It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Synapses Firing Off - Or Human Evolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was having a bath this evening, just dunking my head in the water, and suddenly...

"Bumblefoot"

That's what came to mind. I have no idea where it came from, why it popped into my head, what it means...

I actually have this quite often, normally (I'm guessing) in states of relaxation. When I'm just about to drift off to sleep, I have visual images of people, places I don't recognize, events playing out, words and all sorts of things. I guess this happens to everyone, right?

It can be just a word, almost actually spoken in the room, although this is rare and has only happened to me a couple of times. But almost every night as I'm drifting off I'll have random images and scenes, people and names, words and phrases.

So this evening, after hearing Bumblefoot I kind of thought about where this comes from and what it means. Being a rock fan I kind of thought that there was a guitarist by this name. And a little Googling shows he plays with Guns (something not unreasonable for me to know). It's also a bacterial infection affecting the feet of animals...?

So the reason for this thread is to try and establish that other people experience this too, and to propose something that occurred to me tonight thinking about it.

I've often thought that it's simply my brain making a bizarre connection and pointing it out. For instance, perhaps a few years ago I was just running a bath and listening to the radio and Bumblefoot was mentioned, and perhaps that imprinted on my mind, or perhaps a smell has been associated with it at some time in my past and the shampoo reminded me.

But could it be something else?

Over centuries we have adapted and evolved to deal with the world and process information. Our eyes are designed to convert light into imagery and help us to see the world around us, our hearing has developed to process pressure changes and convert that to sound, our sense of smell can tell us there's a fire a mile away, or that the dog needs a bath...

So what happens to our brains now that we're using "invisible" methods to transmit information?

Previously, the atmosphere around us was filled with light and sound, and perhaps ambient blips. Now we're bombarded with radio waves, invisible pieces of information passing back and forth from phones, TV's, computers.

Just as our brains manage to process billions of pieces of information every day, whether we are aware of it or not, what do our brains do with that information being sent invisibly around us all the time?

Is it not possible that, just as we evolved to understand light and process the information received into something that makes sense, we will evolve to receive this invisible information and translate it based on what we know about our world?

Imagine there is a radio frequency that has always been there, and our brains are aware of it, just as our brains have evolved to process images created from light. Then one day that silent radio wave our brain recognizes as existing suddenly seems to hold information which might aid in our evolution.

Just as we evolved to use the processing of light and shadow to understand the world, isn't it likely that our brains will evolve to receive and process this invisible information over time?

It's just something that fascinates me, and I'm hoping I've explained my thoughts on this adequately. Let me know what you think about this, the kinds of experiences you've had and how you explain them.

edit on 22-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I started experiencing this some time ago. At first i just brushed it off as everyone else, but when i started hearing clear voices in my head "talking" to me, i no longer continued brushing it off!
After extensive research this past year I've come to the conclusion that when you are in a relaxed state, Alpha brainwave state i think it was, you become more acceptable to Intuition and channeled messages from your higher self. I started paying attention to these messages and following them and since, i have not been happier. So i'm going to continue to do so!

But in saying that, some times i get quite bizarre things pop up much like you "animal foot infection" word. I try not to over analyze them and just right them down..
edit on 22-4-2012 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, Bumblefoot could actually refer to one of two things; An infection or the member of Guns 'n' Roses. Hope this might help in some way.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

I'm not sure I've heard anyone talking "to" me, but I do "overhear" things, that's the easiest way to explain the words. I suppose it's like you say, listening to a higher state, perhaps a part of subconscious.

On a slightly related subject...

I had a discussion with a friend about the people we see in dreams that we don't recognize. She proposes that they are people we've met, and forgotten. Or they're people we've seen in movies or on TV. She suggests that the Human mind wouldn't "create" a Human, but recycle images, names, faces to create a dream.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Well, Bumblefoot could actually refer to one of two things; An infection or the member of Guns 'n' Roses. Hope this might help in some way.

Did you read his post at all? He mentions both of these

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hmm.. cool story bro. You have a wild imagination !

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thanks for doing that, those GFOL people won't listen to reason and the whole story does my head in. It is so obviously a fiction. I cannot fathom how some people swallow the whole thing hook, line and sinker, as the saying goes. Anyway thanks again, common sense prevails! cheap nike free runs for women nike free run shoes nike free run shoes boys

new topics

top topics

join