulation. This seems to be a speculative aspect by this belief system you have adopted which really has no substance but is a sort of wishful thinking.
Seeing how you are incapable of defending or even explaining your position, I am venturing into some of the more mainstream proponents of this general philosophy to see if there is any sort of biblical foundation to any of this. But definitely, the way you present it, it is full of holes but I am allowing that you are possibly more the problem that the theory itself.
Right now, what I am thinking is that your particular take comes from a person who takes the most outdated interpretation out there, so perhaps the the reason for the failure in logic and proper biblical exegesis.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

. . . to know where we are on God's prophetic clock look at Israel.

The church founded by Jesus, the one which he said the gates of hell would not prevail against, is spiritual Israel.
You may be thinking of something else which only calls itself Israel. Regardless of you claims, the lost tribes of the old "children of the flesh" (Romans 9:8) Israel have not returned, so obviously the organization merely calling themselves that are not of God but the work of men who are like what Jesus warned about, who seek to take the kingdom by force, so are of their father, the devil.

Next on the clock is the harpazo of the bride . . .
There is no "the harpazo" in the Bible. So this is a made-up sort of thing, especially considering that the word, harpazo, is in Greek, a verb, and not a noun as you try to present it. There is a bride and feast in Revelation but in that book (which I do not endorse) the feast is like the feast of the vultures on the dead which this Marduk character slays from horseback. There is no harpazo connecting the one thing with the other.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No. But apparently killing children in Israel is Allah's will.

You may be thinking of occupied Palestine, where some settlers were killed in an apparent false flag attack done by the Israelis themselves to ruin a possible peace deal, which is the last time I can remember any Israeli children being killed.
Now, you can look at Operation Cast Lead, where the Israelis rolled into Gaza and killed 400 and something Palestinians where the vast majority of the killed were people who had nothing whatsoever to do with any conflict and were just people peacefully going about their normal life, and got gunned down for no apparent reason other than the "crime" of being Palestinians.
And this "Allah" reference is some sort of severe form of bigotry where if anyone is of a religion you do not belong to, then protecting them from crimes against humanity is somehow a religious crime. That would be like saying the Jews were right to crucify Jesus since he was known to have associated with Samaritans, which happens to be one of the charges brought against him, where being with them made him one of them, and thus open to ethnic cleansing.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Do you not have the Holy Spirit? This isn't a new concept. He speaks all the time if you have Him and listen.
God, to you apparently, is a sort of accessory you carry around with you and you own, to make you somehow important in people's eyes.
I don't see any sort of Christian love in your question, but some sort of false pride in your gibberish speaking which apparently leads to other things like hearing voices and imagining you can prophesy and dispense blessings like Jesus did.
God helps me, and this is something I know from experience and this is something that continues on and I have no doubts about it or feel I need some special manifestation to verify. Maybe you think you do. I seriously have my doubts that God works that way, and that when you open yourself up to have something like that, there is a spirit which will jump right in and play a game with you to make you feel satisfied with external evidence, and to ignore the real internal improvements that one should truly be seeking.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

God, to you apparently, is a sort of accessory you carry around with you and you own, to make you somehow important in people's eyes.

I only care about being important in God's eyes. And the Holy Spirit is the seal of our inheritance in Christ Jesus. We're also admonished to live by the Spirit and not by the flesh. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would be given to anyone who asks, just ask.

I don't see any sort of Christian love in your question, but some sort of false pride in your gibberish speaking which apparently leads to other things like hearing voices and imagining you can prophesy and dispense blessings like Jesus did.

I do hear from Him, it's my gift and calling. I didn't want this job, and am still timid when givin the unction to give a Word from the Lord. It's not a good gift to have, most people reject god's Word the same as they did in the OT when the prophets were jailed or running for their lives. And read Mark 16, this is normal operation for Christians. The Holy Spirit and the baptism of the Holy Spirit enables us all for Kingdom ministry.

edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thanks for participating fellas and keeping the thread near the top of the list.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
God is a Trinity. The FATHER send his SON, His Son appeared in the flesh, and now His Holy Spirit lives inside His Sons and daughters. God is three, and we call Him One.

The Father sent the Son, and He came in His Father's Name to reveal the Father to us all. He only was doing the will of the Father, out of love for Him, and love for the Father's children according to the promise.

Again, even if God is a Trinity, he is ONE in the SAME person. So if God sends himself [the Father] down as his son [Jesus], then he sent himself to himself. I don't see why you are arguing semantics.

Ransom to WHOM?

