It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they trying to tell us something?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I remember a day last Christmas when almost all the popular UK Freeview channels screened a selection of these films spread across the timeslots without overlap.

We've recently had our fair share of primetime survivalist TV show following Ray Mears and Bear Grylls around deserts and forests showing us how to forage, hunt and construct canoes!

I was so inspired by the amount of free food growing in woodlands, I bought myself a billhook!!

Ray's squirrel trap and fishing with a tin can

Bear Grylls catches a fish and eats it raw.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Conditioning?
All 4 movies promote global "cooperation" in ways that undermine American Sovereignty.
Or it could just be "end of world" theme day.
maybe the programming director was just lazy.

i have to agree lazy programming seems the most logical. yet another person jumping on the apocalypse bandwagon

An apocalypse is probably out of the question, but do you deny that a change is coming and inevitable for us to further our advancement as the human race? Everybody is feeling the change coming, the weird feelings they get about what is to come in the future. This is because of the natural awakening period that is only weeks away. We will all start to find the knowledge which will lead us to a new age of the human race. Question everything you must, but keeping an open mind is just as important. No one can prove to you the details of what is to come, until it has happened, but based on historic evidence and scientific explanations we can theorize what is mst logical and most common throughout the history of all civilizations.

[SNIP]

Mod edit: Removed spam linking to personal blog. Please do not use ATS to advertise without permission.
edit on 4/24/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
EARTH DAY......

4/22/12......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Every day is disaster movie day on FX. They're always playing that stuff. They probably played all the others to lead up to 2012.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I noticed that as well, that FX was playing a lot of End of the World movies. I doubt it has anything to do with trying to warn us, other than trying to keep us on our asses doing nothing but watching over imaginative movies. If the World is going to end like one of those movies, then get rid of your TV and live Life to the fullest, I dont see the world coming to a quick end, unless we go Nuclear or an Earth killing Asteriod or comet., I see the world coming to an end slowly, as we use up our natural resources and fill the atmosphere with toxic gasess, only to cause more cancers and make men and women more and more in fertile in breeding new life, until there is no more

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Conditioning?
All 4 movies promote global "cooperation" in ways that undermine American Sovereignty.

We need to cooperate globally...
It's you who has been conditioned that Americans are the best and everyone else needs to stay out of our business. And really, we're the ones who are butting into other people's business.
We're all the same species.

So you support tyranny and do not believe in sovereignty (national, community, individual)?
That propaganda is working well I see.
To each their own, but I for one will do all I can to stop those like you from enslaving me and mine.
Not sure why you despise freedom so much. Just don't get it.
Globalization is 100% assured tyranny. Guaranteed to support elites and makes slaves out of normal folks. No thanks.
Massive decentralization is the only way forward. Globalization is extremely backwards, unless you are a banker, NGO technocrat or globalist CEO, of course.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lzkaware

The day the earth stood still. About aliens
Armageddon, About an Asteroid
The day after tomorrow- A new Ice age
and 2012- an earthquake, flood movie.

How are these related except that they all deal with displeasureable circumstances?
How is an ice age like an alien invasion ? I know it sounds like the first line of a bad riddle.
I just checked the line up for Nick Jr for tomorrow.
Hours and hours of Dora the Explora and Sponge Bob Square Pants, the Food Network is one cooking show after another, on HGTV, they are decorating houses and planting gardens. Yes they are all trying to tell us something.
Its a great big diverse world and there is something in it for everyone.
Maybe you watch too much tv. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
ITS SPRINGTIME EVERYONE.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveasone2012

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Conditioning?
Or it could just be "end of world" theme day.
maybe the programming director was just lazy.

i have to agree lazy programming seems the most logical. yet another person jumping on the apocalypse bandwagon

An apocalypse is probably out of the question, but do you deny that a change is coming and inevitable for us to further our advancement as the human race? Everybody is feeling the change coming, the weird feelings they get about what is to come in the future. This is because of the natural awakening period that is only weeks away. We will all start to find the knowledge which will lead us to a new age of the human race. Question everything you must, but keeping an open mind is just as important. No one can prove to you the details of what is to come, until it has happened, but based on historic evidence and scientific explanations we can theorize what is mst logical and most common throughout the history of all civilizations.

