It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Bans Cash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Some of you people are so paranoid. Some of you see the Bogeyman behind every corner. Everything is evil, everything is bad, everything has bad consequences, every government is corrupt, there's a big shady corporation who really runs the world in your mind. I think professional help is needed...

Please let me know what your on, I would rather live blissfully naive too!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
How the hell can you get caught. It's cash!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by SilentThundersGF

your title is very misleading, it's a shame.
you needed some attention?
With an accurate title, like "Spain Bans Cash Transactions Over 2,500 Euros in business transactions" no one would pay attention to your post for sure.
Spain isn't banning cash, Spain is trying to avoid fraud in business. I'm in business for over 20 years now. Never did I pay such an amount of money in cash.

Ugh. Actually, $5000 (equivalent) in cash is not that much for some people. But if you are from a country that frowns on cash use, or you have been conditioned that holding cash is bad, I can understand why you have that view.

My friends from the Middle East all are used to making large payments in cash, of course, they came from countries that are not completely dominated by leveraged fractional banks (of course, that is changing with the current wars...)

When I was younger, my cousin and I both saved are money in cash under the bed. When it came time for him to buy his first car, he paid that way. Around that time I bought mostly stuff that was ultimately less useful than a car, but my first car I did pay for in cash.

For people who are well off, there are a number of luxury items that can be purchased for well over $5000, or 2500 euros. One rather well off student I know, whose parents live out of the country running an international business, is lucky enough to buy bags, jewelry and other extravagant things that are far over the $5000 limit. Not that I really care if she or people like her are affected.

The problem here is control.

Banks at one time were considered riskier than stocking your mattress or attic with valuables. Because of regulations and positioning, some people don't even have the option of where they want to hold their wealth. And that... is the disturbing part.

No cash today, could mean paying the banks to hold your money tomorrow. If the dwindling interest paid on a person's capital doesn't already feel like they are taking your money....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

your title is very misleading, it's a shame.
you needed some attention?
With an accurate title, like "Spain Bans Cash Transactions Over 2,500 Euros in business transactions" no one would pay attention to your post for sure.
Spain isn't banning cash, Spain is trying to avoid fraud in business. I'm in business for over 20 years now. Never did I pay such an amount of money in cash.

I bought my car for cash $4,000 would be illegal. so no saving cash have to use savings banks...that stinks if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As a matter of fact each time I have made a thread I made my own title. What happens if your OP is about 3 or 4 different articles? Do you post every single article title as your thread title? I think not. Your excuse is pathetic.....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by SilentThundersGF
reply to post by phatpackage

A friend instant-messaged the link to me.

I don't care where else it is on the internet, I hope it gets to be exposed on many forums! But this is the forum I use.

The article title is a little misleading I guess but the information is important.

Can you articulate your precise concerns with the move?

It would seem they are trying to deal with organized crime.

Does that affect you?

Unintended Consequences.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

They can't possibly stop the black market trade on cash, in fact it will only push them deeper underground beyond Govt reach!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo307
As a matter of fact each time I have made a thread I made my own title. What happens if your OP is about 3 or 4 different articles? Do you post every single article title as your thread title? I think not. Your excuse is pathetic.....

Stop trolling the OP. This is a thread in the BAN Forum (Breaking alternative News.)

This link - ttp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/news_sub.php

Read this under "Article Headline":

(Must be the exact same headline as used in the news story you're submitting.)

Mods will come and change your article if you don't match it to the one that is linked as the news source

ie. ( exnews )

Stop your nonsense.

edit on 22-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Did they not simply ban cash transactions over 2500 euros??
I think the title is a tad misleading.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
wow
thread title nazis

banning cash transactions is the topic "over 2500 euros "is just a qualifying statement"
are cash transactions over 2500 euros cash transactions?
is the money still cash?
well duh

its a slippery slope
edit on 22-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The responses in this thread are a disgrace. The OP emailed me, she's gone forever because she no longer thinks its worthwhile posting news on what she calls a "troll site."

While I think she's overreacting, looking at the last few pages I'm starting to think maybe she's right.

