It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimps worship a supreme being???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I just watched a clip of chimps in the wild kneeling and kissing the hand of the alpha male. The idea behind the clip was to prove that there is a supreme being. I didn't get that at all. If anything it proves that the idea of worship was invented when we were dumb animals in fear of the earthly leader of our group. What do you get out of it?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A higher being can help direct decision, thus bring down brain activity (because then, the decision is not yours anymore, you don't have to think about it anymore). A bit like the pyramid structure of Military officers.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You do have a point as clearly some worship david icke, von daniken, etc
Some religion or idols ..
most people it seems, need someone to lead them out of the dark in dark times..

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I absolutely think the tendancy to believe in a supreme being comes form our social animal instincts and draws towards formation of groups and hierarchies.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Like sheep following the shepherd "

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
people worship a supreme being because there is one
and he only talks to you through me
and he told me to tell you
to give me all your money
( it's for him of course!)

so give it here, or he will cause an earth quake, or throw some lighning bolts on ya!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well the logic makes sense if we are simply enhanced apes.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I just watched a clip of chimps in the wild kneeling and kissing the hand of the alpha male. The idea behind the clip was to prove that there is a supreme being. I didn't get that at all. If anything it proves that the idea of worship was invented when we were dumb animals in fear of the earthly leader of our group. What do you get out of it?

www.youtube.com...

WOW! That video is REALLY reaching.

What I took from it? The god that most religions were in awe of, the god of the OT, is nothing but a big, bad, mean ole monkey with an empty kerosene can he's banging around.
edit on 22-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Supreme beings provide a way for humans to fool themselves into believing it will continue after its death. If there was a supreme being who told you that when you die your just dead and gone and then told you to worship it just because it is supreme and it might answer your prayers if it deemed them worthy... would you worship such a being?

God is nothing more than a mental escape from the fear of mortality.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

so are you a nihilist?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

" Take my hand, I'l only offer it once " Gladitor.

I find this very indicative of one thing and one thing only, as I saw nothing that fit the word worship.

Even chimps, unlike some humans seem to know of respect..
edit on 22-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
reply to post by Xeven

so are you a nihilist?

No. I don't even deny that we could have been created by an intelligent life. There is just not yet any reason to believe so. There is definately no reason to believe anything in any of the ancient religions that are being followed by today's prominent religions. You may as well believe in Santa Clause based on the evidence provided in the religious text people follow.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We have a lot to learn from animals... Aren't these the things we do anyway though when we are star-struck. I can so see some people I know kissing their favorite star's hand this way.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

This is off topic a bit, but I would beg to differ. I think there is plenty of reasons to believe in an intelligent creator.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

reply to post by Xeven

so are you a nihilist?

No. I don't even deny that we could have been created by an intelligent life. There is just not yet any reason to believe so. There is definately no reason to believe anything in any of the ancient religions that are being followed by today's prominent religions. You may as well believe in Santa Clause based on the evidence provided in the religious text people follow.

but they do their names are von daniken and david icke..
lol they are worshiped like gods and the sheeple follow
just like they follow our leaders ..
and some of these sheeple follow both sides..
followed by santa claus the tooth fairy and donald duck no doubt..lol

north korea they followed their leaders like as if they were gods themselfs..

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

human's are by nature creatures who follow.

Even if you are free from all the so called "idols" what happens? A person makes themselves an idol. Is that any better?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We're closer to Bonobo's than the other Chimps.

Bonobo Chimps: Girls Rule!

Despite the patriarchal society the males and females share it. They do it with their sons.

I find it very ironic.

Also, if you compare the two chimps its almost like the two Brothers in opposition.

I think even the animals need to learn to turn pyramids upside down.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This has reminded me of some quotes from the planet of the apes the original with your chimp film

*cornelius* man must be a warlike creature he must give battle to everyone around him

*cornelius* yay he will kill his brother to posses his brothers land .

*doctor zaius* keep digging cornelius ull find the master of this house an ape!.

*taylor* theres got to be an answer !.

*doctor zaius * DONT LOOK FOR IT TAYLOR YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND!.

TOO LATE YOU MANIACS YOU BLEW IT UP DAMN YOU DAMN YOU ELITISTS ALL TO HELLLL!!.....

my two cents and my funny five minutes worth

edit on 22-4-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

reply to post by Xeven

so are you a nihilist?

not quite the same, as we know Santa Claus is man made, because we as parents buy the presents and put them under the tree- we don't have that certainty of no life beyond the physical
edit on 22-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

precisely...

I find it interesting people use the "might as well believe in Santa Clause of pink Unicorns" line. It's almost like an a-theist mantra. Don't they have better arguments?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join