It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporter Kicked off Stage at Tea party event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is a video of Josh Tolley getting kicked of stage for endorsing Ron Paul at a Tea Party Event in N.Y.

So much for free speech when it comes to the romeny campaign.

fyi the straw poll was won by Ron Paul even though It was suppose to be a "Romney" rally

forward to everyone to show how Romney's people trie to quite people who don't support him.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

I agree with his message...the Tea Party should split from the Republicans because Romney doesn't line up with their values.

Just out of pure intellectual honesty...the Tea Party shouldn't allow the Republican Party to "tread on them".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They don't need to split from the Republican party because Dr. Paul is running under their ticket. They simply need to vote according to their values as the speaker suggested. The straw poll at the end of the rally showed that he likely made an impression on them, as Ron Paul won. If more people were to get this message, we would see a lot less partisan mentality, an a lot more positive change in who we elect to office.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

And when Ron Paul loses the nomination...then what?

Do you think the Tea Party should stay with the Republicans and vote for Romney?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The Tea Party should not join either repubs or dems that would ruin there mesage

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

The Tea Party should not join either repubs or dems that would ruin there mesage

But they already have...Michelle Bachman???

I do honestly think the Tea Party should hold to their values, just for integrity purposes not because I agree with them....but I highly doubt they will.

I'm pretty sure Romney has carried the Tea Party vote in most of the primaries that have already occured...to me that tells me that they have already sold out (actually they sold out in 2010).

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
People like this are why I'm really thougthful about who I even tell about my time with Occupy AND my energy and effort for the support of Ron Paul.

It's got nothing to do with free speech...it's got to do with who else's free speech is violated for the rights of the one DEMANDING and FORCING their way onto a soapbox whether the event is appropriate or not. C'mon.... This wasn't a Ron Paul Rally and the reaction of the crowd SHOULD have given goofy here a clue. He was a Carter cheerleader at a Reagan Rally. Silence and Discretion is sometimes the better part of Valor and I'd personally be ashamed if I were Ron Paul and watching this done in my name.

If support is the point, this sure misses the mark. You don't GROW support by pissing off the very people who'd be among the crowd likely TO support. They couldn't when the "requests" came in the form of provocation and insults. Now, there isn't even a viable CAUSE anymore..and it still hasn't ended.

For shame RP supporters. For shame. Dr. Paul gave it everything he had....now short of an armed revolt that Paul would have his own supporters shot for staging, it's over. Over Over Over. Lets not DESTROY Ron Paul's good name and legacy by having stunts like this be what people remember him and his movement for.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Its sad but you are right the Tea Party is not what it used to be anymore

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

And when Ron Paul loses the nomination...then what?

Do you think the Tea Party should stay with the Republicans and vote for Romney?

Am I the only person who remembers that the Tea Party at it's formation was not a wing of the Republican Party?

Am I the only person who remembers that the Tea Party was not a wing of the Democratic Party?

It's in the name... Tea PARTY. Republican PARTY. Democratic PARTY. The name alone suggest that they are 3 individual entities, 3 separate parties.

Am I the only one who remembers how establishment Candidates from the Republican Party jumped on this Tea Party bandwagon?

I remember there was a few of us here on ATS, myself included, who back then warned everyone that the Republicans were co opting the Tea Party and they were taking it over.

So what happens when/if Ron Paul loses the nomination?

Easy, he should run Independent in my opinion.

Should the Tea Party stay with the Republicans and vote Romney?

Only if they are a bunch of hypocrites and sell outs who never believed in the original message of the Tea Party.

Personally, I think they Tea Party should become a legitimate Party and front their own Candidate. The fact is, they are not actually even a "Party" right now. Libertarians have their own Party, and their own Candidate. So does the Green Party. The Tea "Party" does nothing more than pick which Republican Candidate to support, which makes them nothing more than a Republican Party Special Interest Group.

Let's just call a spade a spade shall we?

edit on 22-4-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

Its sad but you are right the Tea Party is not what it used to be anymore

I should have read ALL the replies before posting

Outkast is 100% right. It's good to see I am not the only who remembers.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The Tea party needs to be what it was in 2010 agin in order to be important in 2012

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Tea Party has been completely hijacked from its grass-roots origins and today supports NOTHING that is in the best interests of the PEOPLE of this country.

The Tea Party now FULLY represents the interests of corrupt big business, greed, the SUPER-wealthy and corporations at the EXPENSE of the average American citizen.

The Tea Party is now a complete JOKE to be part of for anyone who considers themselves of We The People of America.

Only a FOOL believes that the Tea Party represents the interests of We The People of America.

edit on 22-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

The guy in the video says that

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So disgusting. Tea Partiers are just politicians who are a little younger and past yuppies.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I supported them when tey formed and throug the 2010 elections but not anymore

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The best part is everyone liked the message and even showed their support of the person speaking, however, the people running the "Romney Rally" didn't like that the message turned from favoring their man, to standing up for freedom.

That is what politics are all about though, lie to the people, make the people believe that the politician is there to serve them, then they get the vote, and that's it. Then, for the next four years, they don't know you until election time rolls around, suddenly they pull out their speeches, and their PR machine.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscoveryOfTruth

How sad is that. The Romney people dislike it when the speaker talks about freedom. What does that say about them?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I agree with his message...the Tea Party should split from the Republicans because Romney doesn't line up with their values.

Just out of pure intellectual honesty...the Tea Party shouldn't allow the Republican Party to "tread on them".

Exactly right!

We need the core of the Tea Party, the core of the Libertarians, the core of the Constitutionalists, the hardcore Blue Dog Democrats, and the Independents that believe in extremely limited government and free market, to rise up together against the 2-party system.

The only thing lacking is a strong leader to unit them. The fruit is plump and ripe, but Ron Paul gets a little frazzled, and he hasn't united everyone. His platform and message is outstanding, but he doesn't appeal to just everyone. Rand Paul might be the guy, but he makes a few people, like me, uneasy, and he seems corruptible. Not sure why, but just a gut feeling.

If a true leader would step out of the fog and speak to the commonalities between the extreme right and extreme left, and instead of compromising at every opportunity for the worst solution, instead stand strong and speak confidently with the true solutions and hard truths, then we could get this country on the right track without more drastic measures.

We just need one strong, charismatic leader to cull the herd.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Funny how the movement is hijacked at every turn ...

We Ron Paul supporters stared the Tea Party .

We Drafted Him with our support and the cash we could spare .

Who needs a co-opted movement to make our voices heard .

They Hear Us Now and they are Afraid .

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Their message of what?

Ignorance and overt racism?

That's all I've seen them preach.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join