You trolls should be ashamed of yourselves. Get a freaking life, losers.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe Mexico has already withdrawn from using cash a year or so ago. People can only convert about $300 or so American dollars a day. It's been a while since I read several articles on that months back but I'm pretty sure it's correct. I'm also pretty sure some one will correct me if I'm wrong tho... Times are changing. One thing that doesn't help are these so-called "experts" who predict the dollar collapse in the near future. I'm not saying it won't happen but it doesn't look good to other Countries when we knock our own currency.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
seems reasonable to me

you can still buy a refridgerator from a friend using cash with no worries

this is done to beat the cheats

the only people who don't like it

are cheats

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Close, what I found suggests a maximum limit of 1500USD conversion per month:

1. Hotels and Exchange Booths will only be able to change a maximum of $1,500 USD CASH per person per month into Mexican Pesos. Previously there was no limit.

2. Businesses (transportation and excursion companies) will only be able to accept a maximum of $100 USD CASH per transaction – but the number of transactions per customer are not restricted.

3. Certain businesses may not be able to, or may choose not to accept American Dollars CASH for any purchase at all (this may include shops etc)

Source

And the obvious kicker:

Appropriate advice would be to inform travelers that they should not carry large amounts of American Dollars cash with them to Mexico, but instead they should consider either using a Credit Card, taking Mexican Pesos cash, taking Traveler’s Checks (of any currency) or withdrawing money locally in Mexican Pesos.

It is clear that banks and the like do not want us using cash anymore. It is much more profitable for transactions charges to be racked up with digital or alternate currency.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Using electronic money is more expensive than the folding kind. Without electricity or communication electronic money does not work. The black market will thrive because of these problems.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
The responses in this thread are a disgrace. The OP emailed me, she's gone forever because she no longer thinks its worthwhile posting news on what she calls a "troll site."

While I think she's overreacting, looking at the last few pages I'm starting to think maybe she's right.

I get called a troll when I disagree with someone of low intellect. The proper term is troller. It is a fishing term. They try and anger people, fishing for emotion, dragging bait.. I just anger them with the truth. What is your definition of "trolling"?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

What's bad in the U.S. now a days, ever since they passed this stupid "see something, say something" law or what ever they want to call it, people who use cash money for transactions may be under scrutiny by the general public since most have been schooled to use credit/debit cards. Basically, if a normal citizen "sees" something that appears "suspicious", they contact the law. Basically, people who use excessive cash, like buying an airplane ticket, might be considered suspicious (terrorist), along with a list of other bogas crap thanks to the 9/11 incident. Well actually, it was drafted under this current administration but still, things have definitely changed since that time.

Some friends of ours who deal in cash all the time thanks to their business, paid their airline tickets in cash. Well, that put them under scrutiny with the infamous TSA security, so they were "detained" and had to catch another flight since they missed their scheduled one. People who pay cash for stuff any more (like over say $600 or so) are made to feel like criminals. We personally have NO credit cards and only one debit card. We always pay in cash and we will never bend to their ways. One bright side to that is we have no monthly bills with outrageous interest rates that we have to pay!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by Leftist

I get called a troll when I disagree with someone of low intellect. The proper term is troller. It is a fishing term. They try and anger people, fishing for emotion, dragging bait.. I just anger them with the truth. What is your definition of "trolling"?

so true. Many people ignore this site because of sensationalism and dis-info the likes of GLP. Maybe she is contributing to people's distrust of the site???Ever think of that?? Your telling me the OP couldn't find an article with a less sensational title? I doubt it. Anyhoo im done with this site as well. Sick of all the BS ,omg I heard a sound, fail earthquake predictions, saw UFO footage taken with a #ty camera, Niburu in Antarctica earth is breaking apart type fear mongering BS. All the while legitimate threads get no attention. Love how all the sensational and disinfo threads get tons of flags by people who don't bother to read the OP. Screw this site. It's no better than GodlikeProductions.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Personally I don't see why they are getting upset either about the tittle. You did what you were supposed to do, so forget about them. Being as I'm new here, it does make me question why all the bitterness. It's not like you wrote the article, just brought it to every's attention. Personally, I'm glad you did being as the countries all over are in turmoil and the economy is the main problem. Even the ol' U.S.A. is suffering, regardless of what the gov. says. Just goes to show how one article can be interpreted in so many different ways. Take it for what it's worth, either it's of importance or it's not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join