It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would like to suggest a method I have taken to combat the growing influence of Monsanto in the food market.
Grow and buy only heirloom seeds. That way after your first purchase you can keep harvesting seeds year after year. I know their sphere of influence is much larger and I am maybe takening lets say about $500 dollars out of their pocket in a year that way. But I have also cut back on eating out in restraunts to a level that could be considered very seldom.

Look its really not that hard, look into square foot gardening or the practices of permaculture and you will start to find that gardening doesn't have to be hard tedious work and almost take care of itself. If we stop buying their food and get others to do the same we can start to negate the influence they have gained. I have found that it is as easy as sharing some home grown tomatos in some cases to get someone started in their own gardening experience.

As far as big land farmers go, we can try to talk to them and try and volunteer to work for them if they will start going back to the none GM seeds. It is a long road we will have to walk but it will be worth it and more effective than just talking about it. Oh and I have considered a top bar beehive but have to figure somewhere other than my house since a neighbor I like has an alergic reaction to bee stings that is potentially deadly and would hate to feel responsible for that accident.

Peace and get up and go plant a seed, maybe we can compare harvest.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

"pure evil" you say?? Ah Mon Cherie saton

Monsanto

Key numbers for fiscal year ending August, 2011:
Sales: $11,822.0M
One year growth: 12.6%
Net income: $1,607.0M
Income growth: 44.9%

Officers:
Chairman, President, and CEO: Hugh Grant
EVP and CTO: Robert T. (Robb) Fraley
EVP and Chief Commercial Officer: Brett D. Begemann

Sheist, not hurting, are they??

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Not at all, mon ami.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by matt47274

You are beating your head against the proverbial wall. They have huge machines that cultivate and plant acres at a time. There's not the manpower to do it your way. They deal with LARGE areas. They manipulate the grains that feed the rest of the world.

How long before we get the symptoms the bees already have?

Oh wait. We have enough unnaturally produced diseases already.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Australia is so far untouched by CCD and the native bees are ammune...

That said, I have heard on the grapevine ifrom people I know in a few government organisations whos work relates to NAtural and environmental resources, that some people high up are just now, pushng for a 100% total ban on GMO (including the Canola in WA).

This could be a good thing, unless Monsanto buys "Australia" of course..lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I can tell you from personal experience that Monsanto does not allow a farmer who grew a crop from their seed to rebag it for planting the next year. It violates their technology agreement. If they allowed it, you would have enough seed to plant the next year and would not have to buy their expensive genetically modified seed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We need to Wake up the rest of the wolrd.
I bet all the scientists say, "sorry we got it wrong!"

One day we will have Only One option!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I guess I don't think I am, cause I see the fruits of my labor and you could too.

As far as growing on the big scale, well yeah there would be a lot of work involved, but those machines can plant non-GM seeds. And, the way they have flushed the soil for nutrients they can and will use the sprayers for fertilizer. And as far as the weeds go as dense as they plant as long as you keep up on the weeds for a short period of time for the corn or beans (2 examples) to out pace them at a certain point you can let them go and till them in after picking to add some nutrients back. As far as being impossible, I assure you it's not, It would be long hard days of work, with larger groups of people it can actually go quit fast.

I just don't like to start off saying things are impossible before the idea has been thourghly tested and tried.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

i think its disgusting that this is happening... if there aren't any bees to pollinate the plants then he will be the one to provide the world with seeds.. who wants a world full of GM food stuffs/seeds/plants etc created and sold by Monsanto ? ugh

i surely dont... he is quite possibly one of the most disliked people in the world today - me and some friends were discussing this last night... however our language was alot more flamboyant...!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Monsanto needs to be absolutely punished. If things like this continue to occur, then we will all be under corporate leadership instead of political leadership.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
yup, great and breathing pic i've ever seen. thanks

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join