It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazis at The Center of the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a movie title I just noticed coming out.
I've yet to watch it, but, according to the review, it's supposedly pretty good, and not at all cheesy or campy as the title might suggest.

It's listed in the Horror Genre.

Here's a review at a blog that seems to have an appreciation for anything coming out of Asylum Studios:
Nazis at the Center of the Earth

Every now and again, a movie comes along whose very concept generates hype the instant it is heard. So rarely do the films live up to that hype, so rarely do the filmmakers manage to not only fulfill but eclipse that promise, that when a film actually does manage these things, we call it nothing less than a classic. Ladies(?) and gentlemen, Nazis at the Center of the Earth is that film. For real.

Whatever you're expecting, throw it out the window. You're not predicting this one, and I'm not going to spoil a single damn second of it for you. I will say, however, that if you're expecting some sort of throwback camp-fest, you're watching the wrong movie: NATCOTE is a truly tense, gruesome, and disturbing thriller mixing history, perverted science, sci-fi, adventure and that good old Asylum sense of insanity all rolled up into perhaps the most mind-bending 90 minutes the studio has ever produced.

Anyway, as stated before, I have not seen this, so, I can't vouch for the veracity and accuracy of the gratuitous fawning over this film the blog review seems to imply.

I'll get a copy and watch it, and if done any time soon, I'll pop back and post an update with my own review.

If you've seen this already, please, post your impression. If not, feel free to post what you think you'll think.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Jake Busey was awesome in Starship troopers, so I look forward to this film, thx for the posting!

It seems to be interesting, good or a fail, we will see.S
edit on 22-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am excited to see this one.....
Saw it written up a couple of months ago and thought it looked promising.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
heres a clip.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Wow! cool! it looks like it might actually be better than I'm expecting.
Nazis at the center of the Earth under Antarctica, Nazi UFO/Haunebu, Nazi Zombies; pretty much all the fun stuff that's part of the speculative canon of Nazi conspiracy ideas.
Seems all that's missing is the Vril Society, Escaped Hitler, and a few other bits, but, who knows, they might still be in there yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Asylum Films has a habit of riding the backs of bigger films like 20th century fox's The Day the Earth Stood Still,they brough out The Day the Earth Stopped,
Here's some more funny knockoffs by them 18-Year-Old Virgin,3 Musketeers, Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls,American Battleship,AVH: Alien vs. Hunter,I Am Omega.

I wouldn't even bother....

But Jake Busey in it, he was awesome in starship troopers (put your hand on that wall soldier).
edit on 23-4-2012 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When i saw this one i got excited... but then you come with another..
Be scared!!

LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok, so, I've watched Nazis at the Center of the Earth.

On the good side, it's a fun movie and it has it's moments.

On the bad, it's, well, it's really an awful movie. The acting and direction is terrible. The characters aren't very well written. The effects, though decent for a low budget straight to DVD film are decent, but, more lacking than worthwhile.

After watching the film, I felt more disappointed and at a loss for my time than any better for have seeing it.

Iron Sky, as posted above, on the other hand, looks like it's going to be quite very worthwhile and fun.
My problem with Iron Sky being a main stream media big budget Hollywood production is that the movie will bring popularity to cos-playing Nazis more so than people already do.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Haha nice trailer. Reminds me of playing the Battlefield road to rome 1942 game. There is nothing more satisfying than shooting Nazis!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

unless you were born on the other side..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth

When i saw this one i got excited... but then you come with another..
Be scared!!

LOL

Might check this one out. Interesting comment the lady made "all first term presidents get re elected."

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

First their on the moon, now in the center of the Earth? The trailers always look promising, but it will probably end up being like one of those low-budget sci-fi films...

top topics

join