It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS Have Scapegoats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Greetings ATS!

I’ve noticed a disturbing trend lately, and I’ve wanted to ask if anyone else has observed the same thing.

It seems like ATS needs a boogeyman. Something the collective we can pin all our fears and frustrations upon. A topic where we gather to bash and ridicule, while feeling as if we’ve somehow uncovered a great truth or defended our homeland.

This boogeyman changes from time to time. For a while it was fundamentalist Muslims. I remember a time when sharia law threads were a dozen a day.

American policies are always good for a quick bash (and I’m not arguing its undeserved). Christianity also seems to get its fair share of detractors, and perhaps deservedly so. In the past couple of weeks the Mods and Owners of ATS have received their fair share of scrutiny and ire.

The newest ATS trend just now (and its been brewing for a while) seems to be focused on Israel.

In the past couple of months I’ve noticed several threads condemning Israel. There are accusations that Israel orchestrated 911. That Israel is maneuvering Iran and the West into World War III. That Israel manipulates (secretly or not) the leaders of the US into supporting a pro-Israel agenda.

I do not claim to know the truth of these accusations. Perhaps they are accurate, perhaps not. But I can’t help wondering if, in a few months, ATS will have found a new boogeyman to collectively focus on.

What do you think, ATS? Has anyone else noticed this trend? Or am I completely off my rocker?

As always, thanks for your polite responses!

smylee

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think it does.
ATS does seem to be somewhat scripted.
The controlled "opposition" alternative media.
Could be a CIA front?
Ive seen ATS in the illuminati card game.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Where?? Any pics??!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Curses! We have been discovered ...
Quick!!!
to the ESCAPE GOATS!

the USS Liberty was sunk by Muslims and there were no Dancing Israelis, and dov zachiem didn't steal any trillions....and he doesn't own any remote control air tanker companies....
nothing to see here...Move along, now, ...Move along
edit on 22-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are simply articles/topics that will spark up a healthy debate and when people tire of the debate, they quit debating it. It does not mean the issue went away, or even that people believe the issue to be unimportant, they are just through with debating it.

It has nothing to do with any group or thing being a scapegoat, more to do with the fact beating ones head against a wall is a senseless exercise. They get rehashed every now and then because people forgot what beating their head against the wall was like.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ATS Scapegoat......go ahead and trash the poor little thing. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the villification heaped upon him by the ATS Scapegoat Conspiracy rumor mill.

Des
edit on 22-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Israel has always been probed, especially their treatment of Palestine and things that actually over the heads of the Israeli's in general and fall into the PTB, Mossad and Zionism, which has very little to do with the grass roots people of their nation or any country in fact, there are many there who oppose all of this.

This, or exposing Bildenberg, the Royal Family, Rome, US/UK antics, none of this is new, and its not needing a boogie man as much as forumulating theories or reporting news, because many know the problems this world has and who the real boogie men are, the PTB, not necessarily the hidden higher ranks, we see the middle men, or public face of it.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here is a movement that as a conspiracy minded person who heard there is a prophecy in Germany I believe or Europe that when the people are shining love and peace at each other TPTB will start the war, but it nonentheless is such a beautiful message, real people are shining this.

IRANIANS WE LOVE U: a message to Iran from Israel

From Iran for peace and democracy

Iran & Israel - We love you!

Iran Loves Israel
edit on 22-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
ATS Scapegoat......go ahead and trash the poor little thing. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the villification heaped upon him by the ATS Scapegoat Conspiracy rumor mill.

Des
edit on 22-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Des,

Your posts always make me smile.

And he's WAY too cute to be our scapegoat. Couldn't you have posted a pic of some gigantic spider instead? I'd have no problem with that...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
There are simply articles/topics that will spark up a healthy debate and when people tire of the debate, they quit debating it. It does not mean the issue went away, or even that people believe the issue to be unimportant, they are just through with debating it.

It has nothing to do with any group or thing being a scapegoat, more to do with the fact beating ones head against a wall is a senseless exercise. They get rehashed every now and then because people forgot what beating their head against the wall was like.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

This makes a lot of sense. You may have answered my question. Thanks a lot!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Sowwy...I don't raise big hairy spiders...shudder...I raise goats, and that one is Thistle one of my breeders....

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fxtrademark
I think it does.
ATS does seem to be somewhat scripted.
The controlled "opposition" alternative media.
Could be a CIA front?

i have noticed that there are more and more threads starting with "what do you think of....?" or "what is your opinion on...?" people could gather alot of info just by reading several dozen posts on different subjects by individual members....they do not need to tap you wireless signal or watch you with cameras, you volunteer information on this website that can easily form a comprehensive dossier

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by smyleegrl

Sowwy...I don't raise big hairy spiders...shudder...I raise goats, and that one is Thistle one of my breeders....

Des

Thistle is adorable.

My great grandmother had goats, and chickens, and cows. I was always terrified of the goats. I think it stemmed from the time when I was about four and a goat I was petting ate a fair amount of my jacket and t-shirt.

But they're still adorable.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I suggest you take a wait and see attitude.

ATS posters are on the cutting edge of about every situation that comes up in our world.
If the topics about some country peters out over a few months, then you can claim that it was just a trend, whether induced or naturally ocurring and naturally extinguishing.

It it stays around for decades with fresh insights, information and data such as with UFOs, then you can suppose that there is something to the interest even if you yourself cannot see it.

I can't imagine how you would wonder about Israel being the boogyman or not. It seems clearer daily that is the case. But, as I stated above, time will tell. And maybe I'm just too easily swayed.

top topics

join