It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Bans Cash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Spain Bans Cash

thedailybell.com

Spain Bans Cash Transactions Over 2,500 Euros ... Spain has outlawed the use of cash in business transactions in excess 2,500 euros in order to crack down on the black market and tax evaders. The motivations behind the push for digital currencies is exposed as Spain heads down the road of the Greeks in combating their sovereign debt crisis. As the government scrambles for every tax dollar it can get its hands on, even though they already gave every Spaniard $23,000 Euros in debt last year alone (approximately $32,500), they are now banning all large cash business transactions. Why? So they can
(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is an unwelcome piece of news to me.

Cash brings privacy. This is another way for TPTB to monitor your every move. This could bring a quantum leap in the survalience society.

And if you believe in a "new world order," cashless society is a cornerstone of this global tyrrany's plans for Planet Earth.

They claim use only for preserving the Euro (which should not be preserved imho) but this will be generalized to survalience society/one-planet NWO purposes quite easily. If not now, 3 or 5 or 10 years after.

Kick Spain while it is down why don't you?
They know they can do it to Spain because it is hurting so bad and they need to suck more taxes from it to pay for Bailouts to the global banking cartel.

This is ugly news. Today Spain - Tomorrow YOU.

thedailybell.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentThundersGF

your title is very misleading, it's a shame.
you needed some attention?
With an accurate title, like "Spain Bans Cash Transactions Over 2,500 Euros in business transactions" no one would pay attention to your post for sure.
Spain isn't banning cash, Spain is trying to avoid fraud in business. I'm in business for over 20 years now. Never did I pay such an amount of money in cash.

+51 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

your title is very misleading, it's a shame.
you needed some attention?

Why don't you read the terms and conditions before lashing out with ugly personal attacks.

We are required to use the EXACT headline of the article when posting in this forum. Which i DID.

If you don't like it, blame the article not me.
edit on 22-4-2012 by SilentThundersGF because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The fact that bankers kept the fat profits in the good years but now pass on the losses to the public in the bad years is Marxism for the rich.

Why should bank losses be shared amongst the taxpayer when they didn't share any of the profits?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just listened to a great webinar by a bloke who reckoned that our monetry system is heading the same way as the romans. He explained how money starts, is linked to say precious metals, ends up as a fiat curency NOT linked to something of value then goes through a couple more stages before KABOOM no more modern curency just major depression!. He reckons our society is going into the last stage now. Luckily, I've been buying my silver coins for a while now so hopefully, I'll handle it. I reckon this is directly related to the OP. If not, sorry about that, I lose my train of thought really quickly now, (and I'm only 60) sheesh!! : )

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I like facts, not fear mongering or misrepresentation of facts. Especially in times like this where a lot of terrible facts do happen. Once again, this has nothing to do with "TPTB" (what a great excuse to be vague, this acronym) trying to control the masses, this is a government being attacked by financial markets trying to keep businesses from fraud.

and my reply wasn't an attack, let alone an "ugly personal" one.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Never sleeping eyes, I must disagree. Spain are trying to grab every tax dollar they can from as many people as they can.to try and squirm their way out of a massive mess that they are in. This , I believe is only the start. Moe to come in many many other countries. And yes, I still would have looked at the thread even with your altered heading. Anyone with eyes to see and a brain should be able to see the writing on the wall

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

please read the article carefully (if you didn't already do so) !
it's about business transactions, not plain folk like us

and of course, they try to catch as much tax money as possible. By "banning cash" in the sense of the article, they increase chances that it's not only working folks' tax money they catch.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I live in Spain and can tell you it isn't just business transactions, it's all transactions over €2500.00 but most of us 'common' people don't have that kind of cash to spend anyway.

Maybe we'll be able to stop the corrupt local politicians and mayors from taking back handers and not declaring it on their tax return.

www.typicallyspanish.com...

The article above is an old one but it's still ongoing and many of the other smaller townhalls have seen arrests too. I've no idea why anyone would be surprised that Spain now needs such strong austerity measures but it's a shame that the 'common' people are the ones being hurt by it.

Here's a couple of more recent articles showing the same kind of corruption at local government level.

www.theolivepress.es...

www.theolivepress.es...

edit on 22-4-2012 by Maya00a because: Added 2 links

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I live in Spain and can tell you it isn't just business transactions, it's all transactions over €2500.00 but most of us 'common' people don't have that kind of cash to spend anyway.

Doesn't matter if it is only for transactions over €2500. They're using the boiled frog technique.

