Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm

page: 1
67
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
+37 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Instead of addressing issues of an environmental concern. Mosanto buy up the organisations that expose them. Really there should be laws in place to stop this kind of thing happening.




Monsanto, the massive biotechnology company being blamed for contributing to the dwindling bee population, has bought up one of the leading bee collapse research organizations.

Recently banned from Poland with one of the primary reasons being that the company’s genetically modified corn may be devastating the dying bee population, it is evident that Monsanto is under serious fire for their role in the downfall of the vital insects.


theintelhub.com...


Its just sick. Bees are amazing creatures and very important to the health of humans and the planets. If people have knowingly caused such damage they should be behind lock and key..




+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


What's worse..

the evil corporation that kills bees...

Or the scientist that supposedly strive to save the bees and expose who or what is killing them selling out to an evil corporation that is in fact killing the bees they supposedly were trying to save for a quick fortune?

People suck.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
do people really think monsanto is working in the interests of the people?
or the almighty dollar?

they are destroying the place and buying up anyone who points it out

govenment should investigate their whole operation
including their hold over the FDA

xploder



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why are you complaining? Hell yeah Capitalism.

Free Market all the way. Poison the people and the Earth, then tell everyone you're doing a good job saving lives. If anyone objects, throw some money around. This is how everything should work right? Better red than dead!



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This makes me think that Monsanto might be developing self-pollinating plants that don't need the bees.

Monsanto is trying to control the world's food. I have heard they sue farmers next to their fields when Monsanto's crops cross pollinate the farmer's field. I don't know whether or not this is true, but I remember reading it.

Most farmers use part of their own harvested crop to plant the next year. If Monsanto has it's way, farmers will not be able to germinate their own seed. Then, we are at the mercy of Monsanto. It scares me.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by purplemer
 


What's worse..

the evil corporation that kills bees...

Or the scientist that supposedly strive to save the bees and expose who or what is killing them selling out to an evil corporation that is in fact killing the bees they supposedly were trying to save for a quick fortune?

People suck.


I dont think it comes down to the scientist working for the company to choose if they get bought out or not....



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 


it's not about money. it's about power
.
they, them, tptb, and people that are in that circle have all the money that they or their great grandchildren to the 10th generation could possibly spend.

they want to control every human being under the sun. and food is one of the key aspects.
hungry people will jump in line and do what ever they are told in order to get a little to eat.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Why are you complaining? Hell yeah Capitalism.

Free Market all the way. Poison the people and the Earth, then tell everyone you're doing a good job saving lives. If anyone objects, throw some money around. This is how everything should work right? Better red than dead!




Freedom always gets blamed for tyranny in a free market system.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak
 


Positive Liberty IS Tyranny. Read some Isiah Berlin.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric
 


I have not heard of him, will check him out. Thanks



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
do people really think monsanto is working in the interests of the people?
or the almighty dollar?

they are destroying the place and buying up anyone who points it out

govenment should investigate their whole operation
including their hold over the FDA

xploder


Your words are true, unfortunatly the good old revolving door policy with the senate and those corporation will most likely always get in the way of such investigation



Originally posted by Nite-Wing
This makes me think that Monsanto might be developing self-pollinating plants that don't need the bees.


When men start to think that we don't need to rely on nature to survive is when our downfall will come
edit on 22-4-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


I keep waiting for Neo to show up to tell us this is all Obama's and liberals fault.

I'm convinced greed will be the end of our world and this is a prime example.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All we have to do is wait a month or two for Beelogics to start issuing scientific reports showing Bees are as healthy as ever and Monsanto is in no way responsible for colony collapse disorder. Then all will be well... right?