The wages of sin is death -- we are all spiritually dead, and his life paid the ransom. Isn't that the reason he died on the cross? Your answer is self-evident, I reckon.

Have you got 6 months to spare?

Yes.

No, you did not. You showed you have a Cliff Notes version of a false gospel.

I can back it up with scripture. Just give me the version you accept so there is no confusion on which is the one true gospel.

You cannot understand the Spirit, you're spiritually discerned. Ask Father to reveal His Son to you, seek forgiveness for your sins through His blood and sacrifice and you will receive forgiveness and His Holy Spirit, then we can argue doctrine all day like good Christians should do, I might as well argue with a catfish right now.

I have to believe in order to understand the Holy Spirit. How convenient. Do you believe in once saved, always saved? I don't remember which denomination you prescribe to.

LOOK AT THE CROSS WHAT DO YOU SEE?

A plus sign.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Again, even if God is a Trinity, he is ONE in the SAME person. So if God sends himself [the Father] down as his son [Jesus], then he sent himself to himself. I don't see why you are arguing semantics.
The view of the Trinity of the prevailing faction at the end of the great Catholic wars is that it is composed of three equal persons.

The wages of sin is death -- we are all spiritually dead, and his life paid the ransom. Isn't that the reason he died on the cross? Your answer is self-evident, I reckon.
The word "paid" in your sentence is redundant. Jesus is the ransom for many. This is why you have in the Gospel story the High Priest say, "Is it not better that one die to save the many?"

I have to believe in order to understand the Holy Spirit. How convenient. Do you believe in once saved, always saved? I don't remember which denomination you prescribe to.
That is more an argumentational gimmick, and a way to prevent defeat, by saying you (the "unbeliever") can't understand something. I try to be more honest (at least to me, it seems) to tell someone that they believe in a different religion which has no common basis for me to argue in (normally, when the other person is very dogmatic about it), and leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I do hear from Him, it's my gift and calling.

I'm familiar with that spirit but it is not "Holy". It is something you experience when you are at a place where it seems their is a strong presence, such as, for example, a prayer meeting where people are all around you speaking in tongues, and you have heard among these same people, one or two people speaking "prophecy" in a style like a channeler. What I mean is, like you (or the person you are listening doing the channeling) talking as if it was the words of the spirit that are given to you to say, you sort of hear the words in your head, then you say them.
If you at first resisted, then that was the "real" Holy spirit revealing to you, in a more subtle sort of way, that there is something wrong going on here. What sort of convinced me when I had this happen, was the question, "So what is the point, if the only people who hear this already believe this, whatever this spirit is prompting you to say, how does this "help" anyone other than to reinforce this concept that keeps these people coming back to these meetings?"

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60 The view of the Trinity of the prevailing faction at the end of the great Catholic wars is that it is composed of three equal persons.

So are you implying that Christianity is a polytheistic religion?

That is more an argumentational gimmick, and a way to prevent defeat, by saying you (the "unbeliever") can't understand something. I try to be more honest (at least to me, it seems) to tell someone that they believe in a different religion which has no common basis for me to argue in (normally, when the other person is very dogmatic about it), and leave it at that.

I agree. My wife tells me that all the time when we try to have a discussion about religion. To some Christians, it's about being right; but to me it's just about discussing issues I see. I honestly don't see how any Christian is in any position to tell anyone they can't understand the Bible, when there is thousands of different denominations out there with different views and interpretations.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I do hear from Him, it's my gift and calling.

I'm familiar with that spirit but it is not "Holy". It is something you experience when you are at a place where it seems their is a strong presence, such as, for example, a prayer meeting where people are all around you speaking in tongues, and you have heard among these same people, one or two people speaking "prophecy" in a style like a channeler. What I mean is, like you (or the person you are listening doing the channeling) talking as if it was the words of the spirit that are given to you to say, you sort of hear the words in your head, then you say them.
If you at first resisted, then that was the "real" Holy spirit revealing to you, in a more subtle sort of way, that there is something wrong going on here. What sort of convinced me when I had this happen, was the question, "So what is the point, if the only people who hear this already believe this, whatever this spirit is prompting you to say, how does this "help" anyone other than to reinforce this concept that keeps these people coming back to these meetings?"

No thats called "parking lot prophets" thats not Biblical. A real prophecy is given to a person and submitted to the order given in the church. Given to the pastor, then him and the elected elders decided if its from the Lord or not by seeking His council in prayer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Hang tight, j cant do multiple quotes from my cell, ill address your post point by point when I get home tonight. Not ignoring it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join