It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahh.. You may be right and in reading this one and others out right now the devil is in the wording, isn't it? I just imagined these things would have a TB or larger hard drive for image recording..and by the sound of past records located..someone got sloppy about dumping mission records each time. I suppose that wouldn't be at all surprising...that procedures may not have been fully followed for erasing old stuff. I'm sure none of the guys working this equipment seriously believed THAT plane they were working inside of would be in Iranian hands a few days later.

It's a much better situation, in my view, if they did not get actual vido footage though. It's not lost on me..for instance..that Israel and the United States are running agents inside Iran....and wouldn't it be perfect if a low, stealthy drone were there to see marks or signs for 'drops' or whatever else they're doing. My first fear when I heard they got this intact was that captured video may very well have dealt with VERY sentitive things like that.

I suppose some people COULD owe their lives to U.S. standard procedure on video if that is NOT what Iran was able to crack and capture.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Its irrelevant...remember that anything out, in the clear, and in use is already out-dated.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Didn't they capture it because the up and down link was not encrypted and they took control with a better signal.

I might be recalling this wrong but it seemed technique wasn't super special. If that is the case maybe the rest of it isn't that secure either.

Oops...Was wrong

By putting noise (jamming) on the communications, you force the bird into autopilot. This is where the bird loses its brain.' Apparently, once it loses its brain, the bird relies on GPS signals to get home. By spoofing GPS, Iranian engineers were able to get the drone to 'land on its own where we wanted it to, without having to crack the remote-control signals and communications.

Noise and GPS

edit on 4/22/2012 by roadgravel because: Add content

edit on 4/22/2012 by roadgravel because: Fix tag

edit on 4/22/2012 by roadgravel because: Tags again

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Don't think Iran did anything i think Chinese engineers may have the story is suspect for the simple fact of how hard of a time the Iranians had with stuxnet.
edit on 22-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by QQXXw

i aggree.we can destroy iran easily.they are impotent.

i mean send a 1000 M1 ABRAMS TANKS AND THEY WILL RUNfor the hills.

iran is just a desert and the people are cowards which is why they use TERRORIST bombs against us.

i vote we invade iran RIGHT NOW.

WE MUST SHOW them we will prevail.

we must invade iran and seize the oil and reduce them to beggers and nomads with scimitars in robes on camels.

Ignorant war mongers like you are why much of the world hates America................seize there oil...........man how low can you get???........You should be friends with Cheney he and you would get along well.........We might as well poison the water supplies of the Iranian people while were at it. Hell lets just use cluster bombs on these "nomads" ...............why don't you go over there and tell those people what you want to do to them? Your so willing to send the men needed to man those 1000 Abrams tanks your calling for. Heres an idea why dont we train each member of your family how to use them and you guys can just do it yourself. Not enough family? Try using all your friends and a couple more war mongering tards such as yourself. That should get the job done. When you get done doing that PLEASE PLEASE make sure you setup a new central bank so the Rothschilds can rape another nation..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Don't think Iran did anything i think Chinese engineers may have the story is suspect for the simple fact of how hard of a time the Iranians had with Stuxnet.

Not very computer savvy are we? Decrypting a hard drive and fighting a worm like Stuxnet are two totally different things.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Don't think Iran did anything i think Chinese engineers may have the story is suspect for the simple fact of how hard of a time the Iranians had with Stuxnet.

Not very computer savvy are we? Decrypting a hard drive and fighting a worm like Stuxnet are two totally different things.

Decrypting stored data can be impossible

Detecting a gigantic worm built in a high level language is something that even a teenage computer geek could figure out

all stuxnet proved was that Iran's nuclear facilities are guarded by very incompetent people

There is no chance that Iran captured the drone through some technological voodoo, it either crashed or was given to Iran as a Trojan horse

edit on 23-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

No mechanical hard-drives in those drones

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
all stuxnet proved was that Iran's nuclear facilities are guarded by very incompetent people

It proved that Iran's nuclear facilities were guarded by very incompetent people, they may have learned their lesson.

There is no chance that Iran captured the drone through some technological voodoo, it either crashed or was given to Iran as a Trojan horse
Why? Do you think they don't have the capacity for doing it?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
all the circuitry is made in china methinks and they have backdoors built into the system. supercomplex mathematical encryption? ahhhh no problem left 2 right 30 left 14 click....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are correct in that they would have considerably improved security by now, perhaps not the effect the west wanted?

I also don't believe its possible for any nation to take un-authorized on-line control of a U.S drone

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why do these threads turn into a bunch of saber rattling?
The op was about iran capturing a drone and hacking it's info but turned into chest thumping for war lovers.
I commend those calling for peace, i'm tired of people dieing in wars that profit the powerful and destroy the world.
All you people that want war should grab a gun and go.
For pete sake the u.s. already toppled their government with the cia now they are at it again.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
First, there is a lot of misinformation going on in this thread. Words such as spoofing, hacking, jamming, etc., being thrown around with what people think what happens not what actually happens.

Anyhow, regarding Iran and their claims.

"SEC. PANETTA: Well, you know, it's obviously a classified program, and I don't want to get into the particulars of that program. But I think I can -- I can tell you, based on my experience that I would seriously question their ability to do what they say they've done. "

Iran has a long history of faking major weapon developments.
Link

“Also,” wonders the Pentagon program manager, “exactly how would the aircraft ‘know’ it was ‘sent’ to California? It can’t fly from Afghanistan to Lockheed Martin’s Palmdale plant without stopping for gas a few dozen times. If it did go to home in 2010, it was probably in a C-17. My hunch is that the Iranians gathered some information using other sources and claimed it was obtained by hacking the 170′s systems.”
edit on 24-4-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join