It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes, results paid for by those who are directly affected by those results...

This article is interesting:
web.archive.org...://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0040005 (can't seem to get this way back machine link to work properly... click quote on this reply and copy the url out of the edit screen, sorry 'bout that)

so is this one:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This sort of interesting stuff doesn't seem to be that prevalent on the net, but it can be dug up with a little bit of tenacity.
edit on 23/4/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Why are you complaining? Hell yeah Capitalism.

Free Market all the way. Poison the people and the Earth, then tell everyone you're doing a good job saving lives. If anyone objects, throw some money around. This is how everything should work right? Better red than dead!

Nice bumper-sticker slogans...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by calnorak

Positive Liberty IS Tyranny. Read some Isiah Berlin.

Why not some Nietzche or Sartre for that matter? It's simply a philosophical construct, as meaningful or meaningless as you need. So you are a liberal and you presuppose a negative definition of liberty, there is the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum ya' know. Read more on the distinctions between capitalism and corporatism...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It is like you say and that makes me sad for all of us. I mean, you kind of hope they would buy this firm so they can get to grips with how not to let this happen again but sadly i suspect you are right in that they have bought it to shut them up.

We should be actively breaking up mega corporations instead of encouraging them. When you are so big, it is very easy to ride roughshod over everybody - it is also very easy to lose sight of the individual. That is actually what i think the problem is with many of these major corporations - they are not evil per say, more they are so big that individuals are reduced to numbers on a balance sheet. It is easy to ride over a number on a spread sheet, not so much when that number has a face you can see.......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If this is whats in the news imagine what is really going on behind the curtain.

A close friend of mine worked for a postal sorting center in his younger days. He worked adjacent to a monsanto lab. He has told me stories of "mists" meandering over from their labs with symptoms and effects that mimic reports of folks describing sodium pentothal. Another is when a friend/colleague went to the security booth in front of monsanto and wanted to talk to someone because of the"mists". They told him to leave or they would call the cops. He went back to the sorting center and was fired 15 minutes later.

It drives me insane that corps like monsanto go unchecked or deliberately unnoticed. Especially when its just as simple as the op. What monsanto has done by buying its possible critics is not new and is done often. Monsanto along with a handful of other entities or agency are sealing the doors of a noble America.

::apologies for the ensuing rant::

I am well convinced that the vision of a healthy, prosperous America for all is far gone. It is not attainable under these conditions we currently live in. We are coming to a fork in the road so very quickly. When we get there, decisions will need to be made post haste. Unfortunately most Americans will go the way of water. They will eagerly walk under the umbrella of well being the govt has to offer, thinking they can then just go back to being falsely free. When they want too. Where they think they have a voice. Where their opinion has weight. Like most Americans think right now. That won't be the case. We here all know it. Once that line is crossed it is over. There is no going back. End Game achieved.

So many founding fathers quotes come to mind right now. Freedom is bloody, best sums it up. Man... this has def ruffled my feathers.

edit on 23-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: just so mad

edit on 23-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: buttons!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
maybe not the rest of the world, but i am nowhere near a shortage of bees here.

i have no problem fixing that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hmm I wonder how many Monsanto employees have quit when they found out for sure that their company is responsible for such atrocious acts.

People always say you can't blame all the employees because they didn't know, or it's only a job... blah blah blah...

Well, looks like they all know now... at that point you decide to leave or keep working for the company -- and if you stay, you ARE the company.

I'll laugh at anyone after this point who says those employees were just doing a job and weren't privy to what the company was doing. Whoever doesn't split now deserves to go down with the company if or when it ever does.

Khar

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You know what this means? It means that Monsanto's stuff is totally not killing the bees. This is all just a coincidence. There is nothing to see here. No reason to associate bee deaths with Monsanto's products. Monsanto totally wants to help the bees. They totally did not buy the bee research firm so they could bury all the data and pay the scientists to say what they want them to say. Way to go Monsanto, good to know they are always looking out for the better good of humanity.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It bugs me that people are so blind (or easily bought) to only see dollar signs and sell out their so-called principles. I PROMISE if monsanto or anyone with any affiliation or even an anon buyer asked to buy my company the answer would be no. Although I guess they probably have some regular looking company buy it first for that very reason. I want to lay a lot of this on the seller but I know for certain the buyer is as shady as they come.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Seriously though, this is the smoking gun and icing on the cake that Monsanto's crap poison products, are in fact, what is causing all the bee colonies to collapse and die. There is no longer a shadow of doubt. One would have to be tremendously naive to think otherwise. The question is, what are we going to do about it? Clearly, Monsanto's executives know damn well what they are doing and what their products cause. Nothing they put out is good, nothing. It is all toxic to everything in nature. So then, what is their end goal? What is the agenda here? Everyone should be asking themselves these questions.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I have been buying NON-GMO and Organic for months now. Support your Farmers! (well the ones that don't sell GMO)...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Something needs to be done about Monsanto. The end justifies the means.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Don't like it?

