It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Md. neighborhood watch trail set against Fla. fury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Md. neighborhood watch trail set against Fla. fury

BALTIMORE (AP) — Two brothers accused of beating a black teenager while patrolling an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood are set to go on trial Monday in a case with similarities to the Trayvon Martin shooting.

If push comes to shove, I'm for vigilantism, but it seems like more people can't get the best of their judgement to know exactly how to use it "correctly".

And because of that, expect more rights to protect crooks here shortly.

Where has people's sense gone?
edit on 22-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
mOar accurately:

BALTIMORE (AP) — Two 'people' accused of beating a teenager while patrolling a neighborhood are set to go on trial Monday.

Good. I hope they get a fair trial and what's coming to them if found guilty.

Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A Caucasian youth is 'jumped' and beaten up badly by an African-American pack of youth every hour of everyday, yet it draws ZERO attention and is considered no big deal. An African-American finds himself in the RARE situation of a Caucasian returning the favor and the SAME EXACT SITUATION gets publicized around the world!! WHY is this?

The odds of being beat-up for being in the 'wrong' neighborhood is SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER if you are Caucasian. PERIOD. But thats not 'news-worthy'.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While it does seem there's an element of race in these cases(and being reported one-sided), there also an element about the future law that might be enacted that will protect the real crooks.
edit on 22-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
WOw.. I wasn't sure what to make of this until I carefully read the article. I think they're overcharging things here 13 years for a butt beating on the sidewalk?? Manslaughter brings less time every day. Having said that.....

These two sound like they need to go down HARD for at least a few years as an example and then some.

I'm hot and passionate about THIS one because of the way this article describes it. The kid was just walking down the sidewalk in a neighborhood he didn't fit in, so he got beaten by the local self-declared 'cops'. Oh they can just get stuffed into a cell and rot for awhile.

I can't count how many times I found myself at a dock having my truck unloaded with WHATEVER neighborhood happened to be around me. Some were ghettos so bad, Juarez looked good by comparison. One was a half mile from Rodeo Dr. and the main shopping district of Beverly Hills. By the logic of THESE fools, *I* was just fine to stop, drop and BEAT if I wandered away from the truck and crossed their neighborhood looking for a bite to eat while I had time to kill. I did that...many times over the years...and it's startling to think that idiots like this could have jumped me and badly hurt me for NO OTHER REASON than I picked THAT side street to use in getting where I was headed to.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, ain't that grand??
Police agencies lay off much of their workforce so neighborhoods put untrained idiots out to patrol their neighborhoods.
On the brighter side, at least folks are yelling about civillians beating civillians and not cops beating civillians.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These cases are being publicized so much so that they can outlaw neighborhood watches, while simultaneously cutting back police forces. Why?

Because when it's illegal to defend yourself, the only choice is the State. Which Homeland Security will happily supply.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Forget it..
edit on 4/22/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join