It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an insulting question to ask Christians...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by benrl
eye of needle, Camel through it, Rich man... Nough said.
Just out of curiosity, have you heard what that phrase means? From what I understand, it's not talking about a literal sewing needle. There was a place in some city that had a passage way called "The Eye of the Needle" and the only way for a camel to get through it was for it to crawl through it. It was difficult, but it could be done.

LOL Sure thing, bro.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mr. Warbucks.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by grubblesnert

I might as well just state at this point that while I'll be voting republican in 2012. My ultimate fantasy is an abolition of political parties.

Snusfanatic, if you were serious about making your "fanatasy" true, you would not add fuel to the huge farce that is the electoral process. Keep believing in dems vs repubs. Keep watching the puppets while the puppeteer dictates true policy. Unless you have a malicious agenda, it is way past time to educate yourself and open your mind.

To the OP, great post! You can just smell the conservatives squirming to the sight of their daily hypocrisy. Keep fighting the good fight, guys. Just as there has and always will be ignorant, mind-controllable idiots in this world, the hope of educating them will also remain.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Love your enemies as you love your neighbors. I doubt that encompasses filling them full of lead. He doesn't need us to fulfill his judgement, he punished Sodom and Gomorah and a few other cities all on his own without the need for any man to lift a finger for him.

Yes, that was one example, but the tales in the Bible are not limited to that particular story. In other accounts God used Israel to judge other nations, and in other instances God used Israel's enemies to judge them. Sure, He doesn't need us to fulfill His judgements, He just chooses to often. Sometimes it's a natural disaster, earthquake, volcano. Other times it's with an army of a foreign land. God doesn't limit His judgments or blessings to a particular model. Sometimes that model is war.

"A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:8

It's up to Him, we just march.

edit on 22-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
So I am Christian myself though I have rejected organized religion, and I am generally politically liberal because of it. It seems rather impossible to me that one can study the teachings of Jesus, actually believe in them, and then be a right-winger.

So here is my question: how can you sit through bible class/Sunday school and the sermons of a man or woman of God and still agree with the Republicans on most issues? By most issues, I mean most of the following: pro-war, pro-accumulation of wealth, anti-social programs, anti-education, etc.

So here is my response: I am pro-life and I believe God is, too. The democrats have a problem with Pro-Life so I have a problem with them.
You think the democrats are less pro-wealth than the republicans.? You think the Republicans want war and are anti-education? The social program I have a problem with is Planned Parenthood because they are the biggest abortion mill in the country.

You judged me wrongly and I'm sure alot of other feel the same. Save your chastisements for the criminals in office. Obama, Holder and Napolitano to name a few at the top. I'd rather be dead than vote for anyone involved with the Fast and Furious Cover-Up, good Christian.

edit on 4/23/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but the answer the OP is looking for may be this:

The GOP is usually against abortion.

If that is correct in general, then most Christians would be against killing innocent children.

Most Democrats would kill innocent children, according to their party platform.

My guess is that God would be against the killing of innocent life, hence
Christians would want to follow God and not kill innocent children.

Am I close?

Of course, in politics there are no clear lines, only compromises.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So many holy people here.

How do you all manage to speak for God, to know God's mind!

Then you do the same for Jesus.

Beware false prophets!

Jesus!

P

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I do apologise in advance. I myself, too, want to throw a little rant here, on your thread.

I myself am a believer of The Trinity, and so do i have a question for some Christians.

How can you go to church and do all you think that is good, and say you are a believer and act like a fool the rest of the week. Come home, scream, judge people, backstab, hate, treat others like crap etc.

It is the flaw of human nature, our weak souls. We refuse to train our minds and learn to grow in faith as we have been told to do.

It is better close your door, be alone, by yourself. Go lie down, take deep breaths and become one in mind, soul and spirit with The Creator, for at least 30 minutes everyday. Open your mind and surrender to our Creator. If you struggle doing this i recommend grabbing some Theta wave exercises on mp3 and to start slowly and meditate, always acknowledging our Creator as it can be easy to fall under attack in states.

I am so tired of people whom call themselves Christians but always see a splinter in another one's eye, while they have a whole forest in theirs.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

how can you sit through bible class/Sunday school and the sermons of a man or woman of God and still agree with the Republicans on most issues? By most issues, I mean most of the following: pro-war, pro-accumulation of wealth, anti-social programs, anti-education, etc.