Take your Arab brethren's lead and march on Congress.

Otherwise, eat up!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

edit on 23-4-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow. What a suprise. Of course I don't expect mainstream media to cover it, why would they when they get paid by ptb to do the opposite?

Monsanto, Microsoft, McDonalds, Walmart = Destroy the world with rapid expansion and total neglect for anything!

Speaking of big companies WHY is it that everytime my computer has problems and I ask ANY mvp for help they either ignore me or give me lousy answers? "Yeah just format your hard disk and reinstall everything." #tards!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

CCD has been occurring since 2006.

Incorporated in 2007, Beeologics was Incorporated in 2007, Beeologics was founded upon many years of research conducted by some of the world's leading scientists. . This unique integration of diversified talent and progress toward achieving its mission has enabled Beeologics to quickly command worldwide attention

Bold Mine. The company founded AFTER many years of research. They incorporate the year AFTER CCD is diagnosed? Is there a co-incidence here?

Bought in 2011, by Monsanto.

ST. LOUIS, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) today announced it has acquired Beeologics, which researches and develops biological tools to provide targeted control of pests and diseases. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Link

Beelogics seems to think, and has for some time, that the most likely avenue for research is this Israeli acute paralysis virus, and not pesticides.

It's much worse than that.

Beeologics is developing a line of RNAi-based products to specifically address the long-term well being of the bees.

What products are these? Remebee and RemebeePro.

Based on RNAi technology, Remebee's active ingredients are dsRNA formulated to silence Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus (IAPV). It is delivered in feed and sustains colony health in the presence of the virus. Product Properties: • Potent protection from Israel Acute Paralysis Virus (IAPV) • Potentially applicable to other bee viruses • Inherent robustness precludes the possibility of the virus breaking resistance • Extreme specificity and no toxicity • No residues in honey bees or honey
Source.

So what is dsRna?

Double-stranded RNA Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) is RNA with two complementary strands, similar to the DNA found in all cells. dsRNA forms the genetic material of some viruses (double-stranded RNA viruses). Double-stranded RNA such as viral RNA or siRNA can trigger RNA interference in eukaryotes, as well as interferon response in vertebrates.
Source.

Looks like Beeologics does it's own genetic tampering. Holy crap!

Monsanto tampers with the grain, Beeologics tampers with the bees. Two peas in a pod.

In the process of researching CCD, (I am an apiarist, and an organic one), I have discovered a new theory for CCD. It has to do with this premise:

"Aww, your bees are disappearing. Sorry. Here's our product which cures your hives."

"Oh, please, let me have some!"

The more chemicals/pesticides they sell, the richer they become.

You just can't tinker with Mother Nature in that manner. It's bound to back-fire sooner or later. Their "Remebee" treatment may be effective for this variation of the IAPV, but what about the next one? Viruses tend to mutate quicker once their environment entails it. Remember, they are competing to survive as well.

But then again, being a conspiracy theorist, was IAPV purposely created? Thinking that is pure evil.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just like the people who are manipulating the weather are buying up all the weather stations. Probably lots and lots of examples like this out there. Yeah...there oughta be a law. Or at least a huge outcry. Wonder if there will be.
edit on 4/23/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Seriously though, this is the smoking gun and icing on the cake that Monsanto's crap poison products, are in fact, what is causing all the bee colonies to collapse and die. There is no longer a shadow of doubt. One would have to be tremendously naive to think otherwise. The question is, what are we going to do about it? Clearly, Monsanto's executives know damn well what they are doing and what their products cause. Nothing they put out is good, nothing. It is all toxic to everything in nature. So then, what is their end goal? What is the agenda here? Everyone should be asking themselves these questions.

I am incensed. It's actually the Neonicotinoids they use in their pesticides which are sprayed onto the corn crops. Beekeepers (commercial ones) feed their bees dissolved corn sugar, but the pesticides remain, and the bees digest the pesticides as well. It's one of the reasons DDT was banned. Pesticides aren't natural, and they stay in the environment, affecting everything down to the microbe.

The end goal? It's scary, actually. Control the insect that we are dependent upon to pollinate the crops that provide the whole world with food, and they control the world. I'm feeling really paranoid tonight, so excuse me please. For now, they are content to sell you a product that removes the virus they created in the first place.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
For what it is worth, the company is run by a bunch of Israeli folks. Not saying that that means anything, but it is of interesting note.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One small bit of good that may come out of this, the scientists doing the grunt work at beelogic now will be working for monsanto. Theres bound to be some there that will be pissed off about that, and could turn into tommorrows whistle blowers. Now will people listen to them,,, that will be the question.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join