It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy to make out killing as wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by WarJohn

I hope you're not planning on killing anyone...people are not germs...

Des

I strongly agree!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by WarJohn

Originally posted by WarJohn
How many of you have been brainwashed...

Sounds like you've done a fair amount of it on yourself.

The 'killing is wrong' standard requires reference to what is being killed. When it comes to people, the justifiable circumstances (if any) narrow considerably. In that context, those who oppose the killing of other humans do so either because of religious belief or secular belief.

In the secular context, the biggest reason to oppose the intentional killing of others is the prospect of error or abuse when deciding what is justifiable. Six thousand years of recorded human history certainly teaches us that is the case.

Me thinks you need to reconsider what you are trying to say.

edit on 22-4-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

The reason people wont kill with fair enough reason in most cases is because they know they can go to jail.

The law stands against people killing people for no matter the reason if one is, except in self-defense.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

With illegal everything these days, I'd surely like to go back in time to live in the wild west days.

Who in their right mind wouldn't want more freedom from these days?

right, give up all the "Benefits" of modern society from past 1900- begin by destroying that laptop/tablet/smartphone you are using to present your "argument"- I then suggest moving to the lawless tribal areas between Afghanistan and Pakistan

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

Des

In this brainwashed land I wouldn't tell a soul if I were planning any such thing.

I keep my deepest plans to myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The reason people wont kill with fair enough reason in most cases is because they know they can go to jail.

The law stands against people killing people for no matter the reason if one is, except in self-defense.

I'm done here.

No useful discussion possible with you.

If your premise is you should be entitled to kill other people upon your own standards, YOU are a very big problem.

I hope you're not for real. If you are, seek help.

You really need it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by WarJohn

There's nothing fair about killing. One man's "reason" is another man's p ss pour excuse. It is quite easy for someone to rationalize in their own mind that they have a reason to kill, when in reality, there is no reason whatsoever. Do you really want to go back to the ways of the "Wild West?" I really don't think you do as you would see exactly what I mean first hand, and I don't think you would like what you saw.

You don't rationalize with a psychotic bent on World domination/ destruction... Their reasons don't necessarily require logic as greed and power consume all else.

Would you put down a rabid animal in the process of dismembering your child? Would you prevent your family from being violated and left for dead by an intruder? You need to ask yourself some harder questions in accordance with moral latitude.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

link   
So in your scenario, a someone kills a troublemaker.
Well, to the people that knew that "troublemaker", the person who just killed that person, is now the troublemaker, making it fair game to kill him/her. Now the person that just killed the troublemaker, that killed the troublemaker, is another troublemaker, and will get killed by someone else, who will then turn into the next troublemaker. To be killed by the next "troublemaker"

When or how would the cycle ever stop?

It's a ridiculous concept.
Killing is wrong. Period. It's not a conspiracy.

link   

reply to post by WarJohn

Des

In this brainwashed land I wouldn't tell a soul if I were planning any such thing.

You are going to kill somebody!? If not, why the secret?!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

You are barking up the wrong tree, buddy, as you have no idea what I have had to do in the past to protect those around me. Gives me kind of a unique perspective on the whole killing issue. I realize that you think that you can conceive of every possible outcome or problem that exists, as thinkers often do, but "doers" like myself know that the world does not operate in black and white. In all honesty, I don't even know why I'm responding to you as I can see where this is going even before it has begun. You think you have everything figured out as you have never had to take another life (this much is obvious), but I know exactly where I stand on the issue. Whether you agree with me or not, I have seen and done things that I won't ever be able to tell my family, all in the name of a nation that I once loved, so don't tell me that killing is justifiable. It may be justifiable in the moment, but when it comes down to it, it's just another face that greets you every time you close your eyes. Do you really want something like that? I really don't think you do. Going out and killing someone makes you no different than a common criminal. Killing someone that breaks into your home (I would shoot to wound in such a situation as there are wounds that are worse than death) has nothing to do with what I am trying to say here. Pre-meditated murder is just plain wrong. If you can't see that, than I feel sorry for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

reply to post by WarJohn

Des

I think living beings have souls. So no one can kill anyone actually.
I can't kill another living being. The Supreme Being knows.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

So, youre saying you can kill someone because this someone will ''survive as a soul''?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well gee, I dunno.....maybe the entire families that were slaughtered on a regular basis by cattle barons with the goal of stealing land might have a different perspective, don't you? Freedom for all means freedom for ALL, including the robbers, banksters and barons.
edit on 22/4/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

Des

So warjohn...you are saying you can kill the body that houses the soul. But, you haven't really technically by your definition killed anyone.....
:

You are losing your grip on what is right and what is wrong....