We all know what the ultimate goal here is - a cashless society. Anyone dare to say it will stay at transactions over €2500 forever?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

That's right, they begin small and work up to more invasive things.

2500 is really not that big an amount. And "plain folk" are also involved in business transactions. Plenty of small businesses deal regularly with cash transactions in this amount.

Yeah, probably the article could be titled less fear-mongering-ly. But I agree the info is important.

Cash is supposed to be "legal tender for all debts public and private." Cash IS money. By restricting the use of cash in ANY way it is a direct frontal assault on the philosophical principle of paper money itself. Either cash is "legal tender for ALL debts" or it isn't. You can't get a little bit pregnant, as they say. Restricting the scope of use of cash in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER is to undermine the legitmacy of ALL cash transactions. This is a central point!

Canada recently announced it was going to shift out of paper too:

Canada to Dump Cash for Digital Currency
…The Royal Canadian Mint announced the completely digital currency, MintChip, a physical chip without a centralized database….

Source:
www.mobiledia.com...

Avalanches always start with a few pebbles.

edit on 4/22/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Maya00a

Doesn't matter if it is only for transactions over €2500. They're using the boiled frog technique.

We all know what the ultimate goal here is - a cashless society. Anyone dare to say it will stay at transactions over €2500 forever?

I totally agree that this is just the beginning but cash is still 'king' here and many Spaniards don't even have bank accounts. Those that are lucky enough to still be employed must have a bank account for their salary but I don't know of anyone that leaves it in the bank. The law here allows businesses to embargo a bank account, without notice, and just take money out, even when money isn't owed. It happens all the time and it's a lengthy and expensive process to try and get that money back so people avoid leaving money in their accounts.

We have a new 'local' currency being used in our town and as there are a lot of small farms here people also swap produce. It will take a long time to get everyone to have an active bank account for transactions.

It comes as no surprise then that Transparency International has listed Spain as more corrupt than Uruguay, Chile and Qatar, and almost on a par with of Botswana – quite a feat for the fourth richest nation in the European Union.

www.theolivepress.es...
edit on 22-4-2012 by Maya00a because: to add external text

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Don't see any problems with it. Who carries around so much money? And even if the lower it....so what? Credit Cards have been around forever, Online Banking isn't a new thing, a lot of people already live mostly without using paper money and they don't have a problem. The only time i use real money is to buy food and Beverages, everything else i already do online or with Credit/Cash Card

Some of you people are so paranoid. Some of you see the Bogeyman behind every corner. Everything is evil, everything is bad, everything has bad consequences, every government is corrupt, there's a big shady corporation who really runs the world in your mind. I think professional help is needed...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Maya quote:
We have a new 'local' currency being used in our town and as there are a lot of small farms here people also swap produce. It will take a long time to get everyone to have an active bank account for transactions.

Please tell us more about this "local" currency. I have talked about it for a while now where I am in Ireland. Would genuinely love to hear more about how it works, pro's and cons etc.
Thanks
edit on 22-4-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: messed up copying a quote

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Don't see any problems with it. Who carries around so much money? And even if the lower it....so what? Credit Cards have been around forever, Online Banking isn't a new thing, a lot of people already live mostly without using paper money and they don't have a problem. The only time i use real money is to buy food and Beverages, everything else i already do online or with Credit/Cash Card

Some of you people are so paranoid. Some of you see the Bogeyman behind every corner. Everything is evil, everything is bad, everything has bad consequences, every government is corrupt, there's a big shady corporation who really runs the world in your mind. I think professional help is needed...

Why thank you, your post motivated me to change everything about my mind, as well as to seek the professional help I clearly need!! Today is the beginning of a new life for me!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mufcutcakeyumyum
Maya quote:

Please tell us more about this "local" currency. I have talked about it for a while now where I am in Ireland. Would genuinely love to hear more about how it works, pro's and cons etc.
Thanks
edit on 22-4-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: messed up copying a quote

Sorry but I can't say exactly how it works as I haven't used it but it's been being used for at least 12 months. It can't be used in the bigger stores, supermarkets or out of town and you can't pay it into a bank but a lot of things are still kept local so it seems to work. Most of our work is out of town so it wouldn't work for us.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

You don´t need cash money to pay somebody off. Here in Austria it works with a "consulting honorarium".
Look up the case Grasser, Hochegger, Meischberger and Strasser.
Peter Hochegger and Grasser are Freemasons by the way.
In german (but you know how google translator works ;D ) :

www.format.at...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join