It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Cops Search for Missing Girl, 6

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

THAT IS FLIPPING CRAZY!!

I can't believe how many weak predators live around good people, but in nature around the world happen maybe more, its just life and we do what we can. I pray somebody brings her home safely to her family!

God Bless

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Family of Isabel Mercedes Celis kept from home as FBI probes disappearance

The family of a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her bedroom was being kept away from their home in Tucson after an FBI dog search early Monday turned up information that required a follow-up, investigators said.

I surely hope this is only media hype in the wording - making it sound like the dogs made a 'hit'...

Here's another article - maybe it tells more.

Isabel Mercedes Celis case: Family asked to leave home after FBI dogs find clue

Police asked the family of missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis to leave their Tucson home on Monday after search dogs found clues that could shed new light on the little girl's disappearance.

At least they're being very careful not to name the dog's as 'cadaver dogs' - unless they aren't?

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor didn't say what the FBI canine unit found during the overnight search, only that the evidence required "more followup," ABC News reported.

In the meantime, the first-grader's parents, Sergio and Becky Celis, and two brothers were asked to leave the home until further notice, and the house was being treated like a crime scene.

Light on the innuendo - so far a great job of reporting. I hope it stays that way.

peace and prayers to all involved

edit on 23-4-2012 by silo13 because: link fix

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

(quotes from video)

'The dogs did alert on a few things'

The mother was home during the night - the mother had gone to work in the morning and the father was left to find the little girl missing.

He also states though the window screen was missing - it's not definitive.

That (the missing screen) would be a potential point of entry but there are other circumstances that keep us from saying that is the definitive point of entry.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Covering the update of landfill search - officers 'finishing up' with that search...

They're playing this very close to the vest. A landfill search.

LE reiterating they're keeping an open mind.

They're also contacting all merchants in the area for surveillance vids, etc.

LE is going to request an interview with the parents - reiterating again that's completely up to the parents.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Tucson girl, 6, missing: Search expands to landfill

TUCSON -- Authorities expanded their search Monday for missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis, with crews searching a landfill some 6 miles from the Celis family home.

Police also contacted all 17 registered sex offenders who live within a 3-mile radius of the home, officials said.

Lt. Fabian Pacheco of the Tucson Police Department declined to elaborate about the search at Los Reales Landfill, other than to describe the work as "just part of our investigative efforts."

How dreadful for all concerned.

Why've we not heard from the parents yet? Honest question with no innuendo.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
it never gets any easier...does it, when my girls were little...girls disappeared in broad daylight, michaela garecht was grabbed in front of her friend outside the store. jaycee dugard grabbed from the bus stop, her father tried to follow the car on his bike,

others just disappeared angela bugay, tara cossey,ilene misheloff, nikki cambell, amber schwartz.

sorry I went off topic, missing children makes me think of these old cases, of course jaycee was finally found. it was a really scary time

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Missing Tucson Girl Isabel Celis' Family Will 'Never Give Up Finding Her'

More info and interesting in depth video at the above link.

Police evacuated the Celis family from their home today following the dog search, which involved one cadaver dog and one scent-following dog, Villasenor said. They are treating the house as a crime scene.

So they're finally dropping the other shoe - using the word 'cadaver'.

Police have not ruled out the parents of the missing child as suspects.

"We are investigating all of the parties involved," he said today.

Investigators also continued to search a nearby landfill today where garbage was taken after being picked up at the Celis's home on Saturday, Villasenor said. Having police turn to a landfill for evidence of the girl was a grim turn in the investigation.

Close to the chest information is opening up. With opinions.

From the video - investigator reiterated the chance of her being taken from her home and that individual being someone she didn't know is very remote. At 6 years old she would have to have voluntarily left with the abductor which promotes the idea it was someone Isabel knew.

*Something to note: Isabel's mother last saw her daughter at around 2300 the night before the disappearance. In the morning - the mother went to work early. (Without checking on Isabel?)

Most newscasts and interviews are reporting 'they' found her missing. This is not so. The father was left to wake Isabel later - he's the lone person who found Isabel missing. Chilling when you consider the next quote.

"We don't have an actual piece of evidence that points us in one direction or another, so, for example we don't have a piece of evidence that says she was definitively taken from the residence," police spokeswoman Sgt. Maria Hawke said. "We don't have any specific piece of evidence that tells us she left the residence on her own."

Celis' family told ABC News on Sunday that they have no doubt she was kidnapped by a stranger.

prayers and peace to all involved
edit on 24-4-2012 by silo13 because: fix my bold

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sear ch for Isabel Celis Leads To Cadaver Alert In Home And Local Landfill- Family Barred From Home

To support my info above:

After Isa’s Mother Becky Celis left for work as a pediatric nurse at Tuscon Medical Center her Father told police he went to wake her at about 8am and she was not in her bed. The blinds in her room were askew and her window was open.

The screen to her window had been removed. Sergio Celis’s call t0 911 has not been released.

Also:

Becky and Sergio Celis, Isabel’s parents have not spoken publicly about their daughter’s disappearance.