[SNIP]

Mod edit: Removed spam linking to personal blog. Please do not use ATS to advertise without permission.
edit on 4/24/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

I can and do deny that any change is coming. I deny that people need to awaken. I think we are already awake. Except for the few that tout this nonsense, those people probably are asleep. I deny that any changes are happening to the human race. I am not getting any weird feelings. ( not any that cant be attributed to my hubby doing his great things ooo la la )
I am most certainly part of everybody, yes I am, and I am not feeling what you say everybody is feeling, so you're wrong.
Knowledge comes from study, it is not automatically downloaded to everyones brain via some new age transmission from heaven.
You are correct that no one can prove what you say. You are absolutly correct in that one sentence.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Lifetime Movie network has themed movie days every week.
Tues is Tainted Love, Fridays is pick a flick where the movies are determined by vote on lifetime website.Cant think of the other themes but you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Today, FX is showing Ghost Rider, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, and Wolverine.

What ARE they trying to tell us?!?!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Obviously we need apparently made up super heroes to fight off an apparently made up doomsday.

Either that or FX likes the whole "let's play movies that are all about the same thing, kinda"

I'm going with the former, it's more fun that way.
edit on 4/29/2012 by Flowmaster05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
IMO

The Dark side, call them what you want hasn't got much more time to scare the crap out of people and to believe 'The end of time 21/12/12 is nearly here. There's sooo many people that will believe all these disaster movies are actually a sign for us to believe it will happen.(I actually held some belief myself up until several months ago)

Why is there so many E.T/UFO/and space movies that end in disaster,or the E.T's are evil/ Its because as I said them skinny people know the end of their Power is coming to close and they want to take as many Souls to the evil side by making us believe we are gonna die. I believe a Greater Force is coming which is Light&Love and when they are seen alot of people will believe what their seen and more than likely do something stupid. Not knowing the ships they see are ones of Light.

There are signs everywhere,there in movies,music,strangers conversations,books,deja_vu's coincidences,visions/dreams/thoughts and where there's numbers,,but we have to know they are there and to feel it.

~Alienmindflare~

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe we are all just paying more attention these days, and not missing an opportunity to place more puzzle pieces together. Personally, I believe there is something major that is on the horizon, and perhaps not all that different than what caused mass (near) extinctions in our Earth's past. Perhaps the story of Noah and the Ark is actually an account of one of these mass (near) extinctions and only a few were left to tell the tale. It is interesting to me that the actual numbers in the date December 21, 2012 add up to eight which was the number of human survivors on the Ark. Also, the theory that two suns will appear and somehow trigger the disaster makes sense to me too because direct hits from solar rays could cause all kinds of mayhem. Don't want to appear negative but as far as I can determine, seems humans were placed in charge of taking care of the land and the animals after the "Big Deluge" so if we can not hold up our end of the bargain perhaps all bets are off -

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
OP, you watched five movies in a row? Your couch must have a groove in it the size of a crater on Mars.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Do you still have any doubt that they are trying to tell us something?

Just watch the movie "2012" and pay close attention...

They always are trying to tell us something... Se 911...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atento
Do you still have any doubt that they are trying to tell us something?

Just watch the movie "2012" and pay close attention...

They always are trying to tell us something... Se 911...

No, they're not. They're trying to show movies that share a common theme. Every week is a different theme it seems.

Stop being so paranoid and go enjoy the outdoors or something.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't think it's necessarily "lazy programing" more like opportunistic.

They know more than 1/2 the market share has at least heard of some dooms day prophecies and several point to this year.
So what better way then to help nudge ratings then to play to a subliminal message already circulating.

As far as anyone knowing anything.

From my experience if Hollywood knew anything we would already know.
Everyone would know.
Why do I say this?
I live in the famed "Valley", and know many Hollywood people.
From low level people to mid, to big wigs behind the scenes.
I've even partied with some of the famous actors and I used to bartend on Sunset, and other parts of Hollywood.
The one thing 80+% of Hollywood type people have in common is they can't keep a secret worth a damn.

I don't quite know why this is, but everyone I know from the Hollywood scene can't keep a secret.
As soon as they hear something they are just bursting at the seems to take you aside to a quite place and tell you they know something important, but you must swear not to tell anyone ever.
Some of the secrets are so annoying and boring I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes back so far I have seizures.
Most make me go "eh", or "that's coo"
Some of the secrets are actual secrets that should not be leaked.

So if anyone in the movie/tv industry knew something was up we would all know in short order.
Oh and no, I'm not going to spill secrets to prove I know them

Who knows, something could be up, but Hollywood doesn't know about it that's for sure.

Oh and as far as disaster movies go, and how even the B ones seem to be eerily possible sometimes.
Studios have professors on their payroll from most of the colleges in So Cal.
These Professors had over their latest pet theories/papers, or even Grad Student papers that have the potential to be turned into a disaster movie.
That's why as lame, or out there as all the disaster movies are you can alwayse spot 1 or 2 things that make you go "huh that seems eerily familiar/possible".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join