It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Make A Few Bucks? Collect Your Cash Reward If...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First, I want to thank Autowrench for telling me about this booklet. I would not have known about it otherwise.

You can find a synopsis, contents, and order page here. And you can download a full copy of the PDF here.

The True Authorship of the New Testament is the first book that explains the true authorship of the New Testament. It has been advertised and sold in magazines since 1979 and no one has claimed the $1,416.19 challenge the Foundation has offered to anyone who can disprove their thesis that the Calpurnius Piso's of Rome wrote the New Testament.

Besides offering a small financial reward for proving the author wrong, he and his publisher are willing to publicly debate his "facts".

A Challenging Proposal--If any group or person should feel its sincerity and/or honesty is being un-fairly attacked by this booklet or should wish to challenge this thesis, we stand ready to publicly debate on the issues: (a) the actual authorship of the New Testament, and (b) the proof that leaders know this great secret and use the information (which is code) in their writings.

It's "(b)" that caught my eye, even more so than the rest. It has long been my contention that the leadership of the Catholic and Protestant churches have outright deceived, and also withheld critical information from their congregations, all for money, and more importantly, control. If this mans claims are true, then this may very well be the "smoking gun" I've been trying to find for years.

If the leadership of the churches in this world know this "truth". Then our governments also know this "truth". This would explain why the US government has tied the hands of the IRS when it comes to the church in the US, for all but blatant criminal cases among church leadership. Because they benefit from Christianity greatly, financially, and as a control mechanism.

(See my thread here for more info on the church and the IRS. But here's a snippet:

...under the Internal Revenue Code, churches are not required to file a 990 tax form, or any other form. The IRS is prohibited from inspecting the books of churches to determine where the contributions go or how the churches spend the money.

You can bet it isn't because the US government is religious or generous.)

I have only gotten through the first several pages of this booklet so far. I have a lot of reading and research to do before I wholly buy into it myself. But it would be great to have the input and opinion of ATS'ers who have read, or plan on reading the booklet.

As well, it gives christians the opportunity to read through it, and debunk it themselves. The money is infinitesimal, but if you can prove this man wrong publicly, that's a win against the heathens and the devil.

Speaking of the devil:

For those Christians and Muslims that are worried about Satan, we will put your mind at ease. The name and the concept of Satan, the Devil, Lucifer etc. was created by Arius Calpurnius Piso. What’s interesting is he also played the part in the story. Click on this link and find out what he did. Explanation for the name of Satan.

edit on 4/22/2012 by Klassified because: Corrections, corrections, corrections

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Although I have not read the book it would not take much to convince me at all of the claims.
I feel the new testamentleans towards and sounds like a governing body wrote it to keep people in line.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

ohhhh dude, the 1'st amendment.
Now I am actually against anyone having to sign up to pay an illegal tax.
And having to file for a 501c3 (I think that's it) is an afront to the 1'st amendment.
Though the irs and fed is working hard to make the church subservient under them by requiring them to ask permission.
If that gets past you your entire hypothesis completely falls flat on it's face on the outset. Your mentor simply doesn't get it either.
1400 dollars...wow!
And an open debate...wow.
I am willing to offer anyone 1500 dollars. Thats what, about 5% more than the infamous author offers to dispel the greatest story ever told.
I offer 1500, that is FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS, USD, cold hard cash TO PROVE TO ME WHAT i HAD FOR LUNCH LAST TUESDAY. aND i OPENLY OFFER TO DEBATE THIS TOPIC WITH ANYONE AT ANY TIME.

sheesh, some people fall for the easiest and silliest stuff.
All those eyewitnesses that lost their lives for what they saw and believed.
All fell for the poser you say?
ROFL.
But you guys figured it out 2,000 years later. KUDOS TO YOU? wHERE WAS IT PRINTED? nEXUS MAGAZINE?

OK, READ, GLEAN AND LEARN OF YOUR FOLLY
v
START WITH CHAPTER 1.
tHEN EMAIL mR. wALLACE AND OFFER HIM THE OFFER YOU MADE HERE.
GET BACK WITH US AFTER YOU DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE AND HAVE CONTACTED HIM AND TELL US ALL OF YOUR FAILURES OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, MMMKAY
edit on 22-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Glad you're so confident.

All you need do is dispute this mans claims, prove he's wrong, and you get enough money to go on a weekend vacation, and you become a hero. "Like taking candy from a baby". Right?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i will have to check this out!!!
this is why the templers were arrested and excommunicated. they were accused of spitting on the cross,probably because they found out the real truth about jesus when they were digging below solomon's temple,and denied the churches 'believe us or die' attitude!
friday the 13th,unlucky for some! long live jacque demoley!!! R.I.P.!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

YOU SOUND REAL CONFIDENT.
i'LL TAKE A CHECK FROM YOU FOR 1400 DOLLARS IF YOU CANNOT TELL ME what I had for lunch last tuesday.
That's even easier than proving a negative like this lame offer.
Go do your due diligence instead of relying upon ats frauds.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Very interesting ... LIke many others I've been leery of the new testament for years, ever since I realized that the supposed intent of the main character (jesus) diverges quite noticeably from the intent of the rest of the book. Put simply Jesus wanted to set people free and the apostles wanted to usurp power from the old bosses and take on the mantle of power themselves. Between this and the fact that saul (paul) was in fact actually an appointee of the romans, I find the whole thing dubious.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

TPTB are giving the church enough rope to hang itself with.

