It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Bondage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

The quiet that contains the mind is not a thought.
youtu.be...
The knower of thought is not a thought.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i hate baron but he proves how truth is known by everyone while u insist to take advantage from lies opportunity

ur mind is not the space where all ur thoughts are one reality, ur mind is out of what u realize objectively, that is how it starts with ur own willing thoughts out of objective reactions that u keep in mind as wills while realizing it, then it is easy to identify ur mind objectively, from any objective perspective relation to ur positive will in mind

in relative terms, the mind mean individual superiority, where an individual freedom can b independant fully by realizing itself wills or means, so the freedom become objective itself as positive one end, contrary to truth which is plural objective positivity freedom as noone while close to nothing freedom subjectively

in absolute terms, the mind is absolute superiority, what u call consciousness that justify existence being objectively free, it is the plus free that is always willing to support truth existence rights in positive objective terms constant free

so mind is to superior subject identity in truth wether relative to one individual or to noone so truth superiority

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

You just love to hate.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing that being free of Psychological bondage is possible. It is incorporated into our language. It is incorporated into our basic knowledge. It is incorporated into our diet. It is what we know.

If you could succeed at escaping the bondage of our conditioning it would only be possible if our memory would be totally erased. Everything we know is conditioning of some sort. We interpret everything we hear and see by use of this conditioning. I think it is possible to lessen our bondage, but not to do away with it all together. I am happy to say I have come as far as I have. I try to analyze everything. I try to understand why man has created some sorts of bondage and has shunned others. Anyone who thinks they can completely overcome the conditioning which is within us is misled by their own mind. I'm glad you are trying to escape this conditioning but remember that not all of this conditioning is bad. It makes us be able to get along with others of our kind.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The only bondage there is, is believing and taking seriously what the mind says. It is you who hears the mind and it is the mind that is confused. When you see that you are not the thoughts, that you are the seer and knower of thought, what is the problem?
The seer and knower of thought is stillness itself.
Escape the mind by stepping outside of it.
Everything (including thought) is watched from and in peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Free yourself from belief that you are your mind. The words 'your mind', or 'my mind' illustrate that the mind is not 'you', it is 'yours'.
You are not trapped in 'your mind'. However, it is assumed that you are so that is the experience.
Thought happens and you are the seer and knower of it. Mind happens in you. You are not in the mind, the mind is in you.
So....what are you?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Baron01

youtu.be...

Something quiet can only be known by the mind because it's made by the mind. Therefore the quiet does not contain the mind but the mind contains the quiet. But how quiet is the quiet when it's a thought? That's up to your mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

reply to post by Baron01

youtu.be...

Something quiet can only be known by the mind because it's made by the mind. Therefore the quiet does not contain the mind but the mind contains the quiet. But how quiet is the quiet when it's a thought? That's up to your mind.

The mind is noise. Noise has to appear within silence. Music is no good without the back ground of silence.
Silence is the ground of all being.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Free yourself from belief that you are your mind. The words 'your mind', or 'my mind' illustrate that the mind is not 'you', it is 'yours'.
You are not trapped in 'your mind'. However, it is assumed that you are so that is the experience.
Thought happens and you are the seer and knower of it. Mind happens in you. You are not in the mind, the mind is in you.
So....what are you?

The mind is necessary to experience this physical reality. Without it you wouldn't be here typing posts in this thread.
Thoughts happen and we are the creator of it. Don't try to free yourself from your mind but give it direction to what you prefer and you'll manifest your reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

youtu.be...

The mind is noise. Noise has to appear within silence. Music is no good without the back ground of silence.
Silence is the ground of all being.

You are pretty deluded, aren't you?

The mind can only be noisy if you Believe it is noisy. You put your focus on the idea of ''the mind is noise'' and that's what you will experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

We are talking about different 'minds', i think.
Are you aware of the mind?
I am aware of the mind. I see it.