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 

Dear purplemer,

Thanks for bringing this up, I never would have seen it. I followed the link in the article you used as a source in the OP to the Beelogics website. They had the story of the acquisition. Here are the first two paragraphs:

ST. LOUIS, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) today announced it has acquired Beeologics, which researches and develops biological tools to provide targeted control of pests and diseases. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Beeologics is focused on biological research. Current projects in its pipeline – including a product candidate being developed to help protect bee health – use a naturally-occurring process to provide targeted pest and disease control.
www.beeologics.com...

But to me, the most important part of their website was their description of the problem that had to be addressed:


The idea that CCD is due to the introduction of a previously unrecognized infectious agent is supported by preliminary evidence that CCD is transmissible through the reuse of equipment from CCD colonies and that such transmission can be broken by irradiation of the equipment before use.

Recently, Israeli acute paralysis virus (IAPV) of bees was strongly correlated with CCD. Table 1 below shows that although other etiological agents of diseases in honeybees were found in CCD colonies, many were also found in apparently healthy, asymptomatic operations. In contrast, IAPV was not only found in 83% of CCD colonies, but was almost completely absent from apparently healthy colonies.
www.beeologics.com...

Beelogics seems to think, and has for some time, that the most likely avenue for research is this Israeli acute paralysis virus, and not pesticides.

Anyway, I'm still open on the subject, just don't know what to think, but it doesn't seem like the Beelogics purchase is anything devious or dastardly.

With respect,
Charles1952



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That purchase needs to be investigated by the government. If it isn't I have instructed the insecticide resistant bugs under my control to go to Washington DC to protest and attack all the people within weeks. New York thought the Bed Bugs were a problem, that was nothing. Us White footed mice can control the deer ticks. I hope I can find a few aren't afraid of colognes and perfumes.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric
 


hellyeah! USA USA USA!!
(end sarcasm)

capialism in its current for = survival of the greediest.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 





do people really think monsanto is working in the interests of the people? or the almighty dollar?


It was interesting reading about Monsanto in Wikileaks. They were getting the US government to wage economic war on any countries that negated their products. They are a very aggressive company..



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by purplemer
 

Dear purplemer,

Thanks for bringing this up, I never would have seen it. I followed the link in the article you used as a source in the OP to the Beelogics website. They had the story of the acquisition. Here are the first two paragraphs:

ST. LOUIS, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) today announced it has acquired Beeologics, which researches and develops biological tools to provide targeted control of pests and diseases. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Beeologics is focused on biological research. Current projects in its pipeline – including a product candidate being developed to help protect bee health – use a naturally-occurring process to provide targeted pest and disease control.
www.beeologics.com...

But to me, the most important part of their website was their description of the problem that had to be addressed:


The idea that CCD is due to the introduction of a previously unrecognized infectious agent is supported by preliminary evidence that CCD is transmissible through the reuse of equipment from CCD colonies and that such transmission can be broken by irradiation of the equipment before use.

Recently, Israeli acute paralysis virus (IAPV) of bees was strongly correlated with CCD. Table 1 below shows that although other etiological agents of diseases in honeybees were found in CCD colonies, many were also found in apparently healthy, asymptomatic operations. In contrast, IAPV was not only found in 83% of CCD colonies, but was almost completely absent from apparently healthy colonies.
www.beeologics.com...

Beelogics seems to think, and has for some time, that the most likely avenue for research is this Israeli acute paralysis virus, and not pesticides.

Anyway, I'm still open on the subject, just don't know what to think, but it doesn't seem like the Beelogics purchase is anything devious or dastardly.

With respect,
Charles1952


This seems more reasonable. (?)

They bought a biological research firm who supports the view that it wasnt Monsantos fault. Still devious.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sounds like the Umbrella corporation in real life.... better get ready for the zombie apocolypse!

But seriously these people should be stopped. Their total disreguard for the planet and the things that they ae causing to happen are detrimental to the human race.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This highlights what "scientific research" is today. The results of scientific research is dictated by those who fund it.

I'm sort of glad Monsanto bought this mob. It will wake a lot of people up.





new topics

top topics



 
67
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join