It will all make sense when religion is known as the useless pile of **** it is.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Recently they some linguists ran the bible through a program that could identify if two pieces of literature were written by the same author. From memory, they were 95% sure that all the books were written by different(where applicable) authors.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

YOU SOUND REAL CONFIDENT.
i'LL TAKE A CHECK FROM YOU FOR 1400 DOLLARS IF YOU CANNOT TELL ME what I had for lunch last tuesday.
That's even easier than proving a negative like this lame offer.
Go do your due diligence instead of relying upon ats frauds.

I have done my due diligence. Almost 30 years of my life went into devout christianity. I have read the bible through several times, and all of it's extant texts and commentaries too. I lived it day after day. If there are any frauds to be found, IMO, they are sitting in positions of leadership in the christian churches of this world, claiming to be a beacon of light and hope to the masses on one hand, while they lie, cheat, steal, and fleece their congregations and followers with the other hand.

If you believe this author to be wrong, and a fraud, tell me why in some detail. Otherwise, what I'm hearing from you is you have no real rebuttal. You're just trolling.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Recently they some linguists ran the bible through a program that could identify if two pieces of literature were written by the same author. From memory, they were 95% sure that all the books were written by different(where applicable) authors.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thanks Occam, makes sense. The booklet claims the New Testament had several authors. All from one Roman family. So that much checks out.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Lets remember its very easy to make a claim that is unprovable... much like the ancient aliens show and there claims, You can't directly "prove" that aliens weren't visiting earth back than.

I could say "Give me proof they absolutely where not visiting earth and early man, They being aliens, give me the proof and ill give you a 100 bucks"...

edit on 22-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
this must be the atheist's bible, and you can have it all for the low, low price of $25.

the best is the irony, writing a book claiming that it's used to fleece people, while fleecing people $25 with the same book that makes that claim.

this is nothing more than illuminati/atheist Jesus denial propaganda, baiting and hooking the weak minded.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Agreed.

Which is why I'm going to go through it carefully. Because I'm not on board just because he makes the claim. I wanna see his evidence.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
this must be the atheist's bible, and you can have it all for the low, low price of $25.

the best is the irony, writing a book claiming that it's used to fleece people, while fleecing people $25 with the same book that makes that claim.

this is nothing more than illuminati/atheist Jesus denial propaganda, baiting and hooking the weak minded.

I can agree with everything up to the last sentence. You haven't read it I gather. And I haven't finished dissecting it. So neither of us can say that yet.

BTW, you can download it for FREE on the web. The link is in the OP.
edit on 4/22/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

But I allready destroyed your first claim.
Religion is supposed to be free fro any government intervention.
Having to file a 501c3 is an affront to religious liberty.
If you missed that how are we to take anything else you say as credible?
Why am I supoosed to jump through hoops if you never grasp something that foundational?
And I am the troll?
If so, you are offering nothing but troll bait.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

As well, it gives christians the opportunity to read through it, and debunk it themselves.

That Josephus Flavius auhtored the NT, but in reality was Arrius Calpurnio Piso ? To put it in other words :

There's been a lively run of this on the sci.classics newsgroup. The short form of this is that the Piso family is responsible for all secular and sacred Greco-Roman-Christian history, all part of a vast goof performed by them on unsuspecting modern scholars. It reads like a huge collaborative parody of Leo Strauss composed by Borges, Nabokov, and Eco, all under the influence of something they got from Hunter Thompson.

On the roman piso theory

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes, its nearly impossible to prove a Negative in an argument IE: Prove mermaids don't exist, Prove God doesn't and etc.

Same thing here, prove the bible wasn't written by Big Foot... its a logical fallacy to assume just because you can't find the evidence that something isn't true or is for that matter is true, its the same trap Theist fall into when arguing about God.
edit on 22-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ROFL. You tell me you did your due diligence, but you never read the book you are selling us?
How does this make sense to you?
Are you selling us your pre-suppositions that you want the book to prove?
lol, this is classic.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

But I allready destroyed your first claim.
Religion is supposed to be free fro any government intervention.
Having to file a 501c3 is an affront to religious liberty.
If you missed that how are we to take anything else you say as credible?
Why am I supoosed to jump through hoops if you never grasp something that foundational?
And I am the troll?
If so, you are offering nothing but troll bait.

Ah, a straw man eh?
It wasn't my first claim. And you destroyed nothing. I never argued that the government has made no laws concerning the church. Nor did I say the government had adhered to the first amendment. Reread the OP. I said they had tied the hands of the IRS in regards to accountability with cash donations.

And if all you have to build a straw man with is my thoughts on the church, the first amendment, and the IRS, then again, you have no rebuttal for the main premise of the thread.

Was the new testament written by a single Roman family named Piso? Or was it not? And what do you personally think, either way?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join