How can you call yourself a Christian and agree with the democrats on most issues? By most issues, I mean most of the following: pro-war (Obama has bombed more countries than Bush43), pro-theft (jealously stealing from those who earn more than you), anti-life (approve of painfully killing unborn children by shredding and/or by burning to death by chemicals in the womb), anti-education (approving of the BS politically correct left wing agenda the NEA puts out in the public schools ... 'social education' rather than reading, writing, math), etc etc etc ...

backatchya.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

What I hear are arguments against the very concept of income redistribution combined with attempts to use the tax coded to make the rich even richer and the poor even poorer.

So-called "wealth redistribution" is nothing more than theft. People have a right to keep what they earn. You have no right to take things away from those who have more than you simply because they have more. That's THEFT. And to legislate theft on that order is nothing more than making everyone into slaves of the state.

Slavery to the state and theft from those who produce more are NOT Christian values.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

How can you go to church and do all you think that is good, and say you are a believer and act like a fool the rest of the week. Come home, scream, judge people, backstab, hate, treat others like crap etc.

You do remember that there are tares mingled with the wheat correct? Calling oneself a Christian, raising ones hands during the fast songs and quieting down during the slow songs, giving money in the offering doesn't make someone a born-again, blood washed, Holy Spirit filled Christian.

"By their fruits you shall know them."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

how can you sit through bible class/Sunday school and the sermons of a man or woman of God and still agree with the Republicans on most issues? By most issues, I mean most of the following: pro-war, pro-accumulation of wealth, anti-social programs, anti-education, etc.

How can you call yourself a Christian and agree with the democrats on most issues? By most issues, I mean most of the following: pro-war (Obama has bombed more countries than Bush43), pro-theft (jealously stealing from those who earn more than you), anti-life (approve of painfully killing unborn children by shredding and/or by burning to death by chemicals in the womb), anti-education (approving of the BS politically correct left wing agenda the NEA puts out in the public schools ... 'social education' rather than reading, writing, math), etc etc etc ...

backatchya.

1) I agree that Obama is a great dissappointment, particularly when it comes to war, law enforcement, civil liberties, etc.. I call him Bush-Lite. In fact, the right pretending that he is some sort of hard left radical is hilarious. But when it comes time to vote, choosing Obama is still pushing in the right direction, considering that Romney will be far to the right of him.

2) Taxation is not theft. If it is, then the only just system of government would be total anarchy, and clearly no one with any idea what that means wants that. The issue is how much, in what way, from whom, and how do we make those decisions. That is where human interactions (politics) come into play, and of course those who feel they have lost the argument will complain of the "theft" of their money. Frankly, most "conservatives" seem to have missed kindergarten, where we learn to share, cooperate, and generally stop being greedy little sociopaths. Mine! Mine! Mine!

3) We have this thing called science, you know, and we now know what the fetus is and is not. Clearly, a blastocyst is not a separate human being. Clearly a 8 1/2 month fetus is. Somewhere in between you have to choose lines of safety to prevent the loss of human life, but you also have to balance the needs of the mother. Personally, I find abortion for reasons other than rape, incest, or the health of the mother to be repugnant. But I am not willing to force my views on others, and I am not willing to tell women that I control their reproductive organs. I find it interesting that "conservatives" want the government to control the wombs. It sort of reminds me of Nazi breeding camps, where they kept all the wide-hipped women to have sex with the soldiers in order to produce more Nazis.

4) Can you give me an example of the politically correct left wing agenda in public schools? My children are in public schools, I help them with their schoolwork often, and I just don't see it. I see lots of English and Math and the other traditional subjects, and it appears to me that the standards are much higher than when I was in school. But, our schools are crumbling while our class sizes soar, causing a reduction in quality of education, and that is because Republicans have defunded the system in my state.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I could be wrong, but the answer the OP is looking for may be this:

The GOP is usually against abortion.

If that is correct in general, then most Christians would be against killing innocent children.

Most Democrats would kill innocent children, according to their party platform.

My guess is that God would be against the killing of innocent life, hence
Christians would want to follow God and not kill innocent children.

Am I close?

Of course, in politics there are no clear lines, only compromises.

I can't buy that, because I see the same people supporting war, including sending unmanned drones into villages to kill indisciminately, supporting the death penalty, which is often applied to innocent people, and also supporting a police culture where violence, intimidation, and killing is allowed. I think what it boils down to is tribalism. We are against murdering OUR people, expecially OUR babies, which after all will grow up to be good soldiers for OUR cause. If you are an Afghan baby, then you may be killed by invisible death from the sky. No big deal. And if you are a criminal, we can separate you from us in our minds and kill you with no regrets. Self-righteousness is a wonderful thing. And police brutality? It is those criminals again, so have at it boys, they deserve what they get.

But in a way, that is all consistent with being anti-abortion, because you want to reserve the right to JUDGE others. So you judge evil foreigners and you judge criminals as people being deserving of their fate. And you see the baby as an innocent and the mother as soiled, so naturally the baby gets the benefit of the doubt. Even if that means murdering the mother to extract the child.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

After I remove your generalizations and ignorance... after the mental enslavement of the left/right paradigm is lifted, which you obviously still live in, the answer is simple... an individual relationship with God/Jesus equals freedom, Liberalism equals enslavement. The day you realize that right/left thinking yields the same end result, and that they are both the product of organized religion, or at least organized thought designed to keep you from thinking for yourself, the better off you will be. By the way, your question wasn't the least bit insulting, if anything it is par for the course.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This question OP is one of many I have when it comes to any religion.

We know right from wrong yet many in organized religion speak a good sermon but don't walk it.

From my personal studies:

Jesus came into the picture when organized Judaism was in full control. He being a radical and self thinker taught in private within the Essene Community and his peers. He taught love and acceptance of the "sinner". He taught against organized religion. He told his followers God is Love. God is in me and I in him. God is within.

Christian's do not follow his teachings and this is why I find it hard to call myself one because IM NOT. He didn't create Christianity. They perverted his words and his teachings and I don't like that fact.

I was watching one of my favorite teachers of Jesus yesterday morning for just a few. I turned the channel after such a good sermon because the Preacher was asking people to call this number and donate.
This preacher preaches in a HUGE church that has the biggest congregation in town and surrounding counties. Its absurd how much money he makes.... to teach the Word of God. Blows my mind! I wonder how much they donate to the poor that walks the streets a block away?? My guess is NONE!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You do remember that there are tares mingled with the wheat correct? Calling oneself a Christian, raising ones hands during the fast songs and quieting down during the slow songs, giving money in the offering doesn't make someone a born-again, blood washed, Holy Spirit filled Christian.

"By their fruits you shall know them."

True my friend, true.

Ones that i do have "issues" with are ones that are born again. Just to say, these are people i know, and family. They bash with the Book and speak when you are not around. Another thing they will throw at others, is that they are reborn.

I guess, it is a human condition, it is sadly sickening. I sometimes sit and think how evil must tell the truth under/by the authority of our Creator, but, humans will still tell their lie.

But, it makes myself no better than them by ridiculing them. They have One to answer to, one day.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

He didn't teach within the Essenes! They were twice as legalistic as the Pharisees and Scribes were. Christ took just common people and made them His disciples, tax collectors, fishermen, etc. The Essenes were so ridiculously legalistic that they refused to take a dump on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve themselves of the discomfort of having a bowel movement. Jesus mocked the Religious Legalists, read Mark 7 if you need a reminder about what He felt about those who elevate the traditions of the elders to the level of God's Word.

The Pharisees and Scribes couldn't even stand the Essenes because they were too legalistic even for them. That should tell you something.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

They bash with the Book and speak when you are not around. Another thing they will throw at others, is that they are reborn.

You need to preach to them, Christ didn't say by their words you shall know them, but by their fruit. Read what Jesus said about the religious people in Mark 7. Pay special note to "lips" and "heart". You see though, your spiritual eyes are anointed to see and your ears to hear. Judgment must first come to the house of God before the world, there will be many "left behind" to go and try to buy oil.

"17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" ~ 1 Peter 4:17

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." ~ Luke 21:36

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." ~ Revelation 3:16 (the context is the Tribulation)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But, it makes myself no better than them by ridiculing them. They have One to answer to, one day.

Take a Spiritual Gifts Analysis from any online source, they are free. Most likely you'll score prophecy number 1 or two. Prophets are foretellers of God's Word and can easily see errors or sin in the church. And weep for her to change her ways.

Take one and u2u me and tell me what it says.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I often refer to myself as a bleeding heart conservative. lol

If one pays close attention to the Bible, Jesus' teaching in particular, they would actually notice the Bible can be VERY liberal in some cases and VERY conservative in others.

For instance, it can be liberal with things like the very accommodating treatment of political aliens being admitted into society while at the same time being very conservative with expecting aliens to fully integrate into society. It can be very liberal with the sharing of wealth while very conservative with the concept of 'If you don't work, you don't eat.' No free handouts. The list goes on and for for various issues facing us today.

I personally do not see the Bible as either democrat/republican or liberal/conservative. People who try to make it one way or the other are putting their political beliefs before their faith. Priorities need to be kept straight, IMO.

STAR very good answer, essentially what I was about to post.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Christian's do not follow his teachings and this is why I find it hard to call myself one because IM NOT. He didn't create Christianity. They perverted his words and his teachings and I don't like that fact.

Awfully judgemental of you. Do you know every christian?
edit on 23-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join