It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

''A mind over matter universe'' as described in 'the secret history of the world'' by jonotha

page: 2
8
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


I tend to agree with your comments - We as a whole fail to see the underlying connection to one another which is soul or spiritual or what ever word you choose - And yes because we live as though we believe we are merely the body we inhabit we pamper it with materialistic rubbish often -Yes we can have all the wealth in the world and still something is missing.



yes that is exactly what i meant however i couldn't quite find the words to articulate it. english is not my first language lol i often feel that something is missing in my life and have always been a spiritual/philosophical person even as a child i would stay indoors all day reading. i believe we are all connected in some form this is why i search for answers my curiosity cannot be abated




posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


I thought you explained very well - If English is not your first language then hats off to you for I would never have thought otherwise
Is Gaelic perhaps your native tongue?



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


I thought you explained very well - If English is not your first language then hats off to you for I would never have thought otherwise
Is Gaelic perhaps your native tongue?



no not gaelic my native tongue is deutsche but i also speak french,arabic and bulgarian as well as english



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


You put me to shame - I speak only English - So I see you live in Western Scotland - Great place to live - I love it up there



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


You put me to shame - I speak only English - So I see you live in Western Scotland - Great place to live - I love it up there



military family moved around alot so i took advantage and learned what i could and found i had an aptitude for languages lol.yes scotland for now no doubt be moving on again soon



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne
 


so do you think perhaps it is possible to train oneself to change our perceptions and revert to a ''mind over matter'' state? if so how would that effect us?
edit on 22-4-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo


It would effect us greatly if some lunatic has it in his mind to rearrange our matter.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x
 


They say travel broadens the mind - I think that is so.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


I think you are right - We interfere with nature too much for our own good at times



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


yes perhaps that is true but those people can mess with your matter already only in a physical way as opposed to a mental way. would there be a difference?



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne
 




so do you think perhaps it is possible to train oneself to change our perceptions and revert to a ''mind over matter'' state? if so how would that effect us?
edit on 22-4-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo


there is a competition between....
...heaven and earth (the beings of,

why?

80 www.tao-te-king.org...


81

第八十一章
dì bā shí yī zhāng

Sound

Wahre Worte – True Words








10. tiān zhī dào:
lì ér bù hài,


天之道
利而不害,



Heaven's Dào:
to benefit and not to harm,







11. shèng rén zhī dào:
wéi ér bù zhēng.


聖人之道
為而不爭。

wise men's Dào:
to create and not to compete.








very nice music.



If Heaven is this beautiful...

Presencebright 4 weeks ago


Text

靜的樹林'動聽 ! !

IsamuTakeru 2 weeks ago




posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900
 


as much as i appreciate your input you haven't expressed an opinion only provided links to a taoist script with witch i am somewhat familiar with. i do believe the fundamental principles of taoism are are the same no matter the source of the info...thanks



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


I would say that for the most part the general populace has a heard mentality and while we may be essentially the same in source we are individual in practice because we are so material that we can not share our material experience to the extent that we share our mental experience.
edit on 23-4-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A very thought provoking book. I have chosen the easy option and downloaded it as an audiobook from iTunes. I am now listening to it for the second time.

I hope I'm not spoiling your reading pleasure to highlight something in later chapters where he states that Francis Crick who unravelled the structure of DNA, was on '___' to help him boost his powers of thought. Crick has denied this though.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A mind over matter universe; a psychedelic universe, sounds logical.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by artistpoet
 


I would say that for the most part the general populace has a heard mentality and while we may be essentially the same in source we are individual in practice because we are so material that we can not share our material experience to the extent that we share our mental experience.
edit on 23-4-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)


Yes - What you say rings true.
Say for example we can all go to watch a movie - Yet each may take a different experience away with them.
It may and often does mean different things to different people.
We are all individuals - like actors and actresses in great play.
We each have our own story of our experience and observations of life from an individual point of view.

edit on 23-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Curious why im getting two different "Authors" for this book?

Amazon: Mark Booth

Good Reads: Jonathan Black

The covers are near identicle as well so It appears to be the same publication.
It appears the Booth one is more recently published "version" but I'm just curious whats up with two different "Authors"...
edit on 23-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Curious why im getting two different "Authors" for this book?

Amazon: Mark Booth

Good Reads: Jonathan Black

The covers are near identicle as well so It appears to be the same publication.
It appears the Booth one is more recently published "version" but I'm just curious whats up with two different "Authors"...
edit on 23-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)


jonothan black is a nom de plume i believe mark booth is his real name



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
reply to post by nii900
 


as much as i appreciate your input you haven't expressed an opinion only provided links to a taoist script with witch i am somewhat familiar with. :
................................well then,,
quotations.about.com...

......see these >

www.lyricsmania.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
reply to post by nii900
 


i do believe the fundamental principles of taoism are are the same no matter the source of the info...thanks

......well.....Ye'r Fáilte ?
wiki.answers.com...
Fáilte as the Irish word for welcome.
edit on 23-4-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The author's real name is

MARK BOOTH

The name Jonathan Black is a pen name.

PS

You are welcome OP



posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I just started reading this again, it is an extremely interesting book if somewhat fantastical

i recommend to everyone who enjoys a bit of speculative history



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1   >>

log in

join