It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word of the Lord For His Bride in This Hour...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Still waiting for the answer to the question I asked....

The only way to become God's child is to believe that he sent himself as an offering to himself to atone for the sin of a woman for eating a fruit that he said not to eat?

I guess, that's the Atheist straw man/hasty generalization version, but it's sorta gets a D+ for effort.

Gotta start someplace I suppose.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Explain how it's a strawman. If you believe Jesus is God (which I know you do NuT), then yes, he sent himself down to Earth as a human to sacrifice himself to himself to atone for everyone's sins because of the decision that Eve made to eat the fruit she was forbidden from eating.

Not a strawman if it's true. The strawman version is referring to him as a zombie, which I did not. It's not a hasty generalization either because I'm not jumping to conclusions based on insufficient evidence. The evidence is from the Bible itself.
edit on 23-4-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Explain how it's a strawman. If you believe Jesus is God (which I know you do NuT), then yes, he sent himself down to Earth as a human to sacrifice himself to himself to atone for everyone's sins because of the decision that Eve made to eat the fruit she was forbidden from eating.

Not a strawman if it's true. The strawman version is referring to him as a zombie, which I did not. It's not a hasty generalization either because I'm not jumping to conclusions based on insufficient evidence. The evidence is from the Bible itself.

The Father sent the Son. There was no ransom paid. He was slain before the foundation of the world. (Don't ask for the Physics behind that)

What you said was a terrible generalization and a straw man. Look at my profile, for a statement of faith, you can copy/paste that here and critique the actual gospel if you wish to.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I am just reading Romans 11:7 presently, ...ask the band

I seen in movie Jesus said "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"

now that was a cool dude!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Father sent the Son.

Right, God sent himself down to Earth as Jesus in human form.

There was no ransom paid.

His life/blood was the ransom paid for mankind's sins.

He was slain before the foundation of the world. (Don't ask for the Physics behind that)

Not sure I want to know.

What you said was a terrible generalization and a straw man. Look at my profile, for a statement of faith, you can copy/paste that here and critique the actual gospel if you wish to.

No, I just showed you how it's not. I know this will go around in circles as it tends to do with Christians, but it's really a straight forward concept. I'll probably get to your statement of faith later if it becomes relevant.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
you have to ask the band about that... I am just a listener of the tuneage.

I want to be an exorcist

What the hell are you talking about? Can't you just give a simple yes or no to the question I asked instead of being "mysterious".

I don't know

you have to ask those who know how to sing with harmony... that's why I am here too.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I printed out your text with this picture of Jesus and put it on my refrigerator as soon as I read it this morning. That God spoke to your heart and had you post it for his bride is awesome. What a beautiful gift from both of you!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I printed out your text with this picture of Jesus and put it on my refrigerator as soon as I read it this morning. That God spoke to your heart and had you post it for his bride is awesome. What a beautiful gift from both of you!

Amen sister! The Lord gets the glory alone. I've learned a while back when He speaks to MOVE, don't even think about it, the flesh will try and persuade against the Spirit. So happy His Words blessd you like that. Here let me pray for you:

Abba, Father I pray for this sister in Christ , Abba, bless her going in and going out Father, bless her hands, give her wisdom and discernment according to your abundant mercies and graces. Father anoint her eyes to see and her ears to hear the voice and movement of your Holy Spirit. I bless you and praise you for your Words of Comfort and your Joy that surpasses all our understanding. Glory and Praise to you in the Name of your Son Jesus our Lord and Savior, our King, Amen.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by reeferman

I am just reading Romans 11:7 presently, ...ask the band

I seen in movie Jesus said "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"

now that was a cool dude!

Jesus was the baddest of the BAD man, He shut everyone up who tried to test Him. He confounded the wise and revealed Himself to the babes. Those who said they could see He made blind, those who were blind He gave sight to. The Kingdom only works upside down.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

you have to ask the band about that... I am just a listener of the tuneage.

I want to be an exorcist

What the hell are you talking about? Can't you just give a simple yes or no to the question I asked instead of being "mysterious".

