It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im going to the Ron Paul event in Philadelphia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is exciting, even though its raining, I dont think anything will be cancelled or rescheduled.

The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held on Sunday, April 22nd beginning at 1:00 p.m. and Dr. Paul is scheduled to speak at 2:30 p.m. At the event, the 12-term Congressman from Texas will discuss his path-breaking ‘Plan to Restore America’ and his agenda as President. Former CIA officer and Bin Laden Unit leader Michael Scheuer, who last December endorsed Ron Paul for the presidency, also will address the crowd.

Ill post pics afterwards.. It is going to be awesome, because I really dont know what to expect, and I have never been to one of these types of events before.

Anyone else going?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Just got here. A steady rain goin.

I'm lookin for a wifi hotspot so I can make some vids.

Posted via mobile

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here now. Steady amount of rain. Lots of people

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
edit on 22-4-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lucky you! I wasn't able to attend for reasons I choose not to discuss at this precise moment. According to the Ron Paul site, over 4300 attended in spite of the downpour! I'd like to see Romney or any of the others get that type of support, even in gorgeous sunny weather!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ok, and right before I went to this, I went to best buy to get a new phone (NEXUS!) and despite the rain, and the nexus being an $800 phone, I risked it. The video may not be great, and I didnt realize that I should have been holding it portrait style. But overall its not too bad considering all of the rain and having to hold an umbrella, meh I did my best. =P

There actually was a crap load of people there, I moved over to the side towards the back of the lawn to I could actually see him and Michael Scheuer. There was also a good speech by a local student/activist, he spoke about things like getting back to our constitutional roots, and how our government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around, a sentiment I think most if not all of us share. Very awesome.

I really hope I have the opportunity to do this again, hopefully in better weather. I would however do it, bad weather or not.

To have the ammount of people at an event like this with chilly, windy rain speaks volumes about the type of leadership Ron Paul brings to the table, and how he is lighting the path to bring out the real patriotism and passion for our country, that many think has long since passed.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Lucky you! I wasn't able to attend for reasons I choose not to discuss at this precise moment. According to the Ron Paul site, over 4300 attended in spite of the downpour! I'd like to see Romney or any of the others get that type of support, even in gorgeous sunny weather!!

I was thinking the same thing. One thing I did not see was Ron Paul folks handing out pre-fab signs of fake grass roots support. I did see a lot of former military showing support, lots of home made signs and real passion. Makes me wonder, I dont know a single person who supports Romney, I do know a few who support Gingrich (eventhough hes broke), I actually kind of understand why Gingrich has support, but why anyone likes Romney is completely beyond me.

I mean mix up his name and you get Money...with an R, thats reason enough for me! jk.

It was awesome, and hopefully you have a chance to go to one of these things in the future, But it was a lot of rain today, and I think I caught a cold. =P

I saw a lot of professional cameras and one on a boom, im sure it will be available online soon.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here are the pics in case anyone wants to see. Not much, but again I did my best with what I had. The images are quite big, so I didn't embed.

Image of the crowd

Ron Paul Speaking

Crowd Image

Close up of Ron Paul.

new topics

top topics

join