It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN SAYS IT’S RECOVERED DATA FROM CAPTURED U.S. SPY DRONE & BEGUN BUILDING A COPY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a strong suspicion that Iran has not recovered data from the drone, and isn't building anything.

TEHRAN, Iran (The Blaze/AP) — Iran claimed Sunday that it had reverse-engineered an American spy drone captured by its armed forces last year and has begun building a copy.

Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, chief of the aerospace division of the powerful Revolutionary Guards, related what he said were details of the aircraft‘s operational history to prove his claim that Tehran’s military experts had extracted data from the U.S. RQ-170 Sentinel captured in December in eastern Iran, state television reported.

Among the drone’s past missions, he said, was surveillance of the compound in northwest Pakistan in which Osama Bin Laden lived and was killed.

Full Story Below:

STORY

I think the Iranians will be confused after they spend months trying to build a clone of the drone, and end up with:

"Aziz! I told you to turn the page to the right and read Left to Right!"

edit on 22-4-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
if they come up with an R2-D2, we're all screwed because than they have become the most advanced nation on the planet by building an astro-mech droid that has more tech in it than a nuclear missile.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
so what?

sounds like US fearmongering version of it,

standard R&D protocol, any country would do the same, no?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

IRAN SAYS IT’S RECOVERED DATA FROM CAPTURED U.S. SPY DRONE & BEGUN BUILDING A COPY,

and then:

I have a strong suspicion that Iran has not recovered data from the drone, and isn't building anything.

You tease...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Its only a matter of money, with enough money they could build copies, may not be as good as the original but who knows it could be better.

Thats only one of our drones though, one of many that are constantly worked on and upgraded with near endless black project budgets.

Lets not forget if this thing crashed in Iran we already are violating their airspace with military craft, if this had been a piloted recon craft it would be much worse, anyone remember the U2 shot down over russia, or the more recent Hainan Island incident?

Iran has a bit of a right to be upset, and even reverse engineer it, we lost it they found it, if a Russian craft crashed in Alaska you don't think wed have it stripped and figured out in a heart beat?
edit on 22-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

That's what they want you to believe.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There's always the idea that the US 'allowed' them to get the drone, so they then have an excuse to invade Iran at a later date on the basis that they are using stolen weapons or something.

The moral equivalent of throwing a pile of cash into your neighbours garden and then beating the crap out of him when he spends it.

I understand that Iran did mock (and indeed troll) the US by sending them a model drone, which was amusing and very undiplomatic - but then again would the US give back an Iranian drone?

I think not.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder if Iran will be as stupid as the US and pay half a million dollars for a drone worth about a thousand? There is not much technology on those things that is not already available. A universal jammer will be developed and drones will be useless.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm surprised to learn that Iran has the advanced manufacturing facilities to duplicate the materials the US Drone is made of...

I've never seen a drone but I assumed that its not made of standard metals and plastics...

Being that they obviously do have these capabilities, it makes one wonder why they don't already have more advanced drones of their own.

honestly, i think they are about to construct and deploy the world's very first paper mache drone.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Let them ( Assuming it's true)....

They can barely build a missile with out it blowing up on the launch pad.

Hell, it wasn't that long ago that they were bragging about this new piece of technology they stumbled upon......

Boats that can land and take off on water.....

Yep, something that has been around since 1910 and they were bragging about it...

Maybe they will be an actual threat to some one now and we wont be bullying them for no real reason?

Popular or not, that is where I stand.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Here are their stealth flying boats, state of the art

But i highly doubt any nation would show what they actually have, plus what happend to Mehran Keshe and his plasma reactor flying saucers ?

A fixed or handheld micro-plasma-reactor can be build-in, connected with and/or inserted into various electrical/electronic devices (i.e. mobile phones, computers), in various objects (i.e. lighting devices in general, light bulb, microchips, IC's), in various container types (i.e. cooking pan) and all type of machines, i.e. vacuum-cleaner, pumps, electrical car, etc., to generate DC current and/or AC, and consequently the various uses resulting from electrical current, for lighting, for heating/cooling, and desired process (i.e. creation magnetic fields). The self-sustaining plasmatic process gives independent functioning without connections to any electrical power network, solar cells or the need to recharge. New type of products will be created. Different type of micro-reactors are decribed, and new methodes of technology.

The new method and technology is described to create - under centrifugal and vacuum conditions - in presence of ionization condition - a turbulence, rotation, compressive and heating of a gaseous matter is created in a reactor by at least one central rotative magnetic field with the purpose of creating plasmatic conditions leading to the creation various magnetic fields where at least the interaction of two magnetic field would lead to the creation of at least one gravitational force phenomena. In a reactor-embodiment a chain of energetic events is created via a rotative magnetic initiation of a basic ionization of a gas (i.e. hydrogen) which then triggers a controllable chain of energy transfers (Scintillation) to the next following layer(s) of introduced gasses (i.e. He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe), of all other introduced elements of the periodic table (i.e. Li, Be, K, Ca, Ti, ... Pt, etc.) and/or their introduced molecule combinations (i.e. a vapor). A central colums has magnetic means to start the process. Various concepts, applications and products are disclosed, such as space travel and atomic welding.

Source : ATS thread

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker

Here are their stealth flying boats, state of the art

But i highly doubt any nation would show what they actually have, plus what happend to Mehran Keshe and his plasma reactor flying saucers ?

A fixed or handheld micro-plasma-reactor can be build-in, connected with and/or inserted into various electrical/electronic devices (i.e. mobile phones, computers), in various objects (i.e. lighting devices in general, light bulb, microchips, IC's), in various container types (i.e. cooking pan) and all type of machines, i.e. vacuum-cleaner, pumps, electrical car, etc., to generate DC current and/or AC, and consequently the various uses resulting from electrical current, for lighting, for heating/cooling, and desired process (i.e. creation magnetic fields). The self-sustaining plasmatic process gives independent functioning without connections to any electrical power network, solar cells or the need to recharge. New type of products will be created. Different type of micro-reactors are decribed, and new methodes of technology.

The new method and technology is described to create - under centrifugal and vacuum conditions - in presence of ionization condition - a turbulence, rotation, compressive and heating of a gaseous matter is created in a reactor by at least one central rotative magnetic field with the purpose of creating plasmatic conditions leading to the creation various magnetic fields where at least the interaction of two magnetic field would lead to the creation of at least one gravitational force phenomena. In a reactor-embodiment a chain of energetic events is created via a rotative magnetic initiation of a basic ionization of a gas (i.e. hydrogen) which then triggers a controllable chain of energy transfers (Scintillation) to the next following layer(s) of introduced gasses (i.e. He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe), of all other introduced elements of the periodic table (i.e. Li, Be, K, Ca, Ti, ... Pt, etc.) and/or their introduced molecule combinations (i.e. a vapor). A central colums has magnetic means to start the process. Various concepts, applications and products are disclosed, such as space travel and atomic welding.

Source : ATS thread

They are called Ground effect vehicles or flarecraft and only fly a few feet above the surface on a cushion of air. Not an amphibious aircraft, or a seaplane. These rely on conventional power.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

They had help taking it down. They will get help reverse engineering it. They are not alone in this..

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They probably just asked the 16 year old Chinese girl from Foxconn
who made it for help.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'd buy an astro-mech. I'd rather have an R4 than an R2 though. As for the drone theyre supposedly building...I am going to say the muslim art of telling lies, a.k.a. Taqiyya.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a rendition of what a redneck's astromech might look like

Except it would be Budweiser.

new topics

top topics

join