Updated Pictures:

(Credit for picture listed above)

peace
edit on 24-4-2012 by silo13 because: pic credit

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hope and prayers and good thoughts. I cannot imagine the horror of losing a child. Even for a few moments. All the best to her family, and lets all hope/pray/whatever that little girl is alive and well somewhere. These stories hurt.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nice the cops are keeping an open mind I have seen too many times the investigators narrow the search down to their favourite suspect and forsake all other possible leads. When the error has been discovered far to much time has passed for the real Monster to be found!

Question when they knocked on these local Monster's Doors, in that 2 mile sweep, to question, have they brought the dogs in or just accept the word with just a quick look around?

I now understand there was a screen on the window but still think if I had little ones I would still use an alarm as I outlined and linked in my last post. I would really like everyone with vulnerable children to consider this. I have heard these alarms work and for the small price seems cheap insurance. IMHO!

Thanks Silo you are doing an outstanding job keeping us informed and with ATS going all over the world this is a great service you are doing.

I pray they find her soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Search for 6-year-old Arizona girl turns back to her Tucson home

The search for a missing 6-year-old Arizona girl who authorities say may have been snatched from her bedroom in Tucson entered its third day on Monday as search dogs shifted investigators' attention back to the child's home.

Two specially trained dogs brought in by the FBI arrived on the scene late on Sunday, he told a news conference on Monday morning, and "the dogs did alert on a few things ... but what exactly that is we're trying to determine."

"We have information obtained from the dogs that necessitate our follow-up investigation," the chief said. "In order to do that, we secured the residence, we've asked the family to leave the residence, so we don't have to talk about any other contamination of the scene. And we will conduct that follow-up investigation."

So is this sounding bleaker - or just a spin on the original notice of the dogs, them leaving the home, etc to try and keep the story alive?

Stay positive!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Isabel Celis Disappearance Prompts $6,000 Reward

Video at this link.

- Reward for substantial leads.

- Search warrant issued, family moved out, dogs hit on 'something'. (I believe the family is back in the home now though).

- The family had dogs. They bark like crazy. No way anyone could get near that house the dogs didn't know. (NEW INFO.)!

- The family has not spoken publicly but released a statement thanking everyone and promising to continue to look, continue to be cooperative to investigators etc.

(All points above taken from video).

peace

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

- The family had dogs. They bark like crazy. No way anyone could get near that house the dogs didn't know. (NEW INFO.)!

That´s weird. Almost makes me think it could´ve been the mother that took her. The rest of the family was asleep when she left for work during the night right?

And if the dogs didn't bark.

It wouldn't make sense though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
if i was the police i'd just get the judge to spend alot of time signing warrants as soon as they turn up off the printer as i'd say that the culprit is a local person since they know the dogs enough not to cause trouble and also knows how to visit the bedroom without leaving much of a trace

and if anyone has suddenly gone on holiday i'd be contacting the police force in that area to check everything out

but for some reason i cant help feeling that its a ransom from someone who knows her and is just waiting for it to become worth enough to claim the reward

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Isabel Celis Search Scaled Down By Police

Police are scaling back search efforts for a 6-year-old girl who was last seen Friday night when she was getting ready for bed in her Tucson home.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said Tuesday that law enforcement officials expect to wrap up their intensive search for any sign of Isabel Mercedes Celis by Wednesday morning.

Villasenor said the drop in personnel doesn't mean authorities have given up hope of finding Isabel alive.

He said police will be shifting from searching to an investigative phase, since investigators have re-visited sites they believe could be relevant.

About 50 officers finished searching a city landfill, but Villasenor would not disclose if any leads were found. Authorities had said the landfill search was conducted because trash had been taken out Saturday before police could secure the home.

Investigators have kept Isabel's family away from the home as they search for clues to her disappearance from her bedroom.

On Monday, FBI dogs – one that can find human remains and the other used for search and rescue – went through the home and turned up information that required a follow-up, but police declined to say what that was.

More to the article with pictures and a video at link.

So we're on to the 'investigative' phase. Disappointing for sure.

I wish we'd heard something from the parents. It's a shame they didn't even try appealing to the public (maybe the kidnapper) but at the same time? It's their right.

peace
edit on 26-4-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The parents did finally make a short appearance to appeal for her return. I hate to say this...I didn't have a good feeling while watching them. I Pray for the little girl. I still hold onto hope.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They did??? Oh do tell where you saw this. It's just 0730 here this morning and I'm combing through links - I have not found it yet! Thanks tons!

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm still looking for the parents plea to the community - in the mean time I found this.

Yes, I find her nauseating but there ya go...

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Found it: Here's a link to the parents plea for Isabel.

See parents here

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Surveillance Video - possible clues.

Police have continued to look for Celis this week by searching homes in the neighborhood, digging through a nearby landfill, and searching waterways and drainage systems in Tucson today. Investigators have also obtained surveillance video footage, including that from a camera pointed at the Celis house from only 75 yards away, that might yield clues from Friday night or early Saturday morning, police have said.

I can't wait to hear more about this. Maybe the info is already out there? I'm still looking. On the other hand if the info had been released? Meaning - if the police viewed the abductor/abduction on the video? I can't imagine that wouldn't provoke an Amber Alert for Isabel right there... So... Wow... That makes me think there is no abductor.

The coin turns in my mind from the parents being innocent to culpable. Another young girl, two older brothers... It's almost humanly impossible not to start looking into the shadows of Lisa Irwin here now.

peace
edit on 26-4-2012 by silo13 because: see above

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join