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

So, youre saying you can kill someone because this someone will ''survive as a soul''?

Trying to twist what I said?
It doesn't work.

I'll put this another way...

I am not capable of killing a single living soul.

Therefore I can not kill a living soul.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

Des

So warjohn...you are saying you can kill the body that houses the soul. But, you haven't really technically by your definition killed anyone.....
:

You are losing your grip on what is right and what is wrong....

Des

Only person to tell you what is right and what is wrong is you.

That apply to everybody.

Don't let society brainwash you with what somebody else says is right or wrong.

Have your own mind to think with.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Yes warjohn, you are correct. I have my own mind to think with. Our minds don't think the same. I don't believe in killing people...germs are up for grabs in my thinking....

You are the one now twisting your own words to try to fit into what other people have posted as their thinking.....

You do that a lot warjohn.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Americanist

You are barking up the wrong tree, buddy, as you have no idea what I have had to do in the past to protect those around me. Gives me kind of a unique perspective on the whole killing issue. I realize that you think that you can conceive of every possible outcome or problem that exists, as thinkers often do, but "doers" like myself know that the world does not operate in black and white. In all honesty, I don't even know why I'm responding to you as I can see where this is going even before it has begun. You think you have everything figured out as you have never had to take another life (this much is obvious), but I know exactly where I stand on the issue. Whether you agree with me or not, I have seen and done things that I won't ever be able to tell my family, all in the name of a nation that I once loved, so don't tell me that killing is justifiable. It may be justifiable in the moment, but when it comes down to it, it's just another face that greets you every time you close your eyes. Do you really want something like that? I really don't think you do. Going out and killing someone makes you no different than a common criminal. Killing someone that breaks into your home (I would shoot to wound in such a situation as there are wounds that are worse than death) has nothing to do with what I am trying to say here. Pre-meditated murder is just plain wrong. If you can't see that, than I feel sorry for you.

Straight question: Who did you kill? I expect a straight answer. Someone stepping inside your front door about to unleash hell? Yes, it's another face that greets you alone. Not all men. Again, I cite moral latitude and resolve. What gave you the right to take someone's life in the first place? What scenario was this? I don't need preaching from the guilty. I've seen grown men weep because they took an innocent life.

There are the innocent... And there are the truly wicked. It is most certainly black and white as a matter of protection.

(I would shoot to wound in such a situation as there are wounds that are worse than death) has nothing to do with what I am trying to say here. Pre-meditated murder is just plain wrong. If you can't see that, than I feel sorry for you.

You've become delusional and diluted. Furthermore, shoot to wound is a farce with a shotgun full of magnum 00BK. I said nothing of premeditation. Don't mince words. That wasn't my point either. My stance is self-defense. Your failure to cope leads me to believe you were just "following orders." Now you can answer the question up top.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As any good experienced martial artist will tell you: if you have to fight it is because you have already lost.
If you have to kill to protect it is because someone has made the situation manifest because they didn't take care of something correctly in the first place.

and while I defend gun rights as a form of mad, I realize these days:
if they let you have guns its because they have something better....
or worse
edit on 22-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
As any good experienced martial artist will tell you: if you have to fight it is because you have already lost.
If you have to kill to protect it is because someone has made the situation manifest because they didn't take care of something correctly in the first place.

and while I defend gun rights as a form of mad, I realize these days:
if they let you have guns its because they have something better....
or worse
edit on 22-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Hardly always that black and white

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I'm just going to ask you flat out. Have you ever killed someone? I'm only asking because I have had to bear that burden in life and I do not agree with you whatsoever. I have no problem killing in self defense or defense innocent people but that still does not make it right in my opinion. As the other poster said, those faces are there everytime you close your eyes wether you felt justified in your actions or not. My war days are over and I pray that I never have to take another human life agian as it scars the soul forever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join