I don't know

you have to ask those who know how to sing with harmony... that's why I am here too.

You're speaking to a dead man. Pray for him to have life, to meet THE Life, to seek Him while He can be found.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You're speaking to a dead man. Pray for him to have life, to meet THE Life, to seek Him while He can be found.

That doesn't sound very loving. Shame on you, Jesus wouldn't be proud of that comment! And I'm pretty sure I'm alive; I didn't realize I was missing...

And which link is the statement of faith by chance?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The Father sent the Son.

Right, God sent himself down to Earth as Jesus in human form.

God is a Trinity. The FATHER send his SON, His Son appeared in the flesh, and now His Holy Spirit lives inside His Sons and daughters. God is three, and we call Him One.

The Father sent the Son, and He came in His Father's Name to reveal the Father to us all. He only was doing the will of the Father, out of love for Him, and love for the Father's children according to the promise.

There was no ransom paid.

His life/blood was the ransom paid for mankind's sins.

Ransom to WHOM?

He was slain before the foundation of the world. (Don't ask for the Physics behind that)

Not sure I want to know.

Have you got 6 months to spare?

No, I just showed you how it's not.

No, you did not. You showed you have a Cliff Notes version of a false gospel.

I know this will go around in circles as it tends to do with Christians,

You cannot understand the Spirit, you're spiritually discerned. Ask Father to reveal His Son to you, seek forgiveness for your sins through His blood and sacrifice and you will receive forgiveness and His Holy Spirit, then we can argue doctrine all day like good Christians should do, I might as well argue with a catfish right now.

but it's really a straight forward concept. I'll probably get to your statement of faith later if it becomes relevant.

You'll be waiting forever for that, you are spiritually discerned in this current state. Want to just discuss Chinese? We'll both get on the same page light-years faster doing that.

LOOK AT THE CROSS WHAT DO YOU SEE?

edit on 23-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thank for the beautiful prayer! You are His hands.

Teresa of Avila (1515–1582)

Christ Has No Body

Christ has no body but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
Compassion on this world,
Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,
Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,
Yours are the eyes, you are his body.
Christ has no body now but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
compassion on this world.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.

No attempt at any type of self-glorification, just an awareness of Christ moving within us.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That doesn't sound very loving. Shame on you, Jesus wouldn't be proud of that comment! And I'm pretty sure I'm alive; I didn't realize I was missing...

And which link is the statement of faith by chance?

Your spirit man is dead, just like Adam's died the very day he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Not your flesh and bones.

Not a link, click my name, it's in the comment section of my profile man.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

No attempt at any type of self-glorification, just an awareness of Christ moving within us.

Oh, I know that sister, our body is His temple. His Spirit quickens ours. Amen.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That doesn't sound very loving. Shame on you, Jesus wouldn't be proud of that comment!

I understand what NT is meaning... he was speaking to me upsidedownish.

and I have not read past your post presently.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That doesn't sound very loving. Shame on you, Jesus wouldn't be proud of that comment!

I understand what NT is meaning... he was speaking to me upsidedownish.

and I have not read past your post presently.

Jesus said the same thing basically to Nicodemus. I'm not in fear of a Spiritual spanking for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There was no ransom paid. He was slain before the foundation of the world.
What is it that you are objecting to exactly, the "payment" part? An exchange is built into the term translated as "ransom" so to add "payment" would be redundant. Are you claiming that the lack of the word, payment, means there wasn't any?

He was slain before the foundation of the world.
Not sure what your point is by saying this. Are you trying to say the cross is meaningless?

Look at my profile, for a statement of faith, you can copy/paste that here and critique the actual gospel if you wish to.
A few very general statements, nothing like a "gospel".
edit on 23-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Moses heard God many times, should he have been on meds?

Careful reading of the post before commenting would alleviate this problem.
I said, "hearing voices inside your head".
Moses did not hear voices inside his head, someone outside his head was speaking to him.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Gospel is "good news". It's clearly on that statement of faith.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join