Did you watch the video i posted? What i am trying to say is explained with more clarity in the link.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

Did you watch the video i posted? What i am trying to say is explained with more clarity in the link.

You are aware of the mind because that's the purpose of the mind. I am not saying that you are your mind but the mind is like a tool which you use in order to experience your reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

You are aware of the mind because that's the purpose of the mind. I am not saying that you are your mind but the mind is like a tool which you use in order to experience your reality.

So i am not my mind and my mind is a tool. I am the seer of my (the) mind? So instead of seeing through the mind i as a seer could bypass the mind and see reality directly. Or i could see that the mind is just a means of translating what is seen into words the mind can understand. The mind has a language, a culture, a conditioning factor. Where as plain seeing is true seeing.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

You can see 'your' reality (which is obscured by mind, conditioning), so is 'your mind made' reality.
Or you can see and hear life that is fresh and raw and untainted by programming.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by absolutely

You just love to hate.

all u say is such nonsense inventions, the fact that u dont have a mind prove minds existence, clearly u dont exist n never will, go enjoy ur background silence forever, with ur knower and its seer

i can say what i hate bc im not only my mind, i know being also relatively true so absolutely objective recognition to else existence rights

u stupid, mind is the one always either u dont see it making it ur god business or not doesnt matter, piece of female nagging for nothing in repetitive animal forms, ur nature go to mummy and daddy the owner of ur mind right that u gave it to before its birth, by jumping to ur life end with

the mind is the awareness or conscious in absolute existence that allow to stand constant individual anywhere, by realizing objective existence rights

wat do u know about right n truth, when u r of lies and easiest inventions as the reason of constant illusion u love to b through, yea sure, ur thoughts are to ur god and ur existence is to nothing, so as u say it u as the knower seer of it, should shut up totally n eat as u do but without opening ur mouth

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The only "psychological Bondage" i can think of is "Consumerism".

We are programmed from very early ages to want the newest toys...they will make you happy. "You need a really nice car" it get's the ladies attention (or the men's). "You need a bigger house, a louder stereo, a bigger Television, the newest cell phone...." all the while whispering to our subconscious "if you don't do these things, everyone around you will think you are lazy or odd".

"You must go into debt for these things so you can have them now...if you lose your job, we will take them from you and you will be a nobody"...."work hard or else"

Thus the invisible chains of slavery came into existence.

Edward Bernays was the master of marketing. He could sell ice cubes to eskimoes and was brilliant in his strategics. When the depression was ending and most Americans were trying to hoard up their money, he was the one all the big companies turned to to get people to let go of their hard earned money...almost always based on the idea of a "need to express oneself". I will post a link to a video about him and his uncle "Sigmund Freud".

We are programmed. It is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact. We are programmed to want and to consume and thus the big wheel of commerce turns...and we get ground into dust beneath it.

Nice post though...thanks for sharing it.

here is the Video...almost forgot to post it.

edit on 4/23/2012 by Damrod because: added video link

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

So i am not my mind and my mind is a tool. I am the seer of my (the) mind? So instead of seeing through the mind i as a seer could bypass the mind and see reality directly. Or i could see that the mind is just a means of translating what is seen into words the mind can understand. The mind has a language, a culture, a conditioning factor. Where as plain seeing is true seeing.

Your ''true self'' is the one that sees what goes thru your mind. So all of your definitions, thoughts, beliefs, senses are created by the use of your mind. Without the mind you won't have any experience thus no reality. You can see the ''true self'' as silence but the concept of silence is a product of your mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

You can see 'your' reality (which is obscured by mind, conditioning), so is 'your mind made' reality.
Or you can see and hear life that is fresh and raw and untainted by programming.

You will ALWAYS have a belief and opinion about something whether you're aware of it or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

Then you must find out who or what the believer is?
Who is it that believes?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

Then you must find out who or what the believer is?
Who is it that believes?

The physical mind which reflects it's reality to the true self. Or you can just call it ''the non true self''.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join