It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Hear of the Office of Financial Research We will fund it in 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, well another big agency created back in June of 2010 and will not be fiscally funded until conveniently July 2013. My, my how convenient. July 2013, hmm..... Anyway I digress. It will be funded completely by assessments, commonly referred to as taxes, to the tune of $158 million dollars on banks who have assets of $50 million dollars. Well, that assures the major banks Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo, of being under their thumb. These taxes will of course make all your fees on checking and savings and debit yada,yada,yada. go up even more because the rich will get richer.

[url=hwww.foxnews.com...

James Rosen[/url]

It is the most powerful federal agency you’ve never heard of -- and lawmakers from both parties on Thursday vowed to keep abreast of its astonishing growth and rein it in, if necessary.
The Office of Financial Research, or OFR, was created by the Dodd-Frank financial services overhaul that President Obama signed into law in July 2010. Technically housed under the Treasury Department, the agency has until now received its funding not from the Congress, but directly from the Federal Reserve.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 22-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 22-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 22-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Office of Financial What?? Sounds like a another Hog Barn of an agency with Porky Pig himself, serving as director to hand out the pork to all who may come with a hand out. I didn't see the NEED for yet another agency...I suppose our President did.

So what DOES this thing do that isn't already done by many other agencies in a maze of overlapping red tape as it stands now??

Oh..the damage done in such a short time...and as this shows, even with Obama OUT, we have surprises from his term in Office yet to drop on us for years to come. It isn't enough that we suffer while he's there... Oh no.. He's insured his bad leadership is the gift that keeps on giving...and taking...and taking.

....By the way.. as far as I know, funding an agency behind the back of Congress is unconstitutional to the level of CRIMINAL. Funded by the fed...in circumvention of Congress? Interesting.. Is there a man left in Congress to stand up for their OWN rights as 1 of the 3 branches?? It wouldn't seem so.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added though

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for responding. Looks like we'll be the ones prepared and not surprised
(I seem to be getting typical apathy for whatever warning, I try to post about.)

Seems like our Congress is content to be told what issues to give a yea or nay vote to and not to think for themselves, and heaven forbid if they have to think about what the People want. We are only supposed to be and recall that I say "supposed to be" the boss of Congress. Conveniently forgotten about in this century.

edit on 22-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: corrrection

edit on 22-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

You may be right about the Apathy. I hope not, but fear you may be. I'm hoping it's more a case of simply having so much to focus on at once, we're all missing a large % of what is happening. This was something to comment on starting in about 2006, as I recall it...and the pile on of major issues just coming non-stop and with no time to even breath between major national fights over policy just keeps getting worse.

Who knows how much we're hearing 0 about but will ask ourselves in a few years 'How the &@)! did THAT happen??'. Thanks for trying to sound the bells... I'm sure plenty are reading and making mental notes.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join