The location that the man was referring to is derived from a hadith, as follows:
Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "In the meantime, while the Dajjal will be busy doing this and this, Allah will send down
the Messiah son of Mary (Jesus عليه السلام). He (Jesus عليه السلام ) will descend in the eastern part of Damascus, near the white
minaret (tower), dressed in the two yellowish garments, with his hands resting on the arms of two angels. When he will bend down his head, water drops
will appear trickling down, and when he will raise it, it will appear as though pearl--like drops are rolling down. Any disbeliever whom the air of
his breath reaches, and it will reach up to the last limit of his sight, will fall dead. Then, the son of Mary will go in pursuit of the Dajjal, and
will overtake him at the gate of Lud (a city 13 miles east of Tel Aviv, Israel), and will kill him." (Sahih Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibn Majah).
This suggests, in the Islamic point of view (and even the Christians, based on a few quotes), that Jesus (pbuh) will descend to the Earth with the
intent of leading an army and establishing himself as a just and pious ruler; a leader with charisma and passion for the defeat of his enemies.
Also, another shared belief in Islam of the return of Jesus will be that:
1. There will be an abundance in wealth. Wealth will flow like water. The Islamic government will be wealthy and all people will be financially
well-off, having lots of wealth and property, to the extent that nobody will be in the need of Zakat (tax) and Sadaqa (charity). People will no longer
have to pay Zakat and Sadaqa.
2. All hearts will be free from misery, envy, malice, and jealousy.
3. Each harmful animal will be made harmless. Camels will graze with the lions and the cheetahs with cattle. A little girl will chase a lion and make
it run away from her like children chasing a puppy and this lion will not harm her. Venom will be taken out from all venomous animals, a little boy
will put his hand in a snake's mouth, but it will not harm him. The wolf will live with the sheep and protect them as if it were a sheep dog.
4. Peace, harmony and tranquility will prevail in the world. People will be in complete agreement, wars will cease, the earth will be filled with
peace like a silver basin and it will sprout with vegetation like at the time of Prophet Adam.
5. The fertility of the land will increase to the extent that if a seed is planted in a rock, it will sprout. 700 mudd of wheat will sprout without
ploughing the land. The Earth will produce so much fruit that a large group of people will sit to eat a bunch of grapes or a pomegranate and they will
be satisfied and use it's peel as an umbrella.
6. There will also be blessing in milk. The milk of a single she camel will be sufficient to satisfy the hunger of a large group of people. A cow will
produce what is sufficient for a tribe of people, and a sheep will produce milk, which is sufficient for a family of people.
7. Horses will be cheap as they will be never ridden in war and bulls will be expensive, as they will be needed to plough the land.
8. Life will be very pleasant and enjoyable after Jesus' descent from Heaven and people will live in comfortably during Jesus' reign as a Muslim
(Nawwas bin Sarnaan /Muslim and Abu Umamah/Ibn Majah)
edit on 22-4-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason